saffer
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Electrical issue no wipers or fan

Post by saffer »

Hi folks

Cities golf 1.4i
Got an electrical issue.
Wipers became intermittent, than stopped working, then a day later the inside fan stopped working.
From what I have read, I needed a 19 relay which I duly purchased. On striping the the dash, the only relays I could find where 53s. One is definitely poked and water has got into the relay.
At the same time this all happened, the throttle body started whirring, and the car started poorly, and runs rough.
My suspicion is water has stuffed up the works.
Any assistance would appreciated.
saffer
Enlisted

Re: Electrical issue no wipers or fan

Post by saffer »

Quick update. S o this model is different again. Uses a 53 relay and that was poked. Wipers and fan work.
Oddly the whirring sound from the throttle body has stopped as well. Also had a temp sensor failure to add to the confusion.
Still have another issue, an d the car won't start intermittently. Very odd.
LarryParker
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by LarryParker »

I have a random electric hassle which influences the signs, wipers, washers and fan. once I activate the ignition I can pay attention the fan then I make the first move the engine an occasionally it takes more than one seconds to a few minutes before the fan comes together with the alternative lacking capabilities. I am concerned it might depart me drive aground on a shore lacking wipers and signs and so on in terrible climate. Any expertise obtainable, each person had the identical factor?
saffer
Enlisted

Post by saffer »

So the beast is now running nicely.
As seems typical with Golfs, you get one problem and another one creeps in.
About a month back the temp reading would not read normally, but the car started and ran normally. Then the wipers failed to work and the interior fan stopped working.
So now we have two problems. Replaced the relay and temperature sensor, cleared the dtc codes, and the car ran beautifully.
I got screwed by two faults again. Go figure.
Cford
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 6 months

Post by Cford »

Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. And also found Playstation Reward