Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk3 Jetta VR6
Membership No: missing

2017 Jetta 1.4tsi Lowering Kit

Post by Dub Addiction »

Hi All,

A friend of mine just purchased a 2017 Jetta 1.4tsi, and is currently waiting for the vehicle to be delivered to the dealer. He is in search of a lowering kit for this vehicle, from VW, but has had no luck so far. We contacted VW and provided them with the VIN number, but they advised that there are no kits available for this VIN. Now my questions are:

1: Are there any kits for these Jettas from VW (Guessing this still falls under the mk6 range, just face lifted)
2: If there are kits for MK6 Jettas, perhaps 2016 model, would this fit on the 2017 model
3: Does anyone have a part number, if there is a kit that works on this car

Any info or help would be much appreciated.
Current:'97 Jetta VR6
smitbrandon
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: 2017 Jetta 1.4tsi Lowering Kit

Post by smitbrandon »

Where will a dealership offer a lowering kit.... your best bet would be aftermarket part providers like xclusivmods in pta, auto style in jhb etc

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

smitbrandon wrote:Where will a dealership offer a lowering kit.... Image your best bet would be aftermarket part providers like xclusivmods in pta, auto style in jhb etc

They do , polo and golf units are common.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
Dub Addiction
Cadet

Post by Dub Addiction »

smitbrandon wrote:Where will a dealership offer a lowering kit.... Image your best bet would be aftermarket part providers like xclusivmods in pta, auto style in jhb etc

Vw does sell lowering kits..Eibach kits rebranded, its the option you take if you still want to keep your warrenty.

Only difficulty is finding a kit for a Jetta, which is the case for me.
smitbrandon
Enlisted

Post by smitbrandon »

Dub Addiction wrote:

Vw does sell lowering kits..Eibach kits rebranded, its the option you take if you still want to keep your warrenty.

Well I worked for an insurance company and ran my own warranty department bud, I can tell you this. As long as the "lowering kit" doesn't exceed the lowering limit in terms of still having a minimum of 30mm height from tyre to the fender then you should be safe. It's just so the car doesn't experience hard impacts that cannot be consumed by the shock strut. After all we live in pothole heaven ;) what's also vital to keep in mind is that the lowering kit has to be fitted by registered dealers such as powerflow etc or any rmi approved dealer as this will be a "peace of mind" for your warranty provider to know it was installed the "correct way" never the less, your safer off with a lowering kit than coilovers because then it becomes a roadworthy and safety issue...

hostility
↰ ↓ 4 ?
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: Anaconda
Car Model: 22"
Membership No: 1624

Post by hostility »

smitbrandon wrote:
Dub Addiction wrote:

Well I worked for an insurance company and ran my own warranty department bud, I can tell you this. As long as the "lowering kit" doesn't exceed the lowering limit in terms of still having a minimum of 30mm height from tyre to the fender then you should be safe. It's just so the car doesn't experience hard impacts that cannot be consumed by the shock strut. After all we live in pothole heaven ;) what's also vital to keep in mind is that the lowering kit has to be fitted by registered dealers such as powerflow etc or any rmi approved dealer as this will be a "peace of mind" for your warranty provider to know it was installed the "correct way" never the less, your safer off with a lowering kit than coilovers because then it becomes a roadworthy and safety issue...

VW offer Eibach lowering spring options for certain models bud. And they will fit it if need be, does not void Warranty either. I had this option when i purchased my Vivo many moons back. But Eibach doesn't go that low ....30mm or so. Possibly that falls under the requirements you just specified.
smitbrandon
Enlisted

Post by smitbrandon »

hostility wrote:
smitbrandon wrote:
Dub Addiction wrote:

VW offer Eibach lowering spring options for certain models bud. And they will fit it if need be, does not void Warranty either. I had this option when i purchased my Vivo many moons back. But Eibach doesn't go that low ....30mm or so. Possibly that falls under the requirements you just specified.
Well I'll be honest, it's the first time I ever heard that they supply lowering kits. I can only imagine that the price can be highly spiked.

But to get back to your main question, you can get a lowering kit out of UK from EBay.

Dub Addiction
Cadet

Post by Dub Addiction »

smitbrandon wrote:
hostility wrote:
smitbrandon wrote:
Dub Addiction wrote:

Well I'll be honest, it's the first time I ever heard that they supply lowering kits. I can only imagine that the price can be highly spiked.

But to get back to your main question, you can get a lowering kit out of UK from EBay.

The kits supplied by VW are decently priced and not highly inflated, as one might think. Ans in terms of warranty, this would be the 1 from the dealer itself, and not aftermarket warranty, as the vehicle is brand new.

VW's warranty will not be voided if you purchased the kit from them and fitted by an approved dealer, this is the reason why I am in search of a part number or any info on a kit that fits this car. Otherwise coilovers would be fitted or Eibach themselves would be contacted.
smitbrandon
Enlisted

Post by smitbrandon »

Well if that's the case I'm going to enquire about the same on my A3. Will also hear out if the mk7 jettas lowering kit has hit the RSA market yet

BB-GP
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 10 months
Car Make: vDubz
Car Model: 2.0TDi Caddy Alltrack

Post by BB-GP »

There's no mk7 Jetta and wont be one as the Jetta has been discontinued.

I had Eibach and Driver Gear springs from VW before (on my Golf 6) and in my opinion its a waste of time if you are looking at lowering.
I paid R2000 for the VW lowering springs about 3 years ago
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

smitbrandon wrote:
Dub Addiction wrote:

Is this still okay?

Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
BB-GP
Cadet

Post by BB-GP »

Thats perfect lol
BB-GP
Cadet

Post by BB-GP »

Dub Addiction
Cadet

Post by Dub Addiction »

BB-GP wrote:At OP

Let VW source these for you:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-racingline- ... 1g60r~vwr/
That is exactly what I found as well, seems like the same spring for Golf R, seeing that it's all listed at the bottom.
smitbrandon
Enlisted

Post by smitbrandon »

Kyle wrote:
smitbrandon wrote:
Dub Addiction wrote:

Is this still okay?

RIP ride comfort

hostility
↰ ↓ 4 ?

Post by hostility »

Funny enough, Dealership never hassled me on the drop, warranty still intact.

Yeah no mk7 jetta....that 2017 GLI though .....sex!!!

damn, that ride comfort must be **** on that grey Jetta.
PoLonY
Gimme sausage. The thicker the better!
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A8
Membership No: 1997

Post by PoLonY »

hostility wrote:Funny enough, Dealership never hassled me on the drop, warranty still intact.

Ignorance is bliss hahahahaha
Kyle
General

Post by Kyle »

hostility wrote:Funny enough, Dealership never hassled me on the drop, warranty still intact.

Especially with that wheel colour, I hear silver wheels ride better since they're OEM.
Current:

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
PoLonY
Gimme sausage. The thicker the better!
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A8
Membership No: 1997

Post by PoLonY »

Kyle wrote:

Especially with that wheel colour, I hear silver wheels ride better since they're OEM.
He should just stock it and sell it
Kyle
General

Post by Kyle »

PoLonY wrote:
Kyle wrote:

He should just stock it and sell it
I believe you're confusing him with Richard?
Current:

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

hostility
↰ ↓ 4 ?

Post by hostility »

:bang: :bang: :bang: