Low oil pressure warning light

Johndevine999
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Low oil pressure warning light

Post by Johndevine999 »

Hi there , needing help here! I own a golf mk5 2.0 dsg!! About month n half ago the low oil pressure light come on while driving then just went off. I took it to garage and had the pick up pipe cleaned. Drove again and it come bk on for a few seconds then went off. Took it to a garage few days later and he changed the oil and oil filter the oil filter was a right mess, the car was fine for a while but it’s started coming bk on!! It only comes on after av been driving for about 35 mins then goes straight bk off it seems to do it when am going down steep hills, it’s weird. My mate changed the oil pressure sensor the other day but still it comes on. It’s not over heating there is no noises coming from the oil pump it sounds really good n runs perfect apart from the oil pressure light coming on then bk off. When I had oil changed the oil was really dirty as av only had the car 3 month am thinking other owner didn’t change oil. Can some one please help me or give me advise as this is driving me mad ! A need it sorting. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Membership No: 1041

Re: Low oil pressure warning light

Post by UDC »

Fit a oil pressure gauge and monitor it, if the pressure drops when the buzzer comes on then you know for sure it's pressure related and not sensor or wiring issue
Johndevine999
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Johndevine999 »

UDC wrote:Fit a oil pressure gauge and monitor it, if the pressure drops when the buzzer comes on then you know for sure it's pressure related and not sensor or wiring issue
How would I do that ? Can u fit them in and drive coz as I say it only comes on after driving for 35 minutes. Where can I get an oil pressure gauge from??

WesleyE
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: VIVO

Post by WesleyE »

Had a similar problem turned out that the dipstick and funnel was worn out, when driving the funnel and dipstick wouldn’t seal the pressure and this would turn the pressure light on. Cheap fix and worth looking into

“I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.”
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

WesleyE wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am Had a similar problem turned out that the dipstick and funnel was worn out, when driving the funnel and dipstick wouldn’t seal the pressure and this would turn the pressure light on.
This should be moved to the Mythbusters section....
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

you seem to have an aversion for vowels specially the ones in the word back. anyway - dipstick cannot make an oil pressure issue.
You have to install a pressure gauge yes otherwise you are just guessing. It can cost you an engine. They are well known for oil pressure issues.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
morne1026
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 1 month

Post by morne1026 »

Hi guys i have the same problem on my polo 6 1.6 cls motor if i drive 30 km replaced beairings oil pump oil filter and sensor stil comes on please help
morne1026
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 1 month

Post by morne1026 »

Hi guys i have the same problem on my polo 6 1.6 cls motor if i drive 30 km replaced beairings oil pump oil filter and sensor stil comes on please help