My CC burnt

ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine
Registered for: 16 years

Re: My CC burnt

Post by ambroseg1 »

Sniper wrote:Apparently VWSA does not allow the dealers to pull the fuse diagram on the system and print it out Image I wonder why
Fair enough. But surely they can verbally tell you what it is for?
Sniper
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: CC 2.0TDI Bluemotion DSG
Membership No: 789

Post by Sniper »

ambroseg1 wrote:
Sniper wrote:Apparently VWSA does not allow the dealers to pull the fuse diagram on the system and print it out Image I wonder why
I'm waiting for him to get back to me
CC 2.0TDI DSG
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

Sniper wrote:
ambroseg1 wrote:
You must be very damn frustrated. Its not my car and I am frustrated at how long it takes to get just simple info out of them.

Where is the car now?
ShafiqNC
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 6 months
Car Model: Golf 6.:R
Membership No: missing

Post by ShafiqNC »

Send me your vehicles vin bud..il get ur vehicles fuse layout
vw is the best, f*#k the rest!!!
My Citi build!
Sniper
Cadet

Post by Sniper »

ShafiqNC wrote:Send me your vehicles vin bud..il get ur vehicles fuse layout
Done
CC 2.0TDI DSG
BIGMIG
Porra Love
Registered for: 14 years 2 months
Car Model: 9N3 GTB22/60vk Sportline
Membership No: 1574

Post by BIGMIG »

I know this is going back a bit but I only saw this now.

When you purchased your car did you have anyone install any sort of "factory unit"?

When I purchased my polo I had to have a tracker installed by car track. They guy came round went to a quiet place and did what he needed to do.
All was fine for a while then my passenger door would unlock and lock at random. I assumed it was the usual fault with most VW cars that the micro switch was faulty. I had a chat to one guy about it and he asked if I had checked my fuses to which I replied no, he then said check them first before doing anything hectic.

I pulled the cover and started pulling them out one by one and checking the fuse card as I went along. Now this is when I got a huge fright, when I got to the central locking fuse I pulled it out and found it was blown and was wound with some wire by hand around the prongs, which effectively turned it into a permanent closed circuit. Now the reason why the lock was going crazy was that it would make contact then not. I then remembered having the tracker installed and came to the conclusion that the installer popped said fuse, didn’t have another one and made a "piece of crap f*&k me off plan). I changed it to a new correct spec fuse and all was ok.
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

They can say that for a "normal" inquiry..... however, your case this should not apply. Based on what has happened and the reports produced, you have the right to this information.
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

I have a funny feeling you will tell us, either that fuse is supposed to be empty, or it is for something rated at anything other than 15 amps. :geek:
Sniper
Cadet

Post by Sniper »

BIGMIG wrote:I know this is going back a bit but I only saw this now.

When you purchased your car did you have anyone install any sort of "factory unit"?

When I purchased my polo I had to have a tracker installed by car track. They guy came round went to a quiet place and did what he needed to do.
All was fine for a while then my passenger door would unlock and lock at random. I assumed it was the usual fault with most VW cars that the micro switch was faulty. I had a chat to one guy about it and he asked if I had checked my fuses to which I replied no, he then said check them first before doing anything hectic.

I pulled the cover and started pulling them out one by one and checking the fuse card as I went along. Now this is when I got a huge fright, when I got to the central locking fuse I pulled it out and found it was blown and was wound with some wire by hand around the prongs, which effectively turned it into a permanent closed circuit. Now the reason why the lock was going crazy was that it would make contact then not. I then remembered having the tracker installed and came to the conclusion that the installer popped said fuse, didn’t have another one and made a "piece of crap f*&k me off plan). I changed it to a new correct spec fuse and all was ok.
in my case, the tracker was already installed and I have never had any reason to check the fuse box.
CC 2.0TDI DSG
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member

Post by Howie-WP »

Sniper wrote:
ambroseg1 wrote:
What dealer? Original one?
BIGMIG
Porra Love

Post by BIGMIG »

What circuit is said fuse for?
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

BIGMIG wrote:What circuit is said fuse for?
What circuit? You mean what is the fuse for (what function in the car it is connected to)? If so, we are all waiting for that answer since this thread started.
BIGMIG
Porra Love

Post by BIGMIG »

ambroseg1 wrote:
BIGMIG wrote:What circuit is said fuse for?
What circuit? You mean what is the fuse for (what function in the car it is connected to)? If so, we are all waiting for that answer since this thread started.
No, I mean exactly what I said, a fuse is part of an electrical circuit, hence why im asking "what circuit"

See attached random circuit diagram
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
BIGMIG
Porra Love

Post by BIGMIG »

Am I missing something? It doesnt look like that fuse is used for anything. Looks like number 18 to me.

My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member

Post by Howie-WP »

BIGMIG wrote:Am I missing something? It doesnt look like that fuse is used for anything. Looks like number 18 to me.
Read the whole thread...... we're waiting for this vehicle's fuse layout as depending on spec, the cars have different layouts. We're looking at 18 as VW said it was the culprit, and should have been a 15amp.
BIGMIG
Porra Love

Post by BIGMIG »

Howie-WP wrote:Read the whole thread...... we're waiting for this vehicle's fuse layout as depending on spec, the cars have different layouts. We're looking at 18 as VW said it was the culprit, and should have been a 15amp.
I did...........................................................and I did come across that comment.

That is WHY I asked what circuit it is in. Yes most of the time it is not in use and that he is waitng for the reply to find out what it is connected to.

I am just helping out by looking for more info on the internets as I am also curious to find out why.
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

BIGMIG wrote:
Howie-WP wrote:Read the whole thread...... we're waiting for this vehicle's fuse layout as depending on spec, the cars have different layouts. We're looking at 18 as VW said it was the culprit, and should have been a 15amp.
I did...........................................................and I did come across that comment.

That is WHY I asked what circuit it is in. Yes most of the time it is not in use and that he is waitng for the reply to find out what it is connected to.

I am just helping out by looking for more info on the internets as I am also curious to find out why.
Well, if we cannot even get a basic table indicating what that fuse is for, chances of getting the circuit diagram are no better?

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
BIGMIG
Porra Love

Post by BIGMIG »

The fuse boxes seem to be common, but most likely VW decided to do something different on this one.

Here is a nice view of the back of a similar fuse box.
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
4ePikanini
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Model: Touareg R5
Membership No: missing

Post by 4ePikanini »

What utter rubbish!

How on earth are they to troubleshoot issues? If a fuse blows there must be a reason so you need to know what circuit to investigate. Morons!
My Touareg Build
2005 Touareg R5 Air & Bi-Xenon
Solo786
Brigadier
Registered for: 17 years 1 month
Car Make: Porsche,BMW,VW
Membership No: 1251

Post by Solo786 »

Doesnt look like 18 is used for anything?
BIGMIG
Porra Love

Post by BIGMIG »

Even in my 2008 2.0 FSI A3 there is nothing and its the same type of box
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

Sniper wrote:
Done
Any news yet ShafiqNC?
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

Bump for fuse 18 info?
Sniper
Cadet

Post by Sniper »

ambroseg1 wrote:Bump for fuse 18 info?
The electrician at VW is giving me the run around, why is the fuse layout and configuration such a secret??
CC 2.0TDI DSG
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 »

Sniper wrote:
ambroseg1 wrote:Bump for fuse 18 info?
The electrician at VW is giving me the run around, why is the fuse layout and configuration such a secret??
Has ShafiqNC not been able to help?

This thread has really been an eye opener. Are all car brands like this now (don't give fuse diagrams in the manual)?