Mk1 wiring issues

Volkswagen: The Glen is one of the longest standing dealerships in SA, We pride ourselves on our service. For all your vehicle purchasing needs contact us.
Jarrodgovender
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years

Mk1 wiring issues

Post by Jarrodgovender »

Hi all.im not sure if anyone here will be able to help... One of my cousins has a golf mk1 which was a 1.4 carb.i say 1.4carb because the previous owner converted it to the mp9 system.unfortunately the previous owner didn't do a good job and the car isn't starting.what I wanted to know is if anyone could possibly help out with a wiring diagram for the computer box cause there's so many wires that are cut etc,that I don't know what goes where.the fuel pump on the vehicle was also not working but I managed to sort that out(had to rewire the fuel pump circuit).the vehicle also has the 3pin box type coil.im also abit confused as to how that needs to be wired up because if I test for power I'm getting negative on 2pins(one is plain black and the other brown and Yellow).any help would be really appreciated.i know it's hard to give out secrets when it comes to stuff like this but my cousin is unable to afford to take the vehicle to an electrician hence me helping him out.i forgot to mention that the box has been decoded.theres a code on the box which reads 17s 906 258c.not sure if that will be of any help.