Unibid

Volkswagen: The Glen is one of the longest standing dealerships in SA, We pride ourselves on our service. For all your vehicle purchasing needs contact us.
pyro-zn
Major
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf 7R
Membership No: 2072

Unibid

Post by pyro-zn »

Hi Tashy, :hi:

What exactly is Unibid and why has it been implemented for Trade-in vehicles?

Nowdays (in general) - Most Dealerships sell vehicles above Transunion's retail price, but don't keep to Transunion's trade price; they add the vehicle to Unibid and see what 'offers' they receive... even if the vehicle is in pristine condition... and the offers are well below the trade price. Well from my research anyway...

Can you give us more information on this process? :hug:

Current: '17 Golf VII R
Ex: '12 TR Golf Vi GTi DSG ::: Revo3 - thread
Ex: '07 Polo GTi (Take 2) ::: FR&R Tuned (163wkw 385nm) - thread
Ex: '13 Polo 1.4 Comfortline ::: PanoRoof | JOM Bluelines | 17" A-Line Racers | 17" VW Boavista's
by Borbet - thread
Ex: '07 Polo GTi ::: 76mm downpipe | 63mm exhaust | sLammeD - pics thread
pyro-zn
Major

Re: Unibid

Post by pyro-zn »

Bump :)

Ex: '13 Polo 1.4 Comfortline ::: PanoRoof | JOM Bluelines | 17" A-Line Racers | 17" VW Boavista's
by Borbet - thread
tashy
VW McDULING MOTORS
Registered for: 13 years 9 months
Car Model: Golf 6 1.4tsi comf
Membership No: missing

Post by tashy »

Hey Pyro :hi:

Sorry for the late response , Unibid is the bane of my existence lol.

It is exactly what you said, apparently the bids give more of an indication as what to pay on the vehicle. So basically when they bid, the bids are crappy cos they try to get the car for a steal, but i argue with the trade in amounts that we get and always try to get more as per the transunion value.
It pulls info on previous accident damage as well.
So if the vehicle in question is in amazing condition then the dealer shouldn't be paying under book.
Did you do an evaluation?
2010 Polo 6R Comfortline
pyro-zn
Major

Post by pyro-zn »

Not yet... will do one at the end of this year or next year when I'm ready to trade-in.

The question initially stemmed from my previous experiences, however a friend of mine had his Polo Vivo valuated today and a dealership (won't mention names just yet).

Details:
2012 VW Polo Vivo 1.4 Trendline
Trade: 98600.00 (I believe)

Car has 30k+/- kms, has a maintenance plan, full service ... etc, and the dealership said they will give him R 88 900 :eek: cause they are using a different transunion book of some sort...

It's weird... sorry for long story, thank you for clearing up what Unibid is :hug:

by Borbet - thread
marzbars
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Car Model: 1988 Corrado 16V
Membership No: 1316

Post by marzbars »

Same thing happened when I tried to trade my Audi, dealer gave me the highest offer on Unibid, saying they won't keep the car due to the age and mileage and the car will go to whoever put in the bid.

3 months later the car sold from the same dealer at R65000 more than they paid me, all they did was replace clutch and one tire.

:bang: :mad:
tashy
VW McDULING MOTORS

Post by tashy »

pyro-zn wrote:Not yet... will do one at the end of this year or next year when I'm ready to trade-in.

The question initially stemmed from my previous experiences, however a friend of mine had his Polo Vivo valuated today and a dealership (won't mention names just yet).

Details:

Car has 30k+/- kms, has a maintenance plan, full service ... etc, and the dealership said they will give him R 88 900 :eek: cause they are using a different transunion book of some sort...

It's weird... sorry for long story, thank you for clearing up what Unibid is :hug:

I can check tomorrow and tell you, what does he want to trade it for. If there were no accident damage and there is no recon then he should be getting full book. But with mileage like that he should be getting book regardless. That mileage is amazing for the year model.

Pleasure :hug:
2010 Polo 6R Comfortline
tashy
VW McDULING MOTORS

Post by tashy »

pyro-zn wrote:Not yet... will do one at the end of this year or next year when I'm ready to trade-in.

Details:

JUst checked unibid for the values,
Vivo 1.4 Base R89800
Trendline - R98600

if you can pm me the chassis number ill check which one it is.
2010 Polo 6R Comfortline