VWCSA - Endurance karting at VKC ADDITIONAL DAY

Details on upcoming VWCSA events...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
NHB_R
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 10 months
Membership No: missing

Re: VWCSA - Endurance karting at VKC ADDITIONAL DAY

Post by NHB_R »

Hi Dieter

5x Braai Packs for team "Avengers"

Thanks - see you guys Saturday morning.
NHB_R
Captain

Post by NHB_R »

I see the weather forecast predicts rain this weekend in the vaal. Will the event still go ahead as planned if it rains? Personally i would love it if it rained as it makes it that much more interesting (Note light rain)
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Post by DieterMK5 »

Bump.

Today is the last day to let us know if you would like braai packs for either day.
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

For all attendants, for both days, please note the following:

The format for both days will be 15-20 minute sessions per person, running consecutively with pitstops for driver changes. The quicker your driver change, the better for your team's overall performance. We will also have a pitstop once per hour for all teams for a fuel refill.

All drivers are to please dress accordingly by means of long pants and closed shoes. This is non-negotiable. We would prefer all drivers to wear a long sleeve shirt/jacket/hoodie. All ladies, please ensure your hair is tied up underneath your helmet. If you have your own helmet, please do bring it along!

Lastly the dreaded rain... Some of you have asked to continue racing if it rains, and I couldn't agree more, however, this decision will be one myself and the track officials make based on the severity of rain and/or lightning taking into consideration all participants safety. If the conditions become unsafe, we will wait until conditions are adequate, or cancel the day and discuss an alternative date for racing. BUT, a little rain will definitely make for some interesting racing :driving:

Racing is to commence at 8 am both days. We will have a small convoy to VKC should some of you guys want to join.

Place: Sasol Randhart on Michelle Ave just off the R59 - https://goo.gl/maps/gB678Fyh59cH2TDT9
Time: 6:30 am to leave for 7:00 am
Endpoint: VKC - https://g.page/VKARTCLUB?share
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

One kart has opened up for Sunday, if you have a team or want a seat, please pm me.
NHB_R
Captain

Post by NHB_R »

Thanks to all the organisers for the event, Dieter, Mo and guys.
We had a blast and i think everyone else did too!

Only 1 event the whole day when one of the participants blasted through the tyres but seems no injuries. Big ups for carrying on, i think everyone was impressed.
How did the second day play out with the rain?

Our feelings go out to the team in the number 6 kart....that kart proved as quick as a ferrari in the 2020 F1 season.
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

Thank you for that! It seemed like all participants had a great day. We're very pleased that there were no major incidents and that everyone was able to push the limits in a safe enviroment will having a great day out.

Our karting day for the 1st of November has been postponed to the 21st November due to rain. Our primary concern is, and always will be the safety of our participants. There might be some additional karts available for the 21st, but ill confirm that in the coming days.

I will be posting up the results of the karting shortly.
TimeShifter
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Model: 2012 Mk6 GTi

Post by TimeShifter »

Dear comm, thanks for the great event, it was epic! I personally had loads of fun and enjoyed it to the fullest, I'm sure same goes for the other guys that took part!

Out of curiosity, will the drone footage be posted here?

Thanks once again!
2012 VW Golf Mk6 GTi
[color=#0000FF]Chuck Norris[/color] wrote: Wadup TimeShifter! Will you please teach me how to do that round house kick again?
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

Here are the official results for the VKC karting day on Saturday.

Again thanks to everyone who came through and had a great day with us! We can’t wait for the next one, and who knows, maybe even a series for karting next year ....
DieterMK5
Lieutenant

Post by DieterMK5 »

We currently have 3 karts open for our karting event this weekend, Sunday the 6th December.

If you have a team or would like a seat, please dm me so I can arrange it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk