Hi thanks for excepting me, i need help with diktator

Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
Sakka
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Hi thanks for excepting me, i need help with diktator

Post by Sakka »

Hi guys what colour wires do i take from the ecu( diktator) to connect to the vvt on my 1.8T 20v vw gti
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Hi thanks for excepting me, i need help with diktator

Post by PapaJo »

You use the "Flaps Output, pin 15" White / Black stripe wire.

Do note that it is not just a simple connect wire and all working fine as easy as that to make VVT working. Unfortunately Dicktator can only activate this from 2000 RPM and higher RPM where the std OEM ecu starts controlling this at 1500 RPM. Dicktator is just an on/off switching option due to the "Flaps Output" used and needs to be set in the Dicktator software for RPM and load conditions. The VVT on VW motors is an on/off solenoid.

Warning::::::: Don't try to keep VVT on throughout the RPM range, as you will most certainly wreck your turbo and possibly some other motor damage too over a prolonged period of time.

VW uses VVT for emission purposes only in the European countries as it helps with lower CO emissions. YES, it can assist with spooling up a larger turbo at low RPM due to the inlet cam being advanced 22 degrees from -4 to +18 degrees and result in earlier and greater cylinder filling, BUT you need to know what you are doing in setting this up. VW OEM ecu uses this for emission control only, as the earlier filling of cylinders gives a better combustion burning cycle.

VVT on VW motors and VVTi on Nissan motors and V-Tec on Honda motors are not the same. Don't get confused and think you will get more performance from your motor by hooking up VVT. Most guys go without connecting up VVT onto Dicktator as the gain margin is so small and hardly noticeable when running a std OEM turbo on these motors. Once again mentioning it, you need to know how to set this up if you want to use it on Dicktator for very marginal gains in the lower RPM range below 3000 RPM. Above that you will start shortening the life of your turbo.
J0NN0
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 »

Hello @Sakka and welcome to the VW Club Forum! :hi:

We all hope that you enjoy your stay here and consider the wonderful opportunity of becoming a VWCSA Member which gets you awesome vwclub merchandise and discount to our events for only R350.

Before you do, please have a look at the Forum Rules.

As well as the rules we have for Private Sales.

If you have any questions pertaining to your vehicle and not to do with Introducing yourself post it in the Technical Discussions section.

Please feel free to join in on the Events, its huge fun, and non-members are also more than welcome to join in on the action. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Now that you have introduced yourself to the forum, have a look at starting a Rides Thread and show us what you cruise the streets with. :driving:

(How to Post a Picture).

We look forward to having you on the forum, and hope to see you grow in the club, by becoming a member, and most of all, making new friends.

Cheers :hug:
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2018 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4x4
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
Krio
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years
Car Make: Vw and honda
Car Model: Mk1 2.0 throtts

Post by Krio »

Hi sorry to jack the post.
My mk1 20.8v crossflow head and itb's doesn't want to idle. It this to do with the dictator or hardware components? Please help...
:geek:
Greenz
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Focus ST

Post by Greenz »

Krio wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm Hi sorry to jack the post.
My mk1 20.8v crossflow head and itb's doesn't want to idle. It this to do with the dictator or hardware components? Please help...
What have you tested so far?
2010 ST225 - 238kw 439nm
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

You will need to synchronize the itb's first by adjusting on the adjustment screw on all 4 to set them all exactly the same, then you can set the idle on the center throttle cam arm for idle.
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 3 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Welcome and enjoy the forum :wink:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Mashele
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw golf mk4 bora 1.8T AGU
Car Model: Mk4 golf 1.8t Agu 20v

Post by Mashele »

Hi guys need help sorry for cutting through the post just installed a diktator on my golf mk4 1.8T AGU 20v need to know where do I tap in my rev count wire everything works fine just don't know where to pick up a rev signal from thanks
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Mashele wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm Hi guys need help sorry for cutting through the post just installed a diktator on my golf mk4 1.8T AGU 20v need to know where do I tap in my rev count wire everything works fine just don't know where to pick up a rev signal from thanks
Pin 4 (blue/grey stripe, wire on ecu plug is wired to the centre wire of the dizzy plug if you have the Velo dash fitted.

If your car has the old style square dash, you need to go to Dicktator and purchase their tacho adaptor module and wire that in as per the supplieddiagram thatcomes with the tacho adaptor module.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

PapaJo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:11 pm
Mashele wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm Hi guys need help sorry for cutting through the post just installed a diktator on my golf mk4 1.8T AGU 20v need to know where do I tap in my rev count wire everything works fine just don't know where to pick up a rev signal from thanks
Pin 4 (blue/grey stripe, wire on ecu plug is wired to the centre wire of the dizzy plug if you have the Velo dash fitted.

If your car has the old style square dash, you need to go to Dicktator and purchase their tacho adaptor module and wire that in as per the supplieddiagram thatcomes with the tacho adaptor module.
Oops!! Just saw now this is installed on Golf mk4. I recall it to be pin 9 on the T10 orange connector. Not 100% sure. Double check this.
Mashele
Enlisted

Post by Mashele »

PapaJo thanks I'll try it tomorrow and give feed back
Mashele
Enlisted

Post by Mashele »

PapaJo a quick 1 where is the T10 orange connector location?