GEROTEK HI-SPEED OVAL - 04 March 2007

Details on upcoming VWCSA events...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
EX-DOHCTOR
Field Marshal
Registered for: 19 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2014 Jetta 6 TDi DSG.
Membership No: 712

Post by EX-DOHCTOR »

This has been discussed on another post... The bump is NO excuse not to run !!!!!!!!!

Me, and alot of other people.... nahh..... I'm not even going to bother... If you don't want to take a run with the bump, your loss
Cool so I'll send you the bill if my car gets damaged because of this bump then... :?
2014 - VW Jetta 6 - 1.6 TDi DSG
2000 - VW Golf 3.5 Cabrio - 2.0
1980 - VW MK1 GT - 1.8 Carb - https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=153861
1971 - Mitsubishi Colt 1100F - https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=220503
MK1 Build Register: https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=192835
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectkirschwasser/

Racing is meant for the RACE track - deal with it...
neighbourhood terror
Colonel
Registered for: 20 years 9 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: 2010 Golf MK6 TSi
Membership No: missing

Post by neighbourhood terror »

That bump is not a problem unless you hit it wrong, or over 220km/h ...
Champion the right to be yourself
Dare to be different and to set your own pattern
Live your own life and follow your own star.
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Furry
Pitzi-NC
Post Whore
Registered for: 17 years 9 months
Membership No: 1078

Post by Pitzi-NC »

Trust me the bump is there and it's ugly, but it doesnt span across the entire track, it's in the middle somewhere. I even have it on tape when i did my first run with a passenger. Second run without a passenger I hit that bump at an indicated 260 and I kakked my self, had to lift off big time and went through the traps at 238. But there is a way around it else people wouldn't be posting 260km/h + trap speeds and be alive at the same time.
Mk1-fan
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Mk1-fan »

You should not be driving in the niddle in any way. The higher you go, the faster you go.

@ Scott: Honestly, you don't have to worry about it. I did a 200 in my wife's FSI, and it was boring. My wife was in the car with me, and even she said it didn't feel fast.
Duck
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: MK7.5 GTD
Membership No: 695

Post by Duck »

well i won't have the Mk1 ready for the day busy with a major reconstruction, but will put the tractor around and see what it can do. Don't it will get to 180kph but i will see. can not wait its the first doing this event.
neighbourhood terror
Colonel

Hey guys benn busy getting all the muck sorted with MSA for the permit ect. So here are the supplementary regulations for the event. please read them and make sure you comply otherwise you can't take part

GEROTEK HIGH SPEED OVAL

SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS

1. Title & Status

The Gerotek high speed oval event is a top speed event to be held at the Gerotek high speed oval facility Pretoria. The event is open to anyone holding a valid Motorsport South Africa (MSA) Restricted Competition Licence (RCL).

2. Jurisdiction

Held under the general competition rules (GCR’s), and standing supplementary regulations (SSR’s) of Motorsport South Africa (MSA), and these supplementary regulations.

3. MSA Permit Number :

4. Date of event : 4th March 2007

5. Promoters and Organisers

The event is promoted by the VW Club of SA and been organised by the committee of the VW Club of SA.
The High Speed track is being sponsored by Freiling racing.
The ambulance and trophies are sponsored by Benoni City VW.

6. Officials

Clerk of the Course : A clerk of the course will be supplied by Gerotek
Secretary of the meeting : Jade Pillay
Chief Scorer : Craig Pillay

7. Place and time of start and finish

Start Venue : Gerotek high speed oval, Pretoria

Documentation and Scrutineering : From 09h00
Drivers briefing : 09h30
1st Car off : 10h00
Finish Venue : Gerotek high speed oval, Pretoria

8. Description of the event

8.1 The event will be a High speed event, with one car on the oval circuit at a time.
8.2 Each competitor shall complete three laps of the circuit, one speed up lap, one flying lap, on which the terminal speed shall be measured and one slow down or in lap.
8.3 Each competitor will get 2 runs with the highest speed counting towards the final results.
8.4 Time permitting competitors will be allowed more runs, which will not count towards the final results.

9. Entries

9.1 Entries open on the morning of the event, there will be a designated entries / documentation desk at the venue
9.2 Entry Fees: R 60 for members of the VW club of SA and R100 for non members of the VW Club of SA
9.3 Entry fees are payable at Documentation in cash.
9.4 The maximum number of entries is 100
9.5 The organisers’ reserve the right to cancel the event should there be less than 40 entries received

10. Documentation and Scrutineering

10.1 Documentation and scrutineering will take place at the start venue from 09h00 to 12h00 (or until maximum entries reached) on 4th March 2007
10.2 Membership Cards incorporating an MSA Restricted Competition Licence will be checked at documentation. Any driver not having the correct documentation will not be allowed to start

11. Scrutineering (Refer to GCR 254)

The following particulars will be checked:
Competition Number(s) will be supplied by the organisers, and will be in the form of a number and class written on the left rear window of the competitor’s vehicle, using white shoe polish.
Advertising decals as supplied by the organisers (if any)
Valid vehicle licence
Condition of tires, only DOT approved street tires (NO SLICKS) will be allowed
Safety Belts a minimum of a 3 point safety belt for the driver and In the event of passengers, a minimum of a 3 point safety belt for each passenger must be fitted.

Please note that each Entrant/Driver will be required to sign an acknowledgement that his/her vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and in their opinion is fit to compete on this event

12. Results

12.1 Provisional Results will be announced at the finish venue as soon as possible after the last car finishes or not later than 16h00
12.2 Should Provisional Results not be available at this time, an announcement will be made as to when they will be available
12.3 Subject to protests, the Provisional Results will become final half an hour after the announcement of the Provisional Results. Refer to GCR 200 (viii)

13. Categories

13.1 Classes will be as follows, and competition numbers will be consecutive from 1 to 100

Over 1800cc = A
Under 1800cc = B
Turbo and or NOS = T
Turbo Diesel = TD
Member (Non VW) = M
Open (Non VW Club member) = O

14. Prizes and Awards

The prize giving will take place at the finish venue immediately following final results, trophies are sponsored by Benoni City VW.
Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, in each class.

15. Medical Facilities / Safety Plan

Medical assistance will be available during the event.

16. Competitors’ attention is drawn to the following:

16.1 Starting Order: The starting order will be determined by the organisers.
16.2 Licences: Each competitor must hold a competition license valid for the event Passengers are allowed, but must lodge an MSA Indemnity with the Entries desk prior to the start of the event
16.3 Protests and Appeals: Parts IX and X of the GCRs of the MSA Handbook refer
16.6 Littering and Excessive Noise: For any substantiated instances of littering and excessive noise (GCR 245) and/or reckless driving by competitors, as determined by the Stewards may result in:
Exclusion from the final results
Report to MSA
Right to refuse entry in future events
16.7 Tyres: The use of slick tyres is prohibited
16.8 Behaviour: The attention of competitors is drawn to GCR 118 – Consumption of Alcohol
16.9 Public Liability Insurance: Only valid whilst competing on the event as per the current MSA policy. In the event of a competitor causing damage to property, the excess will be payable by the entrant. Motorsport South Africa Public Liability Policy: R 10,000,000 (excess R 5 000)

17. Equipment

17.1 Equipment used for measuring speed shall be supplied by the Gerotek high speed testing facility. Only speeds measured by the official equipment, at the demarcated area shall be accepted, no GPS or in car data / speed measuring equipment will be accepted by the scorers.
17.2 Helmets, long pants and closed shoes, must be worn by all competitors and their passengers at all times during the high speed run and while on the oval track. Short sleeve shirts are acceptable, but competitors and passengers wearing shirts without sleeves (vests) will not be allowed onto the track.

18. General Information

18.1 The prize giving function will be open to all involved in the event as well as their guests. It is compulsory for all competitors to attend the prize giving – GCR 280 iii) refers
18.2 Food and drink (non alcoholic) will be available for purchase at the venue.
18.3 VW Club of SA Membership (incorporating an MSA Restricted Competition Licence) will be available for purchase at documentation. Annual membership is R160 for new members and R140 for renewal.
18.4 Directions to Gerotek can be found on the last page.

... I know there isn't a permit number, but hopefully I'll have it before the end of the week :wink:
I have this in word format all typed up nice so once I have the permit Number I can mail the regs to those that want
Mk1-fan
Lieutenant-General

Post by Mk1-fan »

Lekker - can't wait. :D
Robert_GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 65

Post by Robert_GP »

neighbourhood terror wrote:
Over 1800cc = A
Under 1800cc = B
Turbo and or NOS = T
Turbo Diesel = TD
Member (Non VW) = M
Any reason why the Turbo and NOS class was merged? It was always Turbo, Turbo and NOS, 2 classes. :?
There is no way that you have a fair chance at Gerotek against guys that are running Turbo and NOS. It all comes down to the last straight and if you have reserve NOS power you will have the advantage. :(
OK, the Diesels are getting more attention since it is a growing section and now there is a special turbo class just for them, great! I agree that the Turbo Diesels have NO! chance against the other turbo cars so there is a need for one. BUT!
If you are going to create a class don’t do it on account of the other classes.

Robert
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting what a ride!
SinWolf
Lieutenant
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by SinWolf »

Robert_GP wrote:
neighbourhood terror wrote:
Over 1800cc = A
Under 1800cc = B
Turbo and or NOS = T
Turbo Diesel = TD
Member (Non VW) = M
Any reason why the Turbo and NOS class was merged? It was always Turbo, Turbo and NOS, 2 classes. :?
There is no way that you have a fair chance at Gerotek against guys that are running Turbo and NOS. It all comes down to the last straight and if you have reserve NOS power you will have the advantage. :(
OK, the Diesels are getting more attention since it is a growing section and now there is a special turbo class just for them, great! I agree that the Turbo Diesels have NO! chance against the other turbo cars so there is a need for one. BUT!
If you are going to create a class don’t do it on account of the other classes.

Robert

well... There's no class for 1600 either, so now I don't feel so bad for not going...
Current: Mitsubishi Triton 4x4
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: RS3
Membership No: 675

Post by Rabbit222 »

SinWolf wrote:
Over 1800cc = A
Under 1800cc = B
Turbo and or NOS = T
Turbo Diesel = TD
Member (Non VW) = M

well... There's no class for 1600 either, so now I don't feel so bad for not going...
Item in BOLD RED states? Thats your class bru :wink:
SinWolf
Lieutenant
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by SinWolf »

Rabbit222 wrote:
SinWolf wrote:
Over 1800cc = A
Under 1800cc = B
Turbo and or NOS = T
Turbo Diesel = TD
Member (Non VW) = M

Item in BOLD RED states? Thats your class bru :wink:
SH!T, now how did I miss that... SORRY, my BAD !!!!!
Current: Mitsubishi Triton 4x4
RS Babe
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by RS Babe »

So if i buy my VW membership on the day of this event will i get my MSA license and the member price for the event while there so that i can go round the track?
Mk1-fan
Lieutenant-General

Post by Mk1-fan »

RS Babe wrote:So if i buy my VW membership on the day of this event will i get my MSA license and the member price for the event while there so that i can go round the track?
Yes. :wink:
neighbourhood terror
Colonel

Good news guys ... we got the MSA permit so it's now official.
Permit number is 6904
mystic_mark
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by mystic_mark »

Oh I cant wait. It better be a big convoy this year!!!!
rides:
2004 Polo 1.4
K7 Suzuki SV1000S
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Mark - Please PM me your number and we can start organising a convoy :lol:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Life-GP
VWCSA Member
Car Model: Mk1 GTi
Membership No: 186

Post by Life-GP »

Please View the Regulations for Gerotek at this site

http://www.vwclub.co.za/Gerotek/test.htm
Craig Pillay

Audi RS4B8
1983 Mk1 GTi with BBS RS
MK5 GTi Track car
Robert_GP
VWCSA Member
Membership No: 65

Post by Robert_GP »

Just want to make sure, if you are a Club member there is no need to have a valid MSA license. Right?

Robert
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting what a ride!
Mk1-fan
Lieutenant-General

Post by Mk1-fan »

Robert_GP wrote:Just want to make sure, if you are a Club member there is no need to have a valid MSA license. Right?

Robert
That's right.
Iceman??
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Iceman?? »

Hi guys

Ok so max 100 entries right?Do i count as a entry if i just pitch up, and dont want to go around the track?In other words are there only 100 entries for the track itself?

I'm new at this.please bear with me.

Thanx
Michael
Isuzu 280 KB DT 97'

Ex: Yamaha Tzr 250 3Ma(Very fast indeed!)
MkII Gti 1.8 8v (Techno Blue,17'' TSW ribs )
Yamaha YZ250 (2T, Pro circit pipe, Exel rims, Stroker kit - Oh yeah!!)
Yamaha Banshee Black (28mm flatslide carbs, RD350 motor etc etc) The legend!!!!
Honda RVF 400 NC35 (custom sprayjob and some goodies here and there)
Yamaha Banshee, 2007, White, DMC 916 Exhaust system, Spacers, Dual stage reeds etc etc....
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: RS3
Membership No: 675

Post by Rabbit222 »

Iceman?? wrote:Hi guys
In other words are there only 100 entries for the track itself?
Yup thats correct. You as a spectator are most welcome...
Shadow
Cadet
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Shadow »

I CANT WAIT.

This year I'll be coming with:

1x 1.9 Polo TDi (74kw) Previous Gerotech speed = 184km/h
1x G5 GTi (gerotech virgin)

Buddy will bring:
1x 2.0 Golf 5 TDi

I assume I can join the club at this event like I did last year and get my MSA papers then?

See you all there!!
--= VW Polo 1.9 TDi 2005 =--
--= VW Golf 5 GTi 2006 =-- (SOLD)
Jeep Wrangler 2.8 CRD - 460Nm!
Wazzsta
Captain
Registered for: 17 years 7 months
Car Model: 2010 Scirocco 2.0 TSI
Membership No: 1079

Post by Wazzsta »

will Mochachos be there ??
Wazzsta

Current ride: 2010 Scirocco 2.0 TSI Revo Stg 2
Ex ride: 2004 Gti .:R
Life-GP
VWCSA Member
Car Model: Mk1 GTi
Membership No: 186

Post by Life-GP »

Wazzsta wrote:will Mochachos be there ??
Unfortunately, Gerotek has an in-house Caterer which we HAVE to use. I tried using every trick in the book to get Mochachos there, but was not successful. Even threw the Halaal thing at them. They also provide Halaal meals! :cry:

But as always, we made a PLAN! :wink:
Mochachos will be down the road, just outside Gerotek, so those of you who are willing to drive 500m out of Gerotek, can get you Mochachos fix!!
Craig Pillay

Audi RS4B8
1983 Mk1 GTi with BBS RS
MK5 GTi Track car
Wazzsta
Captain
Registered for: 17 years 7 months
Car Model: 2010 Scirocco 2.0 TSI
Membership No: 1079

Post by Wazzsta »

Life-GP wrote:
Wazzsta wrote:will Mochachos be there ??
Unfortunately, Gerotek has an in-house Caterer which we HAVE to use. I tried using every trick in the book to get Mochachos there, but was not successful. Even threw the Halaal thing at them. They also provide Halaal meals! :cry:

But as always, we made a PLAN! :wink:
Mochachos will be down the road, just outside Gerotek, so those of you who are willing to drive 500m out of Gerotek, can get you Mochachos fix!!
thanks , nice one craig , will def visit Mochachos , are we able to bring a coolerbox with our own drinks and food ??
Wazzsta

Current ride: 2010 Scirocco 2.0 TSI Revo Stg 2
Ex ride: 2004 Gti .:R