Price Differences between GW stores

Goldwagen was founded as a result of there being a demand in the market for the need for an alternative supplier of quality parts at affordable prices, as well as the market looking for an alternative choice of products.
WeirdSteam
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI

Price Differences between GW stores

Post by WeirdSteam »

Hi

Why does GW Klerksdorp Quote me a R1200 for a Gasket Set for an 2.0 8v and GW Delarey quote me R760 for the same set? is there no standard in Pricing between Goldwagen stores ?
chucker02
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Model: Citi ADY

Re: Price Differences between GW stores

Post by chucker02 »

Even bloem GW asks about double what GW Delarey does
Current:

2006 Citi Golf 2E, Dictator, 4-2-1

Ex:
2003 Audi A3 1.8t, Thanas Tuned, FMIC, coilies, DP and exhaust
2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, estas 282, 4-2-1, coilies
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329
2002 Citi golf. ADY carb, estas 282, 4-2-1, GW delarey big brake kit.
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603
1971 VW beetle
WeirdSteam
Cadet

Post by WeirdSteam »

chucker02 wrote:Even bloem GW asks about double what GW Delarey does

Exactly my Point, Just shows me that the rest of GW branches except Delarey is a rip off.......

Really Disappointed, these days I support uncle Bruce around the conner, he seems to get the exact same spares that GW supplies at Half the Price GW charges.
MrMazda
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by MrMazda »

Obviously GW Delarey is giving a discount or different discount than the others.
WeirdSteam
Cadet

Post by WeirdSteam »

MrMazda wrote:Obviously GW Delarey is giving a discount or different discount than the others.
Yes obviously we get discount form GW Delarey but why quote someone like 40% more on the exact same items?

I doubt that Delarey is giving us that much discount over the rest of the GW stores. Otherwise they would be making a loss or the Price Markups is Hectic at GW if we can get that big discount.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Goldwagon is a franchised business. Prices depend on the owner of that specific store.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Titleists
Philosopher STIG
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Car Model: 2016 Golf R
Membership No: 1520

Post by Titleists »

It's good to see that the prices differ. It means that competition is healthy and that there are no price fixing. Unlike, Edgars, Levis, Truworths all charging the same for a pair of jeans.
VCDS changes done by me for a minimal fee

My ex rides:

2013 LHD Scirocco R
2011 Golf 6 GTI
MrMazda
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by MrMazda »

WeirdSteam wrote:
MrMazda wrote:Obviously GW Delarey is giving a discount or different discount than the others.
Yes obviously we get discount form GW Delarey but why quote someone like 40% more on the exact same items?

I doubt that Delarey is giving us that much discount over the rest of the GW stores. Otherwise they would be making a loss or the Price Markups is Hectic at GW if we can get that big discount.

I cannot talk about GW, but having been involved in the costing dept of a local vehicle distributor I can safely say that the dealer price on some items far exceed 100% of the original cost the assembler pays ex their suppliers. Obviously GW supply chain will differ from that of a the OE supply chain, but even within the assembly plant the same part have different pricing structures depending on where it will be applied. Parts for OE vehicle assembly goes into a vehicle at far lower values than when they are being applied to after market. The same part within the factory used to have at least 3 pricing structures. Low price for OE vehicle assembly, wholesale price for some high volume parts dealers or fleet owners who were allowed to carry OE stock directly ex factory and normal aftermarket dealer pricing. Some of these pricing structures has since changed where volume dealers now get "kick backs"or bulk volume discounts on a regular basis rather than on a per item basis.

The same principle apply to the supply chain regarding medicine as well.
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 3 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Titleists wrote:It's good to see that the prices differ. It means that competition is healthy and that there are no price fixing. Unlike, Edgars, Levis, Truworths all charging the same for a pair of jeans.
This, competition is the only way forward.
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
WeirdSteam
Cadet

Post by WeirdSteam »

Neuk wrote:
Titleists wrote:It's good to see that the prices differ. It means that competition is healthy and that there are no price fixing. Unlike, Edgars, Levis, Truworths all charging the same for a pair of jeans.
Competition in the same Brand store?

Yes maybe between Midas, GW and Autozone makes sense but between GW branches does not make sense.

Just seems to me like some GW stores like the stealerships like to overcharge customers for parts....

Lets leave it there. I have not seen a reply from a GW representitive so we are all just guessing here.

I no longer support my Local GW Klerksdorp or Potch branches anyways just way to expensive these days.

I Rather support Delarey or my local corner spares shop at least uncle Bruces pricing is in line with Delareys pricing.

curtis_morilias
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: mk1 citi 2.0 16v

Post by curtis_morilias »

I work for masterparts and our prices Branch-to-branch in the same province stays the same. The only time it differs is when we go out of the province as shipping costs are included in our prices at branches like pinetown durbs and Windhoek.

GW is a franchise as mentioned before so depending on where their shop is located I would assume prices will differ.

I believe Alert engine parts are all the same prices across the country.
WeirdSteam
Cadet

Post by WeirdSteam »

curtis_morilias wrote:I work for masterparts and our prices Branch-to-branch in the same province stays the same. The only time it differs is when we go out of the province as shipping costs are included in our prices at branches like pinetown durbs and Windhoek.

GW is a franchise as mentioned before so depending on where their shop is located I would assume prices will differ.

I believe Alert engine parts are all the same prices across the country.
Yes i can understand the Shipping part of the cost, that is expected in some cases.

But me Ordering from GW Delarey and paying for Shipping to me is Still allot cheaper that buying it from the Local GW store that is 12km from my house.

We are not talking of small Price Differences here, The Difference in Prices that was Quoted for the same Item was R440, i doubt that Shipping from JHB to Klerksdorp is worth that Price Difference.
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 3 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

WeirdSteam wrote:
Neuk wrote:
Competition in the same Brand store?

Yes maybe between Midas, GW and Autozone makes sense but between GW branches does not make sense.

Just seems to me like some GW stores like the stealerships like to overcharge customers for parts....

Lets leave it there. I have not seen a reply from a GW representitive so we are all just guessing here.

I no longer support my Local GW Klerksdorp or Potch branches anyways just way to expensive these days.

I Rather support Delarey or my local corner spares shop at least uncle Bruces pricing is in line with Delareys pricing.

This is a perfect example of where competition is working, you are supporting the store that best suits you, on price in this case meaning that the others need to either up their game or risk being shut out of the competition.
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
curtis_morilias
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: mk1 citi 2.0 16v

Post by curtis_morilias »

We are not talking of small Price Differences here, The Difference in Prices that was Quoted for the same Item was R440, i doubt that Shipping from JHB to Klerksdorp is worth that Price Difference.[/quote]

GEEZ :rant: that's ridiculous man
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

also depends where the particular store buys stock from. For example when i worked at the Midas heead office i did some digging on some of the stores i knew to be big but actually bought very little from the head office. Some will pay royalties for the name and siga=nage and the perks that brings, but then buy majority of their stock from all over the show. Same goes for most spares places...
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...