Review of work done by Panics Place on Nissan Skyline

Servicing and repairs on all VW and Audi models, old and new. The passion is sort of on the old but we also love the newer and can do whatever you need.
wickid3
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 00 G4 GTI

Review of work done by Panics Place on Nissan Skyline

Post by wickid3 »

This post is intended to be useful for future prospective clients and forum users that are unaware of our build thread on the forum.
This post is an honest and truthful account of work rendered to us by Stephan van Tonder/Panics Place.
Having been a long time browser of the forum and having watched a number of good builds here (jetta2’s 8V turbo and a blue VR6 Turbo) tuned by Stephan, we decided that he should tune our car eventually . . . . Whenever that was going to be. . .
First contact with Stephan he was very friendly and accommodating. He answered all our questions and also advised us.

Below is a list of pros and cons of our experience with Panics Place.
Pro’s
- He kept us up to date with the build.
- Always ready to answer our WhatsApp’s.
- He was ready and available when we wanted to see the car and progress he made with it. (no running around spinning us stories, car was to be found as described to us in our WhatsApp conversations)
- The prices he quoted in the very beginning is what we paid in the end. (No surprises with extra add on’s.)
- Fair amount of labour was charged for the process. He spent a lot of extra time searching and troubleshooting and did not charge for that.

Con’s
- It did take a long to get the car back as the car was with Stephan for many months. I must say that when we left the car with him we didn’t give him a deadline and we told him to take his time.

Note, I didn’t really want to put any cons because my brother and I never officially put a complaint to Stephan about the time infact we didn't complain at all. I just put it in for sakes of the review not being too lopsided in favour of him.

After all work was done he asked us to be present for the dyno tune, on the day again he was happy to explain to us anything we didn’t understand.

To Summarize
We are very glad that we chose him to render work for us. I think the biggest compliment I can pay him is that, what we asked for as clients he delivered on that promise EXACTLY to the tee. His workmanship was also up there with best and he also threw in a few little extras without charging us. Aftersales/customer service was good, 1 month after picking up the car he is still available to us and took it back to him for some small issues that needed ironing out.

PS, hope forum users find this informative and useful. ( I tried not too just slap a usual a "rave" together)

List of mods that was carried at Panic’s Place.

Supply and fit PP engine management system harness and plugs
Tuning
Delphi 680cc injectors
Supply and fit VAG Coil packs
Supply and fit VAG N75 valve for boost control
Spark plugs
Plugs for coil packs
Coil cover plate
Wide band Lambda sensor
High/low boost control switch
Modification of Cam angle sensor

Modification to the ignition/fuelling system

Current: 00 Golf 4 GTI/07 Volvo s40 2.4i/ Skyline R32 GTS-t

Ex: 06 PASSAT 2.0 FSI
E46 BMW 318I
96 MK3 GTI
97 VR6
93 1.6 Corrola GLS
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Review of work done by Panics Place on Nissan Skyline

Post by Unobeat »

Good usable review.
Thumb s up for the writes up.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Sebz
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 9 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 135i E82 N54 ST 6MT
Membership No: 3020

Post by Sebz »

Very nice review - Stephan is a legend!
Single turbo BMW 135i N54 6MT

Ex's:
Brilliant BMW 135i E82 N55 6MT
Stupidly static THANAS Tuned '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi

Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Sorta slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.6
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute 1.4
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot

It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Post by THANAS »

Unobeat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am Good usable review.
What possessed you to necro this thread? But good work as well :thumbup: .
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

THANAS wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Unobeat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am Good usable review.
What possessed you to necro this thread? But good work as well :thumbup: .
I was led to this thread as i was answering a question by Chanky wanting to boost his 1.8 MP9 motor and i had to read this well written review.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Stu
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 10 months
Car Make: Merc
Car Model: C63 Edition 507
Membership No: missing

Post by Stu »

awesome stuff
Polo 20VBigT - The Redhead
Kia Sportage - The Silver Surfer
C63 507 Edition - The Dragon