Polo Vivo coil spring worn

Cheeky Dragon
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Polo Vivo coil spring worn

Post by Cheeky Dragon »

Good day. I am new to the group. I greet you all.
I have a Polo Vivo Blueline (1400)2015. Took it in for a service on 24000 kilometers (3years)
I was told that the engine mounting/s and gearbox mounting needs to be replaced. As well as the front coil springs.
Could this be possible?
My Golf 3 has 150 000 on the clock and I have not had to change the coil springs or engine mounting.
Had to do the gearbox "linkage".
Any info on this please.
thank you
Wolfburger
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 6C Cross Polo

Re: Polo Vivo coil spring worn

Post by Wolfburger »

wow sounds like your dealer is turning leach on you

to this day i have never heard of a coil spring being worn at that again
Current: 2015 6C Cross Polo TSI(Honey Orange) - Ginger
2009 Golf 5 GTI DSG - OEM Look - Sold
2007 Polo 9N3 Black Magic - Sold
1998 Bottle Green Jetta VR6 Executive - So
ld
Admin to : https://www.facebook.com/pg/ScenePointsSa
Cheeky Dragon
Enlisted

Post by Cheeky Dragon »

I agree with you. The audio meter shows 24000 Km and they stamped it in the book as 31000 km (service). Also not right. I just don't get what they are doing. But the coil spring is another matter. I asked them and they said it is "slightly" worn because of the engine mounting that is "faulty". Just do not understand their logic. But I have a VW guy coming out to me tonight to check what is going on. Still good guys out there. VW ones.
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

Audio meter?

Surely odometer....
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Cheeky Dragon
Enlisted

Post by Cheeky Dragon »

hehehehehee, yes, hehehehe, Odometer. Oh,man, what a laugh. Never saw that mistake. Lekker man. At least I got a giggle about the "audio meter" after what I was quoted to replace the two mountings.
smitbrandon
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by smitbrandon »

Cheeky Dragon wrote:hehehehehee, yes, hehehehe, Odometer. Oh,man, what a laugh. Never saw that mistake. Lekker man. At least I got a giggle about the "audio meter" after what I was quoted to replace the two mountings.
Well bud if you are looking for front coil springs let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheeky Dragon
Enlisted

Post by Cheeky Dragon »

Thank you. Seems I am good with coil springs. Took the car to another dealer for a second opinion. The "verdict" was shocking. Nothing wrong with the gearbox mounting. Nothing wrong with shocks or coil springs. The left side engine mounting has a slight play on it and it was suggested I have it replaced. The other fault was the lower control arm bushes (rear) has a tear in it. He said that I should first make sure of the warrantee and if they cover these items, then they would have to do it. If he goes ahead all warrantee will "expire". Even the wiper blades that I was charged R1055 for was R300 at this guy's place. Luckily I did not purchase it from the dealership. Like Wolfburger said "wow sounds like your dealer is turning leach on you". Thank you all. Appreciate your input.
smitbrandon
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by smitbrandon »

Cheeky Dragon wrote:Thank you. Seems I am good with coil springs. Took the car to another dealer for a second opinion. The "verdict" was shocking. Nothing wrong with the gearbox mounting. Nothing wrong with shocks or coil springs. The left side engine mounting has a slight play on it and it was suggested I have it replaced. The other fault was the lower control arm bushes (rear) has a tear in it. He said that I should first make sure of the warrantee and if they cover these items, then they would have to do it. If he goes ahead all warrantee will "expire". Even the wiper blades that I was charged R1055 for was R300 at this guy's place. Luckily I did not purchase it from the dealership. Like Wolfburger said "wow sounds like your dealer is turning leach on you". Thank you all. Appreciate your input.
Glad you came right. Need any clarification, then please ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheeky Dragon
Enlisted

Post by Cheeky Dragon »

I bought the car in Feb 2015 brand new. Had only 7km on the clock. I contacted another dealer and he said that the VIN no shows it's a 2014 car and was registered in Oct of 2014. Not to sure what he meant as I was the first owner, so register should have been in Feb 2015. Never the less, that is where there is a problem as the 3 year warrantee has expired in Oct 2017. So I was "robbed" of 3 months, otherwise VW would have fixed it because these faults is part of the warrantee. But no problem, as this VW dealer will never ever see me again. Bunch of crooks. Got my eye set on the new Polo.Like I said, not at this dealer.
thank you all for your support, it is appreciated.
markfish888
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Model: B7A4 -JETTA Mk2
Membership No: 1787

Post by markfish888 »

Name and shame the dealer.

Problem is they get away with it in SA. Get both quotes on paper, email to to VWSA HQ.
Very Unethical Bussines Practice.
MK2's dont die, they just get faster!!

missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

markfish888 wrote:Name and shame the dealer.

Problem is they get away with it in SA. Get both quotes on paper, email to to VWSA HQ.
Very Unethical Bussines Practice.
Not only that. Add in your invoice from when you purchased the vehicle and ask for a goodwill claim, because as far as you are concerned the vehicle is still inside its 3 year warranty period.

On a side note it's nearly impossible for a new vehicle to only have 7km on it at purchase date. It should have around 30km on it due to being tested at the factory and being driven to and from transport depots.

I think your old dealer is crooked. Report them to VWSA. What they did is not right.

P.S. I used to work for a GM dealer that had dodgy mechanics working there. One had a thriving workshop at his house and how he sourced his parts was to "claim" from warrantied cars at work, then take those "free" parts home and charge his private customers for them.

Not saying that this is the case with you, but it does sound similar.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+