Post Whore
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Re: Golf 5 GTI issues. Please Help

Post by Sinbad »

What dtcs are stored?

katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
FRANNA
Enlisted
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by FRANNA »

have you replaced the rear pump in the tank??

if not do that
M@rc!0
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Post by M@rc!0 »

whats a quick fix for the cracked hpfp sensor? i replaced the thrust and fuel rail sensor (r2.4k later) now the top sensor is stuffed...:(
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

M@rc!0 wrote:whats a quick fix for the cracked hpfp sensor? i replaced the thrust and fuel rail sensor (r2.4k later) now the top sensor is stuffed...:(
None

Put new
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Camo
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Model: White-G5 GTi

Post by Camo »

M@rc!0 wrote:whats a quick fix for the cracked hpfp sensor? i replaced the thrust and fuel rail sensor (r2.4k later) now the top sensor is stuffed...:(
It can be fix'd, very easy to do.
Mine also did the same after fitting the second HPFP just becoz of a cracked sensor. I was not gonna buy a complete HPFP just becoz of a sensor.
You would need to completely strip the black plastic from the top of the sensor, then solder the two pins to wires,..once done you would then have to trace and connect the two wires to the other end as per the plug. If you not gonna use after market plugs I would suggest that you give the connection or wire little bit slack to allow for HPFP to com off in future.

If you want I will help, I have a spare top sensor that I have already done.
CW MKV GTi - Kontrol Freaks CAI - Xcede DP + Exhaust - DogBone Insert - 30mm Lowered - R8 Coils - RevH DV - 20" AMG Wheels - R32 Bumper & Mudflaps
Mr blue balls
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: MK5 GTI

Post by Mr blue balls »

How was this issue resolved, I have a similar issue with my mk5.... Upon inspection i see that the hpfp sensor is cracked.... Is there someone you guys trust I can take the car to.... Any assistance guys?
Camo
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Model: White-G5 GTi

Post by Camo »

Bring car to me and I can fix the HPFP Sensor for you. Did mine years ago and never had problem. The engine cover is reason why sensor crack. people press on the cover and this cracks the sensor especially when hot
CW MKV GTi - Kontrol Freaks CAI - Xcede DP + Exhaust - DogBone Insert - 30mm Lowered - R8 Coils - RevH DV - 20" AMG Wheels - R32 Bumper & Mudflaps