Help please!! throttle pedal issues

meshy316
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Help please!! throttle pedal issues

Post by meshy316 »

hi guys, need some help rooting a problem. heres the story.. 2005 golf 5 gti dsg

one day i decided to park up a slope and when reversing down clipped of the right side of my bumper. all good i fixed it up. 3 days later i get the right light bulb defective error on the dash but then it goes away. 2 days later epc light comes on and car is in limp mode. do my own investigations and figure that the pcv valve is stuffed so i change it. reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a while and epc goes away. 3 weeks later epc is back so i run diagnostics and it comes up with P2122 throttle pedal position sensor switch d circuit signal low. 2 mechanics tell me its the pedal itself so i change it, try to clear faults from both a launch and vcds diagnostic tool and it comes right back. tested for continuity on the pedal wires to ecu and thats fine. tested continuity from throttle body to ecu and thats fine. Both mechanics are baffled and havent a clue where the issue is.

reason for my bumper story is if i mess around with the bumper (push it around) epc light goes off when i start the car but as soon as i drive it comes back on.

other issues that could be related - my sunroof tilts on its own when it feels like, and my rear left door lock is shorting according to diagnostic. and lastly there is some gremlin that drains the battery overnight. tested alternator and its fine and tested the amps drawn from battery and thats 0.4v which is also fine.

any help with this gremlin in my car??