2006 Caddy 1.9TDI BJB Engine

Frikhenning
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 months

2006 Caddy 1.9TDI BJB Engine

Post by Frikhenning »

I bought this vehicle last year. It has few problems though and I seem to get the run around.

The main issues are as follows:
The head was redone by Genmo in Brakpan, Garret overhauled turbo, new rings and big end bearings and much more.
I still have sump compression and I think is part of the cause the vehicle uses a lot of oil (approx 750ml/1000km)
The Cam sensor has been programmed out of the system, therefore the timing cannot be set correctly. (The computer still recognizes that the cam sensor has no signal)
While in boost the vehicle performs well, but from pull away it is very sluggish and below turbo it doesn't have any go.
Can someone please give me some advise, there are still other problems, but the above is my main concerns at the moment.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: 2006 Caddy 1.9TDI BJB Engine

Post by Ashveer03 »

Trying to get the vehicle to run properly without a cam sensor is not a very good idea.

The injectors are fine tuned via the cam signal. No cam signal = improper fueling.

I don't think it's quite possible to completely delete the sensors operation, whoever just probably deleted the cam sensor fault code.

U might as well get that working before trying to fault find anything else. Also note that the bjb(edc16) cam pulley and sensor is different from other 1.9tdis (edc15)

Regarding sump compression, do a dry compression test and post the results. How much pressure is in the sump? Loosen the oil cap with the engine on, if it dances in it's position it's somewhat normal, if the cap is blown out then it's excessive.

U should have just swapped in an import motor instead of spending all that cash.

Sent from my CPH2371 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving: