Rave: Panic Mechanic

Rants and Raves - Let us know about your experiences...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
MNR
Enlisted
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 1.6 Fox

Rave: Panic Mechanic

Postby MNR » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:36 pm

After doing a 16v conversion (Completely rebuild engine with some cams) running on MP9 she where jerking very bad and idling very rough i decided to install a uni chip with the MP9 thinking it will be able to adjust the fueling and fix all the issues. After installing the Uni chip the car drove much better but still not to my liking she started dying when driving in traffic and started jerking everywhere and did not drive like I thought she would and she only had 6000km's with the newly build engine.

After giving up with the MP9 + Unichip system i took her to Panic for some Perfect Power love :hurray:. This was by far the best choice i ever made.

When the perfect power where installed other issues popped up like a faulty injector and faulty FPR after all this was replaced the car still had a misfire and after a long struggle (very long) Panic figured out that the new spark plug leads was also making some trouble. :crazy: after replacing this the car started first time cold start and also started the first time when the car is hot(i used to struggle to start the car when she was hot on the MP9 + Unichip).

I would like to say a BIG thanks to Panic Mechanic for fixing up my foxie and keeping me up to date with all his findings. After all the faulty parts where replaced the car drives like a dream now with no jerking and the car does not die when driving in traffic and just feels very smooth through the ref range.

i would recommend Panic mechanic to anyone having issues with their cars he really knows his stuff around them and for a very good price.

PapaJo
Major
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, ´86 Caddy pick-up
Membership No: missing

Re: Rave: Panic Mechanic

Postby PapaJo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:53 am

Well Done, Panic!!

Reegz
VWCSA Member
Car Model: MK VI Golf GTi Edition 35
Membership No: 1400

Postby Reegz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 am

Top stuff!
** Current Rides **
<-- 2012 MK VI Golf GTi Edition 35
<-- 2012 Touran 2.0 Tdi

** Previous Rides **
--> Sold | 2012 Jetta 6 1.4TSi
--> Sold | 02 Polo Playa | --2.0 ADY--
--> Sold | 04 Ducati Monster M400
--> Sold | 08 CBR 600 RR
--> Gone to Heaven | 06 CBR 600 RR Movistar
--> Sold | 96 Mk I CTi

nolan.chettiar
Cadet

Postby nolan.chettiar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatBloke
Cadet

Postby ThatBloke » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 pm

From reading many of Panics helpful posts on the forum I can only assume what a great privilege it must be to have him as your mechanic, op you are a lucky guy!

Return to “Non-Technical: Rants and Raves”