2E recommended mods with out changing CAM

Chrisscross
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

2E recommended mods with out changing CAM

Post by Chrisscross »

Hey Guys, I have 2004 Citi Golf with a 2.0 8 valve mp9 fuel Injectors Conversion.

The motor Itself is stock,
50mm Free Flow Exhaust with stock Downfall pipe (no branches)
Light weight Fly Wheel
Polo Cup ECU
basic Cone filter

Ive had the car for over a year now (No Engine problems and pretty good on fuel surprisingly if I stay below 3500RPM ) and hoping to get little bit more of a kick. Are there mods that I can do which will give me a boost in power while keeping the stock cam, I don't want to loose power at 2500 - 3500 RPM
and General Idea of price ?

Unfortunately I have no clue how many Kw's its performing But I easily tail my friends 2002 Chevorlet Lumina V6 3.8l from robot to robot.
Dean_8V
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Re: 2E recommended mods with out changing CAM

Post by Dean_8V »

Hi I have the same engine and would also like to know what else I can do to get better performance. I'm looking at getting +-120wkw up in jhb with a N/A 2l 8V 2E engine what mods can I do to it. I'm currently running std dictator with 288 billet cam. How much kw will I gain if I replace my head with a cross flow head and take 5mm off of the x flow head.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Cam and headwork is 1 of the most common and easiest to gain power imo.. and also a unichip or better - an aftermarket management which can be tuned better..

U dont need to fit in a huge cam which greatly alters the powerband.. u can put in a little smaller cam aswell probably a 272..
Wait for the other guys who have more experience with powerbands..

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

This post is in the wrong section by the way..

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving: