Enlisted
Registered for: 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: T5 Kombi 2010

Timing Belt 2010 VW Kombi 2.0L

Post by Ahmed Ebrahim »

Hi There,

Please need some advice...
Last week i filled diesel at the garage, when i tried starting, kombi not swinging and not starting at all. Engine light was flashing. Called Mechanic, he did diagnostics and said cam belt issue. We had kombie towed. Mechanic called the next week and said valves were bent. We had valves, lifters, cam belt, water pump replaced. Collected the Kombi on Saturday after mechanic test drove it. I left the mechanics premises, not even 1km, same problem, kombi stalled, engine light flashing, same problem, cam belt issue. Mechanic said when he drove the Kombi there was no issue. What he thinks is when i drove with aircon on, it somehow affected the cam belt. He took the kombi in for the second time and he re did the engine, this time he bypassed aircon compressor using a shorter belt, it seems to be fine. Any experience mechanics can please shed some light on this complicated issue.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Timing Belt 2010 VW Kombi 2.0L

Post by Ashveer03 »

That just doesn't make sense. Take it to another workshop for a diagnosis on the AC compressor.

Did u pay for the second overhaul again?

The only way the AC compressor would affect the timing belt is if the serpentine belt snaps, gets into the timing belt cover and jams the timing belt, which is very unlikely to happen if all the covers are in its place. Other than that, the AC has nothing to do with the engine or timing belt.

Secondly, why wasn't the AC compressor problem diagnosed and corrected the first time?

Thirdly, diagnostics is not going to give u a cam-crank correlation error if the engine did not turn.

Sent from my CPH2371 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Ahmed Ebrahim
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 month
Car Model: T5 Kombi 2010

Re: Timing Belt 2010 VW Kombi 2.0L

Post by Ahmed Ebrahim »

Hi Ashveer,

Thank you for the response and feedback.
I didn't pay for the second overhaul.
Will check the serpentine belt also.