With over 10000 registered users on this BB, many from different cultures and backgrounds, the time has come for some posting rules to be put in place. This is not to constrict the forums in any way but to merely promote a clean, healthy and respectful atmosphere in which people can post without being afraid, benefit from information and enjoy discussing VW's.
The Big Ones: (Disregard of these rules will be grounds for banning)
Do not use profanity;
Do not post to blatantly "Flame" somebody or seek out violent conflict;
Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. This includes illegal racing and anything breaking copyright laws...including Music);
Do not thread bomb or post whore (making useless posts to increase post count);
Do not impersonate anyone else or falsely represent yourself.
Using a secondary account to incite conflict or post unsuitable materials will be grounds for banning of both accounts;
Do not post or link to any pornographic content;
Do not post any topics relating to race, religion, politics that could offend another user or incite needless arguing and fighting on the forum.
Guidelines: (These are here to keep the forum tidy and uncluttered. Not sticking to these may result in threads or posts being deleted)
Don't shout (Caps lock = SHOUTING);
Don't Re post subjects being discussed elsewhere;
Use the Search function (To avoid re posting subjects being discussed elsewhere);
Always try to post in the relevant forum. This not only ensures your thread getting attention but once again keeps the forums tidy;
Don't post the same topic in different forums. Pick one and stick to it;
DON'T HIJACK peoples threads;
STAY ON THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD - Off topic posts will be deleted...We're not kidding.
Guidelines regarding sms text/talk:
Reporting users, posts, topics, etc:Audi Forum wrote:Just to remind people that they are most likely using a computer of some sort to access and post on Audi-Sport.net...so in front of you it's most likely you will see a full QWERTY keyboard. That's the thing with all the keys on, that your fingers prod one at a time!
Since this is a full English language keyboard, you have no excuse for posting 'txt' talk.
If you can't be arsed writing things out, why should any of the other users bother replying?
On a related subject, please try to use basic (heaven knows, it needs to be for some people!) punctuation and grammar.
It helps other users understand what you are asking / talking about.
This is not a lesson in English language, spelling or grammar...but please try your best.
If you want to ‘txt talk’ like a Muppet...there are plenty of 'Cruiser' forums out there that will communicate with you in your chosen sub-language.
Try it here...and you'll be treated like a Chav...so don't be surprised if you receive comments along those lines.
Moderating of any forum is a time consuming job, and as such this forum is equipped with the functionality to report users, to report posts and report topics that you feel have overstepped the line or broken the rules and/or guidelines of using the forum. But please familiarise yourself with the rules and guidelines outlined above before making use of these features...
Any and all complaints, feedback, suggestions, etc relating to the club, website or forum must be raised with a committee member or forum moderator in writing via PM or E-mail. The committee and moderators cannot be expected to look at every post in every topic in every forum, and as such things which may require attention may be missed...
The views expressed here are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.vwclub.co.za or it's members.
Terms and Conditions:
We would like to provide all VW owners with quality content. By using this web site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not stick to the rules the moderators and administrator can at any time remove non-related topics without notifying you or without entering into a debate with you about the content.
1. When you registered for this forum we asked detail like your real name, vehicle particulars and town name. If you did not properly complete those fields during registration please do so after your applications has been approved.It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or moderators determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice.
2. You agree to post only information related to the topic or forum in which you post it.
3. When you reply on a topic to stay on the topic.
4. In the classified section, stick to the for sale rules. Do not place an add not related to the section heading, it will be removed. Especially if you post spam, work from home opportunities, chain letters or any kind of crap, your account will be deleted and your IP blocked.
5. You agree to take full responsibility for all comments you make on this forum. We only provide the medium for you to say your say, we cannot and will not take any responsibility for the comments you make. We encourage freedom of speech and the expression of diverse views. The views of users published on vwclub.co.za are therefore their own and do not represent the views of vwclub.co.za. All posts are monitored by vwclub.co.za’s moderators and grossly derogatory posts will be deleted. The vwclub.co.za moderation team will delete your comment should you post abusive comments, use vulgar language or make discriminatory observations.
6. You agree that you will not post any material which is inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, false, defamatory, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any International or South African law. Please do not post any false, misleading, slanderous, libelous, or inaccurate information about others on this forum. Make sure your facts are accurate.
7. The above also applies to photographs and video’s you place on the forum. You agree not to place any photographs or video’s that depicts you or any other member breaking any laws (drinking and driving, beach driving, speeding, etc) or behaving in a manner that could be used (out of context) to bring the image of the forum and its members in disrepute.
8. Make sure of your facts before you post, especially in the "rants and rave" section of the forum. Whatever you post on the forum is your view and your comments and neither the vwclub.co.za forum, moderators or owner accept any responsibility for the posts made by its members. It is an open forum and the views expressed by its members remain the views of those members.
9. Third party postings are not reviewed for truth or accuracy and do not represent the opinion, beliefs, or statements of the vwclub.co.za web site owner or moderators.
10. Under no circumstances shall vwclub.co.za or any of its moderators or owners be held liable for any damages, whether incidental, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages and including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits arising from or in connection with the use or performance of the information on this server or the Internet generally.
11. You agree not to insult others, especially drivers of other makes of vehicles. We all know that VAG makes the best vehicles, but be nice to other people. If you are nice to them, they might buy a VAG in the future, but if you keep on insulting them, they might not want to be associated with VAG drivers and stick to their OPEL, or whatever, so be nice to others.
12. You agree that you will not create topics or posts which will create friction between members, and you agree that you will not create topics or posts insulting any other forum member.
13. You agree not to post any copyright material. If you do post something that is copyright protected, always mention the source and refer to the source's web site if any.
14. You remain solely responsible for all posts you make. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of this web site. The owner of the site also hold the right to reveal your identity in the event of a formal complaint or criminal investigation.
15. When you register you will have to choose a username and password. Please keep the username relevant to the site. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe for your own protection and never allow somebody else to use your user account nor ever use somebody else's user account.
16. There are a number of moderators on the forum who are there to maintain the high quality of the content and to ensure that this forum remain a pleasure to use by all. These moderators are all professional people with real jobs and they do this in their spare time on a voluntary basis. The moderators are allowed to issue warnings and remove posts which do not abide to the general rules of the forum. If you do not agree with these moderators decision you can take it up with the vwclub.co.za chairman. If a member start to insult the moderators by any means (by phone, sms, emails, forum PMs, Facebook, anything) then that member will be banned from the forum. We are not here to play police and we are not here to spend our time removing unwanted posts by one or two individuals. The moderators also have a great interest in this forum and they also would like to have time to enjoy the forum just as much as all the others.
17. If you choose to delete your forum membership for whatever reason vwclub.co.za holds the right to retain the posts made by you during the time of your active membership.
18. Note that the forum software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache (memory). This cookie information is ONLY used to keep you logged in or out from the forum. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
19. The terms and conditions is subject to change by the administrators as determined by the management committee. It is the responsibility of each member to re-visit the page frequently to stay up to date with the latest terms and conditions.
20. You will not create topics or posts publicly challenging the above rules, or topics or posts rallying support from other members.
21. This forum is not a democracy, the decision of the administrator and moderators is final.