sbu.mah
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTI

MAP Sensor / Turbo Boost Sensor

Post by sbu.mah »

Hi Gents

I am not that mechanically savvy hence some need of enlightenment.

I got 2 error codes P0237 (Turbo Boost Sensor - low input) and P0106 (Manifold Abs Pressure - range/performance). Car went into limp and could tell that the turbo wasn't boosting at all which is expected given this error codes

After some googling I took out the MAP sensor which by the way had no clue where it was located only to find out the damn thing was right in front of my eyes. Could tell it was dirty but the only thing could do was to try to blow the dirt away as I didn't have any recommended solvent. Put it in and cleared errors and it's been two weeks with no issues or the problem recurring

I called the stealers for a new one and was quoted R1450 but I was told its not a MAP sensor but pressure sensor (to my confusion)

What I will like to know before buying it is is the MAP sensor called pressure sensor and is it the same as Turbo Boost Sensor or its 2 different things, and if that's the case where is the turbo boost sensor located

Another question, will replacing the MAP sensor (pressure sensor resolve the issue or there's an underlying problem somewhere as I also suspect I have a vacuum leak

Car: Golf 7 1.4 Highline

My apologies in advance for the long thread

Sent from my G3313 using Tapatalk
MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4