2016 polo vivo missing and noise in the engine after finding out it had very little oil

Sboniso
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years

2016 polo vivo missing and noise in the engine after finding out it had very little oil

Post by Sboniso »

Greetings gentlemen
I need urgent help with my polo vivo i drove at 160km/h rushing to fetch my mom 170km away taking her to hospital and upon arrival the car started missing like the coil packs have mulfunctioned and epc light came on,and upon investigating it had very little oil which was strange, i bought 2 litres of oil topped up and the missing when iddling stopped but now immediately after that the knocking sound came on from the engine which is persistent up until now...please help :type:
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: 2016 polo vivo missing and noise in the engine after finding out it had very little oil

Post by Jetta2 »

Very difficult to diagnose sounds on a forum, but it is quite possible either the main crank bearings or conrod bigend bearings got damaged or even lifters in the head or the head and cam itself.

Describe the noise in better detail or better yet, take a video of the noise and upload to Youtube and put the link here.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Sboniso
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years

Re: 2016 polo vivo missing and noise in the engine after finding out it had very little oil

Post by Sboniso »

Ok boet i shall do that its like a tapet noise but at a bigger scale you hear it when on 3rd gear under 60km/h but when going towards 100km/h noise fades away