VWCSA - Dyno day

Details on upcoming VWCSA events...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

VWCSA - Dyno day

Post by DieterMK5 »

Hi everyone! :hi:

We hope everyone is staying safe and sane in these trying times. The new year is now really underway and with the arrival of a new month comes a new event for the Volkswagen Club of South Africa. That's something that we've all been looking forward to and hoping to make happen in the best and safest way possible. With current lockdown regulations limiting our ability to put on the massive events we would like to, we've discussed what we can do while adhering to the law and keeping our members and supporters safe.

With this in mind, we've decided to go ahead with the first performance event of the year: our insanely popular dyno day. Please note that strict COVID protocols will be adhered to. This means that we will expect all attendees to sanitize, wear face coverings in the prescribed manner, and maintain social distancing etiquette. But it's still going to be a great day out, thanks to the support of Insane Racing. Halaal-certified burgers and drinks will be on sale throughout the day, and each participant will get two dyno runs at a cost of R200 for members and R250 for non-members. The festivities start at 10AM, with the day winding down late enough for us to enjoy ourselves fully but early enough for everyone to get home on time. :driving:

As always, we've got the most love for our brethren in their Volkswagens, but we don't judge either. If you're not lucky enough to own a VW, we'd still love to have you there and we wouldn't mind being outshone on the dyno by your Supra, M3, Megane RS, or any other car. :hurray:

Venue: Insane Racing HQ, 4 Hilda Ave, Centurion
Time: From 10:00
Cost: R200 for members/R250 for non-members

A printout of your dyno figures will be provided and we will be posting results in our post-event recap in case you lose your sheet.

We do have space available for advertisers and vendors to showcase their wares at this highly popular event, so drop me a message or an email (advertising@vwclub.co.za) if you'd like to be there and we'll work something out for an affordable and fun-filled day for all. :type:

Lots of laughs, lots of noise, lots of fun. As always, we aim for our events to be family-friendly, so please don't break the law by bringing booze or our hearts by bringing a bad attitude. Tuner politics can stay under full lockdown too, please. With that said, if there's anything you need on the day, our committee is eager to help in any way they can. :hug:

Wanna become a member and get access to discounts and awesome merch? Click https://forms.gle/fM3rXCiUB3tfjQEy6 or sign up on the day and you'll still qualify for the reduced dyno cost plus get your goodie-filled membership pack there and then. :cool:

Now, who's coming, and what are you bringing? Post your pics and mods below - we'd love to know what's in store! :popcorn:
Golf_GTI_TCR107
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 3 years 4 months
Car Model: Golf Mk7.5 GTI TCR

Re: VWCSA - Dyno day

Post by Golf_GTI_TCR107 »

Hey There All

Looking forward to joining you all for the Dyno Day

Stock Golf GTI TCR - Looking to see what we make before i do the mods

Regards
Rae
Sebz
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 9 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 135i E82 N54 ST 6MT
Membership No: 3020

Post by Sebz »

I’ll be there in my E82. Intake, DP, and M Performance exhaust are the only power mods for now but should have a cooler by then too :hi:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Single turbo BMW 135i N54 6MT

Ex's:
Brilliant BMW 135i E82 N55 6MT
Stupidly static THANAS Tuned '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi

Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Sorta slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.6
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute 1.4
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot

It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

I’ll throw on the big girl Jet also, well that’s if I still own her by that time. Iv never dyno’d her whilst Iv owned her so that would be interesting.

Hopefully I don’t suffer that same fate as my Mk4 tdi :troll:

Mods are full exhaust, 96kw turbo, intake and software.
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 10 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: Q5
Membership No: 1964

Post by Mbuzi »

Golf_GTI_TCR107 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:52 pm Hey There All

Looking forward to joining you all for the Dyno Day

Stock Golf GTI TCR - Looking to see what we make before i do the mods

Regards
Rae
:driving: :driving: :driving:
nd_s
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 18 Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1691

Post by nd_s »

4wd?
Sebz
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 9 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 135i E82 N54 ST 6MT
Membership No: 3020

Post by Sebz »

nd_s wrote:4wd?
Unfortunately not. But we can always pull fuse 13 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Single turbo BMW 135i N54 6MT

Ex's:
Brilliant BMW 135i E82 N55 6MT
Stupidly static THANAS Tuned '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi

Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Sorta slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.6
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute 1.4
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot

It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
GT6
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 3 years 3 months
Membership No: 3361

Post by GT6 »

I will bring my G6 K04 GTI and AMG GTR to add some exotica to the event. I kinda know what the G6 will put down, but not sure about the AMG GTR, however it feels strong, so will be interested to see what numbers it puts down.

Most people will not put a supercar on the dyno, but we come from the days of true enthusiasts and not posers. We will not forget our roots, from the days of driving VW chicos, ... and banged up VW's.

We are all fatigued from this lockdown and endless Zoom meetings, so leave your egos and politics at home, and let's make this a cracking event.

I hope the weather will be good, and there will be good numbers attending the event, but nevertheless, I look forward to coming out, and meeting enthusiasts like myself, and also seeing some good cars out there on the dyno.
J0NN0
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 »

GT6 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 pm I will bring my G6 K04 GTI and AMG GTR to add some exotica to the event. I kinda know what the G6 will put down, but not sure about the AMG GTR, however it feels strong, so will be interested to see what numbers it puts down.

Most people will not put a supercar on the dyno, but we come from the days of true enthusiasts and not posers. We will not forget our roots, from the days of driving VW chicos, ... and banged up VW's.

We are all fatigued from this lockdown and endless Zoom meetings, so leave your egos and politics at home, and let's make this a cracking event.

I hope the weather will be good, and there will be good numbers attending the event, but nevertheless, I look forward to coming out, and meeting enthusiasts like myself, and also seeing some good cars out there on the dyno.
Agreed :hurray: lets make this one great!

Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2018 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4x4
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

GT6 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 pm I will bring my G6 K04 GTI and AMG GTR to add some exotica to the event. I kinda know what the G6 will put down, but not sure about the AMG GTR, however it feels strong, so will be interested to see what numbers it puts down.

I love your enthusiasm! :hurray: :driving:
Trishen94
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 5 months
Car Model: Mk5 gti

Post by Trishen94 »

Are spectators /supporters allowed?
Who choose not to dyno their vehicles but just want to watch the event... If YES is there an entry fee for spectators?
Current :2008 S3 8P (panic mechanic +thanas) 227kw /309hp 473nm
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=217296

Ex :2008 mk5 gti ... really miss this car

Previous :too many to list
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

Trishen94 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:40 pm Are spectators /supporters allowed?
Who choose not to dyno their vehicles but just want to watch the event... If YES is there an entry fee for spectators?
You are most welcome to attend, however please note that all covid regulations will apply, including limitation of spectators, should there be overcrowding. Come through to the club gazebo to say hi :hi:

There is NO entry fee, however feel free to grab some merch from us, we have some awesome new merch up for grabs! :cool:
markfish888
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Model: B7A4 -JETTA Mk2
Membership No: 1787

Post by markfish888 »

Thank You!

Will bring my Laaitie for his first Dyno Day...
MK2's dont die, they just get faster!!

mijiz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 8 years 3 months
Car Model: MK7 GTi Clubsport
Membership No: 3367

Post by mijiz »

Hi Guys

Will results be posted here?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2007 Seat Ibiza FR 1.9TDi
"Other Car": 2007 VW Polo Sedan 1.9TDi 6 Speed
Weekend Warrior: 2016 VW Golf MK7 GTi CS

Ex:
2008 VW Golf MK5 GTI

Instgram:
https://www.instagram.com/mijiz/?hl=en
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

VWCSA - Dyno day

Post by DieterMK5 »

Good morning everyone :hi:

As we get into another Monday, we look back at our weekend's festivities at our dyno day in association with Insane Racing HQ out in Centurion.

With the threat of rainy conditions looming, we decided to endure and hope for the best. Fortunately, our fears were unwarranted and we had a great day out with fellow enthusiasts. Considering how many dyno day events popped up following the announcement of ours, our hopes for attendance weren't high. Fortunately, the numbers were fantastic and we had plenty of performance to witness.

As always, Insane Racing helped us have a great day, so special thanks to the team for running another smooth day on our behalf! We also had some advertisers showing their wares to participants and spectators: CosAir, Juice Munki, West Side Customs, and Print Nation. A big shout out to them for supporting the day and offering up some great specials. A special thanks to Juice Munki and Print Nation for the prizes given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on the day.

We got to see everything from an AMG GTR on the dyno, as well as a turbo'd Daihatsu. :crazy: One of our personal favorites was Uvy's white Mk2 Golf :drool: The highest-powered car on the day was naturally a team member from Insane Racing - Ravesh with his white Audi RS3 doing a whopping 502.9 wkw and 783 nm :evil: Being a VAG, we liked this result. The second and third places went to Zane - with his Mk7 R making 421.6 kw and 652 nm - and Trent - with his Mk7 R making 416.5 kw and 639 nm. That made the podium an all-VAG affair, which we think is a win!

Here are all the results recorded on the day:

A big thanks to all that came out to support the VW Club - without you, we'd be nowhere. For those who couldn't make it, we hope to see you at our next event: Puppies in the Park.

Much love,

The Committee.
Uvy
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 20 years
Car Make: VW and Seat
Car Model: MK2 GTi 16V Golf
Membership No: 1740

Post by Uvy »

DieterMK5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 am Good morning everyone :hi:

As we get into another Monday, we look back at our weekend's festivities at our dyno day in association with Insane Racing HQ out in Centurion.

With the threat of rainy conditions looming, we decided to endure and hope for the best. Fortunately, our fears were unwarranted and we had a great day out with fellow enthusiasts. Considering how many dyno day events popped up following the announcement of ours, our hopes for attendance weren't high. Fortunately, the numbers were fantastic and we had plenty of performance to witness.

As always, Insane Racing helped us have a great day, so special thanks to the team for running another smooth day on our behalf! We also had some advertisers showing their wares to participants and spectators: CosAir, Juice Munki, West Side Customs, and Print Nation. A big shout out to them for supporting the day and offering up some great specials. A special thanks to Juice Munki and Print Nation for the prizes given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on the day.

We got to see everything from an AMG GTR on the dyno, as well as a turbo'd Daihatsu. :crazy: One of our personal favorites was Uvy's white Mk2 Golf :drool: The highest-powered car on the day was naturally a team member from Insane Racing - Ravesh with his white Audi RS3 doing a whopping 502.9 wkw and 783 nm :evil: Being a VAG, we liked this result. The second and third places went to Zane - with his Mk7 R making 421.6 kw and 652 nm - and Trent - with his Mk7 R making 416.5 kw and 639 nm. That made the podium an all-VAG affair, which we think is a win!

A big thanks to all that came out to support the VW Club - without you, we'd be nowhere. For those who couldn't make it, we hope to see you at our next event: Puppies in the Park.

Much love,

The Committee.
Thanks buddy.
Was epic day. Well done to comm. was fun to see old friends again after ages.. Comrade themba almost audited me hahahahaha.
Heaven on Earth - VAG for life
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 3 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

It was great to attend my first event in a long time, even just as a spectator and see some old and new faces :grin:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Much love,

The Committee.
Hi. I have some video footage of the event from about 2pm till 6pm. Would it be OK for me to post my YouTube link so that every1 who missed out can watch, or is it not allowed?

DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

Trishen94 wrote:

Much love,

The Committee.
Hi. I have some video footage of the event from about 2pm till 6pm. Would it be OK for me to post my YouTube link so that every1 who missed out can watch, or is it not allowed?
You’re more than welcome to post the link of your video footage.
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

DieterMK5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 pm
Trishen94 wrote:

Much love,

The Committee.
You’re more than welcome to post the link of your video footage.
Thank you . Will be coming up by tomorrow

Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Link to dyno day at insane. Apologies for me arriving late only managed to get footage from about 2pm till 6pm... Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/rx3N5b_bois

Uvy
VWCSA Member

Post by Uvy »

Nice video buddy
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Uvy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:10 amNice video buddy
Hi. Thanks for the compliment... Does the red mk2 turbo belong to u?

Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Trishen94 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:18 am
And the white mk2 vr6?

Uvy
VWCSA Member

Post by Uvy »

Trishen94 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:19 am
Trishen94 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:18 am
And the white mk2 vr6?
yeah buddy.. they are