VWCSA YEF Campout: 7-8th Dec 2013

Details on upcoming VWCSA events...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
AshG108
Major-General
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Car Make: Hyundai & VW
Car Model: M135i, IX35 CRDi & Polo TDi 6R
Membership No: 1434

Re: VWCSA YEF Campout: 7-8th Dec 2013

Post by AshG108 »

dood786 wrote:
marzbars wrote:lol
Very poor form
adding salt to wounds age old wounds....not cool
Current:
2016 Ice White Hyundai ix35 R2.0 CRDi Elite
2012 Pepper Grey 6R TDi

Gone but never forgotten:
2013 EB M135i F20
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 CDi
2010 Titanium Silver BMW 320d Exclusive E90 LCi
2008 Stratosgrau Stratos Grey BMW 320i Individual E90
04' Moro Blue Audi A3 2.0 FSI
07' Candy White VeloCiti 1.4i
05' Mercato Blue Citi 1.4
91' Smurfy Citi Smurf 1600
vdub caddy
Ian F's special snugglebunny
Registered for: 14 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caddy
Membership No: 1548

Post by vdub caddy »

I attended the last 2 camp outs before this one,

And let me say from someone who has been on the forum for a while and attended many events (this year has been hectic for me and working on weekends doesn't help either) that when it comes around to this event it is always poorly attended.

We maybe have 15 people at max part of the club attending (those are actual members and comm not SOs and friends), and most of them members and maybe 2 or 3 comm members for the past two years that I have attended.

So it was no surprise for me to find this one was even more dismal than all the others that were organized/attended.

Yes this might be a **** time of year for everyone, it is after all a Saturday, not many people work on a Saturday, unless you are in I.T or work in retail (there are other circumstances which you might though). But as a club who according to some posts has the highest number of members can't even get a group of people together for a braai/camp event is dismal let alone there being plenty people in red on this forum who didn't attend.

This just goes to show other members and even non-members that the lack of participation even extends to comm members, so we all have that attitude "Why must I attend these events when the organizers themselves don't even attend".

My 2c.

This is by no means a flame on anyone or a personal attack as people seem to think that is all the internet is about.

I myself am guilty on not attending, because I somehow knew this would once again be poorly attended.
AlexTDi
Field Marshal
Registered for: 12 years 7 months
Car Model: '15 Polo GTI
Membership No: 1724

Post by AlexTDi »

We all agree this was a difficult year although everyone enjoyed every event they attended, If you came to the events like Rock raceway, ODI & the breakfast run to name a few you would of seen how successful this year actually was.

For everyone and not just vdub caddy

The forum mood & members attendance are dampened with all the negativity floating around from Members, Ex-Comm and even Ex-Chairman.
Suggestions and advice would make a big difference as it's in the interest of every single member to see this club prosper.
What happens when there's no more events and no more club?

Well no more money to pay for the forum, Who would like to see that? It's very easy for someone to throw a quick negative comment but to me it show's their cowardliness to stand up, fix it and make a difference.
Alex
VWCSA Member No. 1724

Daily: '06 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE
Race Car: Polo Vivo GT

EX:
Daily:
'15 6C Polo GTI DSG
'06 1.9 TDI Sportline
'06 BMW 320D M-Sport
Weekend Toy: '84 Golf MK 1 GT
Race Car: Golf MK1 2 Door

https://www.facebook.com/AMRacing89
Boost
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Model: Caddy pickup
Membership No: 1921

Post by Boost »

1.9TurboVw wrote:We all agree this was a difficult year although everyone enjoyed every event they attended, If you came to the events like Rock raceway, ODI & the breakfast run to name a few you would of seen how successful this year actually was.

The forum mood & members attendance are dampened with all the negativity floating around from Members, Ex-Comm and even Ex-Chairman.
Suggestions and advice would make a big difference as it's in the interest of every single member to see this club prosper.

Well no more money to pay for the forum, Who would like to see that? It's very easy for someone to throw a quick negative comment but to me it show's their cowardliness to stand up, fix it and make a difference.
I agree 100% Im probably still the newest VW Club member and I definatly want to see the best you guys have to offer.
Although I had a shitty start I want us all to make this club awesome
Current: 2008 VW Caddy R-Line 20V BIG T :driving:
2009 CW 9n3 Polo Gti
2012 Holden Captiva 2.2d LX
Ex:
2011 Holden Cruze Equipe
2010 Great Wall V240 Ute
2017 Chev Captiva 2.2d LT daily
2000 Vw Citi 1.6i
2013 GW Audi A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI SE S-Tronic (POS)
2006 Volvo S40 T5
2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe
2000 VW Golf 4 GTI (247wKw @ 1.3bar)
2007 Fiat Grande Punto
1994 Fiat Uno Turbo
1994 Fiat Uno Pacer
AshG108
Major-General

Post by AshG108 »

1.9TurboVw wrote:We all agree this was a difficult year although everyone enjoyed every event they attended, If you came to the events like Rock raceway, ODI & the breakfast run to name a few you would of seen how successful this year actually was.

Alex my bud, tough year aside...negativity aside...right....

lets look at things more closely...simple question I think is...why? Think we need to understand the root cause and underlying issues that lead to all of bad outcomes like for instance:

1. Why is their poor attendance (besides negativity from people), this is a club with adults in it, the negativity is SO bad that people get affected by it and stray from the events, so then...we need to find out WHY is there that negativity and from who...and cut them at the knees.
2. Why do we have such issues and entertain such bull from everyone, not just members..non-members, mods...comm etc et, whatever you are, if you are being a spade, you should be called a spade. Favouritism of people in the club(those that get away with murder) and then the others get disciplined and that clashes and obviously people will get annoyed and leave...food for thought(happens enough).
3. This years AGM was poorly attended...anyone ever asked the question of why to the members? Tried to find out why people do not bother to attend?
4. 2014 committee, gents are taking on more than 1 role: Grant & Rion...due to not many people wanting to be on committee, understood commitments etc....take my hat of to the guys for this, but this also shows something is going wrong.

this is a few above of questions that I think can be asked and maybe some constructive feedback can be had from some peeps...now i know for one, I will get some smart a55 comments about this post...probably to tell me I am being dull, blind or not seeing the obvious...well that's one of the other problems...if everything was so obvious, we wouldn't be seeing this decline in very important happenings in this club, correct?
As much as people can be enthusiastic to change and do well for the new year etc...its going to be difficult with the current situation...the club is not in a good space if compared to previous years...and it can only get worse or better...but it will be hard work either way....with hard work to get it better and hard work to keep it afloat with a bad situation.

But starting from the roots, with the obvious (but not so obvious like i said above) is a good point to begin. Maybe look at trying to get some info from the members in anonymous surveys or something? Something along those lines to find the problems...

and definitely, FOR SURE, the negativity from previous comm, chairman, members, non-members etc etc is all BALLS!!! IMHO, they want to behave in such a manner, then cool...but to the detriment of the club...then they can get banned if needed.
Current:
2012 Pepper Grey 6R TDi

2013 EB M135i F20
Dougi
Broekn Neuws Reportr
Registered for: 13 years 4 months
Car Model: Seat Ibiza Cupra, TDI
Membership No: 1662

Post by Dougi »

dood786 wrote:
marzbars wrote:lol
Very poor form
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..... :fear:
Current:
2008 Seat Ibiza Cupra(Soot Monster)

Ex:
2007 Polo 9n3 Tdi
EURO Polo Playa 1.8i
Opel Corsa GSI
Opel Corsa 130 / GSI Super Boss driven
Toyota Conquest 180 RSI
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla Quest 1.6
Membership No: 1881

Post by Psycho8v »

Dearest finest sir Ash

I fully agree with you. We need some positive attitudes in the club again. That will spread out to the forum again, and this will start feeling like a huge family again. I am guilty of not attending some events, I know, but I've been a lot more active this year than previous years. But that'll change next year.

With regards to the AGM, that is one meeting/event I cannot get to, unless it's really quiet at work and I can get away a few hours early. With it being that time of the year, everything goes into hyper mode and we need to work twice as hard to catch our suppliers which shut down over Dec/Jan. So things are tough, but again, I know it's only excuses. I'll try harder to be at the next one. :hug:

That being said, I know Grant (the one and only knob jockey) nominated me for comm, I declined. I felt so crap going into that thread and seeing such a low turnout and nominations at the AGM. I really want to say sorry to each and every comm member. I declined for the main reason that I feel I haven't been part of events for nearly long enough, and didn't want to feel like I'm letting the club down. Grant (G-spot) kakked me out, and thanks for that. It seems like I was really full of nonsense, and for that I am sorry as well. Come January I'm helping you comm okes at events, it's time that I give something back to this wonderful club. And as such I'll bust my nuts to be at every event :hug:
De@n
General
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Car Model: MKV .:R32
Membership No: 1227

Post by De@n »

Wow,
this is sad.
Event planning needs be seen through by the event co-rodinator and assistant, thats their "job". If they themselves can't be there for majority of the event for whatever reasons then the comm member needs to reassess priorities and may step down.
Also this event is not a good option for the month of December. People are on leave or have Christmas to worry about.
No event for Decemebr besides a simple meet and greet I reckon.

By the way, I hope Donald gets his FULL points for attendign the event, actually times it by two since no one else showed up.

Sorry about that Donald.
Current Ride:
MKV Golf .:R32
Project :83' MK GTI aka "The Phantom"

Ex Rides:
BMW 130i
MK VI GTI DSG
Boost
Lieutenant

Post by Boost »

De@n wrote:Wow,
this is sad.
Event planning needs be seen through by the event co-rodinator and assistant, thats their "job". If they themselves can't be there for majority of the event for whatever reasons then the comm member needs to reassess priorities and may step down.
Also this event is not a good option for the month of December. People are on leave or have Christmas to worry about.

By the way, I hope Donald gets his FULL points for attendign the event, actually times it by two since no one else showed up.

Sorry about that Donald.

I was there too. :sad:
2009 CW 9n3 Polo Gti
Ex:
2011 Holden Cruze Equipe
2010 Great Wall V240 Ute
2000 Vw Citi 1.6i
2006 Volvo S40 T5
2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe
2007 Fiat Grande Punto
1994 Fiat Uno Turbo
1994 Fiat Uno Pacer
De@n
General
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Car Model: MKV .:R32
Membership No: 1227

Post by De@n »

Rabbit_Pickup wrote:
De@n wrote:Wow,
this is sad.

Sorry about that Donald.
Points for you too!! :wink: :lol:

I was there too. :sad:
Current Ride:
MKV Golf .:R32
Project :83' MK GTI aka "The Phantom"

Ex Rides:
BMW 130i
MK VI GTI DSG
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v »

Rabbit_Pickup wrote:I was there too. :sad:
Unfortunately you chose a pretty quiet event for your first event. As a fellow member I am really sorry that it turned out the way it did. Please don't judge the events on this experience alone. Please come and join us next year at the events. It'll be worth while. :hug:
Boost
Lieutenant

Post by Boost »

Psycho1400 wrote:
Unfortunately you chose a pretty quiet event for your first event. As a fellow member I am really sorry that it turned out the way it did. Please don't judge the events on this experience alone. Please come and join us next year at the events. It'll be worth while. :hug:
:hug: Thanks bud. Yeah Gremlin convinced me to forgive and forget. I will be there next year.
2009 CW 9n3 Polo Gti
Ex:
2011 Holden Cruze Equipe
2010 Great Wall V240 Ute
2000 Vw Citi 1.6i
2006 Volvo S40 T5
2004 Nissan 350Z Coupe
2007 Fiat Grande Punto
1994 Fiat Uno Turbo
1994 Fiat Uno Pacer
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v »

Rabbit_Pickup wrote:
Psycho1400 wrote:
:hug: Thanks bud. Yeah Gremlin convinced me to forgive and forget. I will be there next year.
You sir, deserve a bells. :hurray: And Grems deserves something stronger :grin:
AshG108
Major-General

Post by AshG108 »

Psycho1400 wrote:Dearest finest sir Ash

I fully agree with you. We need some positive attitudes in the club again. That will spread out to the forum again, and this will start feeling like a huge family again. I am guilty of not attending some events, I know, but I've been a lot more active this year than previous years. But that'll change next year.

With regards to the AGM, that is one meeting/event I cannot get to, unless it's really quiet at work and I can get away a few hours early. With it being that time of the year, everything goes into hyper mode and we need to work twice as hard to catch our suppliers which shut down over Dec/Jan. So things are tough, but again, I know it's only excuses. I'll try harder to be at the next one. :hug:

That being said, I know Grant (the one and only knob jockey) nominated me for comm, I declined. I felt so crap going into that thread and seeing such a low turnout and nominations at the AGM. I really want to say sorry to each and every comm member. I declined for the main reason that I feel I haven't been part of events for nearly long enough, and didn't want to feel like I'm letting the club down. Grant (G-spot) kakked me out, and thanks for that. It seems like I was really full of nonsense, and for that I am sorry as well. Come January I'm helping you comm okes at events, it's time that I give something back to this wonderful club. And as such I'll bust my nuts to be at every event :hug:
kakked you out for what???
Current:
2012 Pepper Grey 6R TDi

2013 EB M135i F20
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v »

AshG108 wrote:kakked you out for what???
For declining the comm nomination :(

But we kissed and made up afterwards :fear:

Coming to think of it, he should've sommer given me a high five. In the face. With a chair. :bang:
Last edited by Psycho8v on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AshG108
Major-General

Post by AshG108 »

Psycho1400 wrote:
AshG108 wrote:kakked you out for what???
For declining the comm nomination :(

But we kissed and made up afterwards :fear:
TMI :puke:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Current:
2012 Pepper Grey 6R TDi

2013 EB M135i F20
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v »

AshG108 wrote:TMI :puke:

Sorry Ash. No man should taste his breakfast for a second time in one morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dazza
Field Marshal
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Make: VW and VW
Car Model: Amarok and Citi Sport
Membership No: 1327

Post by dazza »

That first years campout was amazing...we had the numbers and we had an amazing time.

For years however you would always see the same guys at every event and that made a big difference because you had decent attendance at every event as a result. Now alot of guys have simply gotten busy with other things it seems.
Darryn Van Rooyen
Current: 17 Amarok V6 D/C 4Motion H/L Auto
Current: 1987 Citi Sport 1.6
Current: 91 Citi Sport 1.3
Current: 05 Kawasaki 200KDX, 16 KTM 300 EXC
Previous:
14 Amarok BITDI D/C 4Motion H/L Auto
12' MKVI GTI Manual
2009 Audi TT 2.0TFSI S-Tronic
2008 Honda CBX250 Twister - Crashed!
2011 Amarok BiTDI D/C Highline 4Motion
08 RS MKV GTI DSG
09 ZG Ibiza Cupra TDI
06 CW Sportline
01 Citi 1.4i
01 Yamaha YZ125
99 Toyota Tazz
94 Fox 1.8 Sport
AshG108
Major-General

Post by AshG108 »

Psycho1400 wrote:

Sorry Ash. No man should taste his breakfast for a second time in one morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Especially when it is a Sausage McMuffin...gee whiz!
Current:
2012 Pepper Grey 6R TDi

2013 EB M135i F20
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v »

AshG108 wrote:
Psycho1400 wrote:

Especially when it is a Sausage McMuffin...gee whiz!
At least it wasn't corn flakes with sour milk... :razz:
AshG108
Major-General

Post by AshG108 »

...DEAD....:lol:
Current:
2012 Pepper Grey 6R TDi

2013 EB M135i F20
EX-DOHCTOR
Field Marshal
Registered for: 19 years 4 months
Car Model: 2014 Jetta 6 TDi DSG.
Membership No: 712

Post by EX-DOHCTOR »

dazza wrote:That first years campout was amazing...we had the numbers and we had an amazing time.

For years however you would always see the same guys at every event and that made a big difference because you had decent attendance at every event as a result. Now alot of guys have simply gotten busy with other things it seems.
That first camp out I attended was really a lot of fun. I remember setting fire to the big ass palm frond while Roadhawg was jamming on that busted up guitar by the fire. The Obies, Rion with the huge bottle of **** Obies! My god! :eek:

The coldest freaking night of the year too. FnF and I stopped at a Cape Union mate in fourways to buy gloves and beanies.
2014 - VW Jetta 6 - 1.6 TDi DSG
2000 - VW Golf 3.5 Cabrio - 2.0
1980 - VW MK1 GT - 1.8 Carb - https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=153861
1971 - Mitsubishi Colt 1100F - https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=220503
MK1 Build Register: https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=192835
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectkirschwasser/

Racing is meant for the RACE track - deal with it...
Jetta16v
Committee Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Car Make: BMW/SEAT/VW
Car Model: E39/Altea/Jetta
Membership No: 1139

Post by Jetta16v »

EX-DOHCTOR wrote:
dazza wrote:That first years campout was amazing...we had the numbers and we had an amazing time.

That first camp out I attended was really a lot of fun. I remember setting fire to the big ass palm frond while Roadhawg was jamming on that busted up guitar by the fire. The Obies, Rion with the huge bottle of f**king Obies! My god! :eek:

The coldest freaking night of the year too. FnF and I stopped at a Cape Union mate in fourways to buy gloves and beanies.
That night was epic...as far as i remember :puke:
Current
BMW E39 523i
Seat Altea 2L TDI
Jetta2 CLX 1.8
BMW GS1150 Scrambler

Past
86' Merc W123 230E |03’ Audi 1.9TDi V2.0 |94’ Jeep GC 5.2 V8 LHD |86' Corolla Wagon 16v |10' BMW 320D |03' Jetta 1.8T Exec |01' & 02' VW Golf 4 Estate V1,V2&V3 |82' VW Caddy 2E |13' Golf 7 1.4 TSi 10' Audi A4 B8 1.8T |03’ Audi 1.9TDI Avant |89’ Jetta2 2l 16v
marzbars
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Car Model: 1988 Corrado 16V
Membership No: 1316

Post by marzbars »

I still have the video on my phone with the security guard who molested Puni in the tent and then started dancing with his 9mm
Scatman
General
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 320d Msport
Membership No: 1773

Post by Scatman »

marzbars wrote:I still have the video on my phone with the security guard who molested Puni in the tent and then started dancing with his 9mm
Puni was pissed because I was sitting on his face :lol:
Current:
2008 BMW 320d Msport Auto
Ex:
2006 Audi A3 2.0T
2006 BMW E90 330d Manual
*Click here*
2006 Sportline
*Click here*
Mk4 Jetta TDI - 79wKw, 256Nm atw @KAR
*Click here*
Margaret - '75 Audi 80 Restoration Project