Starting problem

Mbyana
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 5 months

Starting problem

Post by Mbyana »

Greetings. I have a 2009 citi sport 1.4i which I got in September. It's been a runner, but I experienced problems with electronics, sometimes it would start running on battery power while I'm driving, causing it to eventually die. But that is not my query now, please help with getting it to start, it cranks but does not start, I replaced the coil and rotor on the distributor. Please help.
Hendriklotteringbix
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Re: Starting problem

Post by Hendriklotteringbix »

Hey my rox 1.4 is stuck with same problem but I see you still don't have any reply
Hendriklotteringbix
Enlisted

Greetings everyone anyone who can give assistance plz it will really help us my 2009 citi rox just died under my feet I tried started it again it just give me that excitement of hearing it start again then cut off n just swings no start for a while try it again same story it start and die again
Vdub head
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months
Car Make: VA
Car Model: Citi 1.8 mp9

Post by Vdub head »

Does your pump kick?
Current: Citi 1.8 mp9 :D
Hendriklotteringbix
Enlisted

I check this morning it look like it doesn't pump feul true but strange I took the pump out test it on the battery and it was working now I don't know
Mbyana
Enlisted

Post by Mbyana »

My pump is also fine. I suspect the ignition timing for you guys. I will gather funds and replace my distributor and run spark tests.
Baroka
Enlisted

Post by Baroka »

Good afternoon guys, i have 2009 citi not starting coz theres no spark. I replaced the coil, distributor and the module. I noticed that when ever I replace d module, the car gets spark on the 1st turn and then loose for good. when u test that module on another car it works fine.
Vdub head
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months
Car Make: VA
Car Model: Citi 1.8 mp9

Post by Vdub head »

Hendriklotteringbix wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:08 am I check this morning it look like it doesn't pump feul true but strange I took the pump out test it on the battery and it was working now I don't know
I had the same issue actually just a day ago,I nearly bought a new pump. I’m not too sure what it was but I suspect it was my relay cause my mechanic just came and fixed it. He took out the relay and cleaned it a bit. I have a pump lying around here at home and when I test it with the terminals of the battery it comes but my mechanic said it isn’t pumping fuel and I believe him cause the car would jerk when I thrned.
Current: Citi 1.8 mp9 :D
Mbyana
Enlisted

Post by Mbyana »

I went back to it, checked for spark and there was none. Test your sparks, if there isn't any, and your plugs and wires are fine, try grabbing the distributor cap and rotate it while cranking. Worked for me
Smod
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by Smod »

I have the same problem, my 09 citi 1.4i wont fire up, I've hit a bump and it died, ever since then it won't start, I also noticed the tachometer jumps even. Even goes all the way down and back up when the ignition is turned on. I've had a spark issue before, I've replaced everything that could potentially be the culprit, the mechanic also had the reader cable? Changed.. The car ran perfectly up until now after I hit the bump. Please help
Mbyana
Enlisted

Post by Mbyana »

I am not so sure, I would check the whole ignition system wiring and look for loose connections and loosen and tighten everything again, try testing everything as you loosen and tighten
175SBU
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi

Post by 175SBU »

Did you guys get sorted? If so what was the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mbyana
Enlisted

Post by Mbyana »

Yes I am fine. I rotated the distributor cap while cranking. Seems I was off timing by a tit.
175SBU
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi

Post by 175SBU »

Happiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk