VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Details on upcoming VWCSA events...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
User avatar
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 7429
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Phantom Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846
Contact:

VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Ian_F » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Hello everyone :hi:

XS Promotions have done it again!

Image

https://www.wheels24.co.za/Motorsport/g ... y-20180927

GRiD comes back to SA this December!

One of Motorsport’s most unique competitions – attracting a full grid of elite international drivers is set to hold its world final in South Africa this year. That’s right; Gymkhana GRiD is back, and returning to Carnival City Johannesburg, at the end of the 2018 competition season.


This not only means a one-of a kind racing spectacle will be going live on December 1st, but also, for all except two drivers, there’s a chance for redemption and a second shot at the coveted GRiD podium.

For the series seventh year of tyre slaying, GRiD returns to the vast Carnival City Resort complex, with a faster, and more technical track layout – offering a fresh set of challenges to test man and machine to the absolute edge of their performance.

Last year the Savannah of shred and a Braai of burnouts witnessed reigning FIA World Rallycross Champion Johan Kristoffersson (All-Wheel Drive) and four-time Gymkhana GRiD rear-wheel drive class champion Luke Woodham steal the show in the final battles, leaving the rest of the field in their dust. Now the scene is set for a sequel of epic proportions.


Luke Woodham explains: “It gets harder and harder every year. There are some big names coming over to South Africa, and I want to put up a good fight for the title again. Certainly I never expected to win it two times in a row, let alone three or four times in succession. But by all means I’m coming back in better shape than before – faster, and stronger. There’s a lot of pressure for sure – most of which I put on myself, but mainly I’m just excited now to get there and drive at GRiD again. It’s the part of the race season I work all year towards, it’s on my mind nearly everyday; it’s one of the biggest and best events which I look forward to. It’s so much fun to drive because GRiD is so different from anything else…”


FIA World Rallycross Champion, Johan Kristoffersson, continues: “It’s going to be a little bit different this year – now I know what to expect, and what to focus on to be quick! Gymkhana GRiD is very different to other events, and it’s a great challenge. I’ve raced in a lot of different categories and styles - rally, rallycross, and circuit racing; and Gymkhana is totally unique, as it’s a mix of so many skills. To see all the different drivers come to race with their own cars – which they have built themselves – is really cool to see too. So I’m definitely excited to be heading back to South Africa. I know that my team mate [Petter Solberg] is looking to reclaim the winning trophy too, and he will be pushing 110%, as he always says!”


Some of you may recall last year's spectacular weekend of shredding tires, with XS Promotions and myself.

https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=206806

Well, this time, its with VWCSA! We are taking some of BEST rides to display at GRiD this year!

Before we open this up to our Facebook Page, and various other pages, post up a pic of your ride, and lets make this the best Park Off this year!

Entry for you and your car (if chosen) will be absolutely FREE.
The parking area will be moved to INSIDE the arena, making the Park Off part of the main event!

Date: 1 December 2018
Price: FREE (Valued at over R500)

Some things to note...

Cars will have to parked FRIDAY evening :(
Additional passengers will need to acquire tickets.
For the lazy ones out there, we will offer you an opportunity top post a pic of your ride on FB and Instagram too!

We have space for around 100 vehicles, first options available to all VWCSA Club members and Forum users.

Looking forward to seeing your submissions.

Peace
User avatar
Sebz
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 pm
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A4 2.0T FSI (B7)
Membership No: 3020
Location: Stuck on some speedbump

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Sebz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:39 pm

This is going to be so awesome!
Stupidly static Stage 2 '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi
Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Severely slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot


It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
User avatar
Boost
VWCSA Member
Posts: 1623
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caddy pickup
Membership No: 1921
Location: Woodmere

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Boost » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

:hi:

My car is finally ready. :lol:

Oh yes pic required... :hi:
Image
Last edited by Boost on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current: 2008 VW Caddy R-Line 20V BIG T :driving:
2017 Chev Captiva 2.2d LT daily
Ex:
2000 Vw Citi 1.6i
2013 GW Audi A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI SE S-Tronic (POS)
2006 Volvo S40 T5
2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe
2000 VW Golf 4 GTI (247wKw @ 1.3bar)
2007 Fiat Grande Punto
1994 Fiat Uno Turbo
1994 Fiat Uno Pacer
User avatar
Deranged_9n3
Darth Vader
Posts: 5542
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.9TDI Sportline
Membership No: 1639
Location: Montana Park
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Deranged_9n3 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Image
My Youtube Channel

Tiguan Track & Field 4Motion

20" Rotors l Airlift Performance l 63mm Downpipe and DPF Delete l PD-Tuning Software

Polo TDi RaceCar

GTB2260VZK l 76mm Stainless DP and FF l FMIC + Stainless Boost Pipes l Nitrous l PD-Tuning Software

GTB2260VZK
13.2 1/4mile @ ODI

Image
Loud 'n Low, Rollin' Coal
User avatar
Badenhorst
Cadet
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK3 GTI 8V
Membership No: 1882

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Badenhorst » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Golf 3 gtiImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
G3 R
Enlisted
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by G3 R » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:18 pm



Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Last edited by G3 R on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
G3 R
Enlisted
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by G3 R » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:19 pm

G3 R wrote:I am busy with rear brake convertion to polo TSi rear discs.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brake conversion on 1990 jetta mk2.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
G3 R
Enlisted
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by G3 R » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm

G3 R wrote:
G3 R wrote:I am busy with rear brake convertion to polo TSi rear discs.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brake conversion on 1990 jetta mk2.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Most mechanics say "not posible" I will document it with photos to show how.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

broT
Enlisted
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by broT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Can you gain with free entry with a standard ride? only had my wheels for less than a year so I am hoping to see some mad things and maybe take some stuff away to do in my ride as well.
User avatar
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 7429
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Phantom Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Ian_F » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am

broT wrote:Can you gain with free entry with a standard ride? only had my wheels for less than a year so I am hoping to see some mad things and maybe take some stuff away to do in my ride as well.
Please post a pic of your ride here
User avatar
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 7429
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Phantom Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Ian_F » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am

G3 R wrote:I am busy with rear brake convertion to polo TSi rear discs.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hi. Could you start a rides thread?

This is an event post
User avatar
Dub rox
Cadet
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Dub rox » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Ian_F wrote:Hello everyone :hi:

XS Promotions have done it again!

Image

https://www.wheels24.co.za/Motorsport/g ... y-20180927

GRiD comes back to SA this December!

One of Motorsport’s most unique competitions – attracting a full grid of elite international drivers is set to hold its world final in South Africa this year. That’s right; Gymkhana GRiD is back, and returning to Carnival City Johannesburg, at the end of the 2018 competition season.


This not only means a one-of a kind racing spectacle will be going live on December 1st, but also, for all except two drivers, there’s a chance for redemption and a second shot at the coveted GRiD podium.

For the series seventh year of tyre slaying, GRiD returns to the vast Carnival City Resort complex, with a faster, and more technical track layout – offering a fresh set of challenges to test man and machine to the absolute edge of their performance.

Last year the Savannah of shred and a Braai of burnouts witnessed reigning FIA World Rallycross Champion Johan Kristoffersson (All-Wheel Drive) and four-time Gymkhana GRiD rear-wheel drive class champion Luke Woodham steal the show in the final battles, leaving the rest of the field in their dust. Now the scene is set for a sequel of epic proportions.


Luke Woodham explains: “It gets harder and harder every year. There are some big names coming over to South Africa, and I want to put up a good fight for the title again. Certainly I never expected to win it two times in a row, let alone three or four times in succession. But by all means I’m coming back in better shape than before – faster, and stronger. There’s a lot of pressure for sure – most of which I put on myself, but mainly I’m just excited now to get there and drive at GRiD again. It’s the part of the race season I work all year towards, it’s on my mind nearly everyday; it’s one of the biggest and best events which I look forward to. It’s so much fun to drive because GRiD is so different from anything else…”


FIA World Rallycross Champion, Johan Kristoffersson, continues: “It’s going to be a little bit different this year – now I know what to expect, and what to focus on to be quick! Gymkhana GRiD is very different to other events, and it’s a great challenge. I’ve raced in a lot of different categories and styles - rally, rallycross, and circuit racing; and Gymkhana is totally unique, as it’s a mix of so many skills. To see all the different drivers come to race with their own cars – which they have built themselves – is really cool to see too. So I’m definitely excited to be heading back to South Africa. I know that my team mate [Petter Solberg] is looking to reclaim the winning trophy too, and he will be pushing 110%, as he always says!”


Some of you may recall last year's spectacular weekend of shredding tires, with XS Promotions and myself.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=206806

Well, this time, its with VWCSA! We are taking some of BEST rides to display at GRiD this year!

Before we open this up to our Facebook Page, and various other pages, post up a pic of your ride, and lets make this the best Park Off this year!

Entry for you and your car (if chosen) will be absolutely FREE.
The parking area will be moved to INSIDE the arena, making the Park Off part of the main event!

Date: 1 December 2018
Price: FREE (Valued at over R500)

Some things to note...

Cars will have to parked FRIDAY evening :(
Additional passengers will need to acquire tickets.
For the lazy ones out there, we will offer you an opportunity top post a pic of your ride on FB and Instagram too!

We have space for around 100 vehicles, first options available to all VWCSA Club members and Forum users.

Looking forward to seeing your submissions.

Peace
Hope this won't be like the non official event were only 4 cars pitched?

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
User avatar
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 7429
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Phantom Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Ian_F » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Dub rox wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Hope this won't be like the non official event were only 4 cars pitched?

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk
Nope.

We have around 50 possible entries already.
User avatar
G3 R
Enlisted
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by G3 R » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Ian_F wrote:
G3 R wrote:I am busy with rear brake convertion to polo TSi rear discs.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hi. Could you start a rides thread?

This is an event post
Hi I will start it soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AvesshenG
VWCSA Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 am
Car Make: Vw, Bmw, Merc
Car Model: Vw Mk1 CabrioleEx:POLO 9N3 GTi
Membership No: 3258
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by AvesshenG » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:46 pm

1981 Cabriolet 1.8Kjet... Resto Project Image

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
G3 R
Enlisted
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by G3 R » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Ian_F wrote:
G3 R wrote:I am busy with rear brake convertion to polo TSi rear discs.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hi. Could you start a rides thread?

This is an event post
Delete how do I delete from this post from this section boss Ian_F

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

nd_s
VWCSA Member
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:32 am
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 18 Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1691
Location: Jozi

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by nd_s » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Space for a dirty car
User avatar
Dub rox
Cadet
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Dub rox » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:37 am

Ian_F wrote:
Dub rox wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Hope this won't be like the non official event were only 4 cars pitched?

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk
Nope.

We have around 50 possible entries already.
Could you post some pics for all to see. Might help with motivating the guys to pitch and join the club. Plus its always good to see whats out there. Just my op

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
User avatar
Kirshenp
VWCSA Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm
Car Make: Audi, VW
Car Model: Audi 1.8T, MK2 GTi
Membership No: 3235

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Kirshenp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Mr Ian... Here is my ride (before a potential wheel change and lip)

Can't post the damn pic properly... Link below

Image

https://imgur.com/a/3qFijt2
Current Rides:
2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI - Current http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=183182
1991 VW Golf Mk2 GTi http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=149471

2012 VW Polo Vivo GT - SOLD
2008 VW Polo 9n3 http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=148182 - STOLEN :(

"Boostlife and Eat.Sleep.GTi'"
User avatar
Sebz
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 pm
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A4 2.0T FSI (B7)
Membership No: 3020
Location: Stuck on some speedbump

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Sebz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Kirshenp wrote:Mr Ian... Here is my ride (before a potential wheel change and lip)

Can't post the damn pic properly... Link below

Image

https://imgur.com/a/3qFijt2
What an ugly wheel. I’ll take the set off your hands thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stupidly static Stage 2 '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi
Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Severely slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot


It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
User avatar
Dub rox
Cadet
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Dub rox » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Dub rox wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
Dub rox wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Hope this won't be like the non official event were only 4 cars pitched?

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk
Nope.

We have around 50 possible entries already.
Could you post some pics for all to see. Might help with motivating the guys to pitch and join the club. Plus its always good to see whats out there. Just my op

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk
@ ian f. We love to see cars

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
User avatar
stephmar
Cadet
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:22 pm
Car Make: vw
Car Model: golf mk2
Membership No: 1660
Location: Boksburg
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by stephmar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Ian you know you want to pick this beastImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CURRENT RIDE
2015 VW AMAROK TDI 136KW STOCK

EX RIDE
1985 VW GOLF MK2 STOCK
2005 VW POLO 9n3 1.4
F1-X FF & branch
65.5 @ KAR
1990 VW CITI Golf 1.3
User avatar
DieterMK5
Committee Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015
Location: Johannesburg, Alberton

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by DieterMK5 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Image

Shoddy pic.

But I’d be happy to leave the jet there Image
User avatar
Viper
Goldwagen Delarey
Posts: 4197
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:04 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: GOLF 1 1870cc 8v ethanol
Membership No: 1800
Location: DELAREY ONTDEKKERS
Contact:

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Viper » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 am

DRD Caddy wanna be there so much, it actually tried to qualify but unfortunately no fwd allowed. So now we will try to show it of in the parking area. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
Trump_CitiMK1
Committee Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: CITI
Membership No: 3244
Location: Johannesburg

Re: VWCSA presents My Car Got Shot @ GRiD 2018

Post by Trump_CitiMK1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:08 pm

MmmmImageImage

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Post Reply