Polo vivo 1.4 55kw spec

Josh74
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Re: Polo vivo 1.4 55kw spec

Post by Josh74 »

Alister varden wrote:Howzit guys my vivo did a 74.4 kW (1st)
Work : induction only
Venue : ae performance Image

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk
Msg for everyone. I have a 2012 polo vivo 1.4 16v 55kw version. That's the one with the CLPB ecu, the CLPA ecu is the 63kw version. I did a full exhaust system with a performance branch that I further flowed because of factory imperfections. I then kept the stock box but removed all restrictions, being all the fins inside and unnecessary channels in the lid. Then replaced the intake pipe to the grill, with an aluminum pipe with a fitting I fabricated to fit the original grill mount. I then installed a K&N flat pan air filter inside the airbox. I got 90kw and 165nm on the dyno without software. Yet to see the potential with software.
One thing I can say is that these Polo's are definitely not experimented with enough. I truly believe they are the next generation of "Citi golfs"

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Greenz
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Focus ST

Post by Greenz »

Post your dyno sheet please
2010 ST225 - 238kw 439nm
mk2-phreak
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by mk2-phreak »

Man, this makes me miss the 8v Vs 16v fights back in the day, or the 160kw ABFs with intake and zorst one hit wonder threads
Josh74
Enlisted

Post by Josh74 »

Greenz wrote:Post your dyno sheet please
With no tune. I'm waiting for them to create my custom tune then ill post the dyno sheet for that afterImage

Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

That is most likely THE most happy and hilarious dyno on the planet.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Josh74
Enlisted

Post by Josh74 »

Jetta2 wrote:That is most likely THE most happy and hilarious dyno on the planet.
I thought the same but then I looked at a few of his previous dyno's and I looked at a hilux he did and stock it showed 129kw which stock its supposed to make 130kw. And another thing is I've pulled a 2021 1l polo tsi on the highway and he only caught up on the uphill coz he was more torque. But overall I should've dyno'd my car before the upgrades then I would've had a better reference.

The Hilarious part you're referring to is probably the lack of spelling on the sheetImage (tunning instead of tuning)

missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Josh74 wrote:
With no tune. I'm waiting for them to create my custom tune then ill post the dyno sheet for that afterImage

Look at the top corner of the Dyno sheet. It looks like the car was run in third gear. Not sure why, but the top speed of 106kph doesn't smell right.

I'm no Dyno expert, but wouldn't running it in 4th give more accurate results?

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Josh74
Enlisted

Post by Josh74 »

missioner wrote:
Josh74 wrote:

Look at the top corner of the Dyno sheet. It looks like the car was run in third gear. Not sure why, but the top speed of 106kph doesn't smell right.

I'm no Dyno expert, but wouldn't running it in 4th give more accurate results?

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk
You are correct because the power curve spreads over a wider rpm range so it's easier to study. I did ask them to do a 4th gear run as well because then its a 1:1 ratio, here's the resultsImage

mk2-phreak
Captain

Post by mk2-phreak »

Jetta2 wrote:That is most likely THE most happy and hilarious dyno on the planet.
90kw 1.4s. why did anyone bother building 2.0s ImageImageImageImageImage
Josh74
Enlisted

Post by Josh74 »

mk2-phreak wrote:
More potential Image

mk2-phreak
Captain

Post by mk2-phreak »

Josh74 wrote:
mk2-phreak wrote:
More potential Image

Hey, if you want to live in Dreamland, that's your prerogative. The rest of us are just going to sit and laugh. Good luck with racing Polo TSIs though
Josh74
Enlisted

Post by Josh74 »

mk2-phreak wrote:
Josh74 wrote:
mk2-phreak wrote:
More potential Image

Hey, if you want to live in Dreamland, that's your prerogative. The rest of us are just going to sit and laugh. Good luck with racing Polo TSIs though
Imageey I'm just working with what I have and seeing what potential there is for these polo's. Not tryna brag or anything. Personally I'd say if it showed as 70 to 75kw It'd be more believable. I'm definitely going to try some other dyno's to get a more accurate figure.

HendrikCTI
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by HendrikCTI »

May I suggest the following:
Find a similar polo and get it on the same dyno. Stock will be fine. To try and compare the cars.
Then maybe a top end run against a similar polo to see the acceleration and speeds you both get.
If illegal suggestions are not allowed, scrap my last request and maybe do a run up to 120km/h
My cars: 2004 Nissan Almera 1.6
1977 Datsun 1200GX
(100% FULLY restored, 13" mags fitted)
Wife's car: 2019 Suzuki Ciaz
Josh74
Enlisted

Post by Josh74 »

HendrikCTI wrote:May I suggest the following:
Find a similar polo and get it on the same dyno. Stock will be fine. To try and compare the cars.
Then maybe a top end run against a similar polo to see the acceleration and speeds you both get.
If illegal suggestions are not allowed, scrap my last request and maybe do a run up to 120km/h
Thanks ya I was thinking of doing that because my dads work partners wife has exactly the same polo just the 3 door where myne is the 2 door but they both the 55kw models. I'll let you know if I manage to convince them to allow me to test it on the dynoImageImage