EPS WARNING LIGHT--POLO VIVO 1.4i

vincentpillay27
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

EPS WARNING LIGHT--POLO VIVO 1.4i

Post by vincentpillay27 »

The lights comes on whilst driving the car goes into limp mode. Had 3 diagnostics done that states misfire on cylinder 1 and multiple misfires diagnosed. One workshop changed coil packs but light still comes on...when ignition is switched off and on the light goes off but comes back on maybe after 10 or 20 minutes of driving. Once memory cleared of faults car drives maybe for a day then light reappears. another workshop overhauled alternator. another workshop checked coil packs, injectors and compression also checked wiring harness to ECU and diagnosed that the fault is emitting from ECU.. VW Autohaus blames it on compression on cylinder 1 and states head has to be overhauled. I didn't do that as they want R7000. I have already spent R3500 on repairs that didn't solve the problem. Is there anyone that can advise me b4 I spend more money. The car is a polo 6, only 14000 kms on the speedo, 2012 Nov model with no warranty bought as a bank repo.
Advise if I should change ECU Unit, where can I get a used box cheap.
thanks
Solo786
Brigadier
Registered for: 17 years 1 month
Car Make: Porsche,BMW,VW
Membership No: 1251

Re: EPS WARNING LIGHT--POLO VIVO 1.4i

Post by Solo786 »

Sounds like you've got bigger problems than just an electronic fault.

if vw did a compression test and are telling you that its low on cyl 1 then it kind of spells things out for you
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

what is the model/mileage?
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Solo786
Brigadier

Post by Solo786 »

vincentpillay27 wrote: only 14000 kms on the speedo, 2012 Nov model
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

Solo786 wrote:
vincentpillay27 wrote: only 14000 kms on the speedo, 2012 Nov model
He added that after I posted.
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Solo786
Brigadier

Post by Solo786 »

lol no...was there initially
but anyway - i suspect its a problem with the piston rings - another vivo had the same problem
cpureaper
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by cpureaper »

Hi Bud POLO vivo! CLP engine???? Not the rings mate! if the compression is low its the valve guides that have caused the problem. New valve guides and valve for cyl no 1 or the one that has low compression. If its under warranty it will get done for free! See http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php ... 6#p1930416 Andy!
Moe98706
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Moe98706 »

Hi I need help urgently
I have a 2012 Polo vico 1.4 clp engine
The car has started misfiring at an on/off basis for a while now .

It will drive smooth and suddenly starts misfiring, EPC light comes on then if I switch the car off and on again it would drive smooth again till eventually it starts misfiring again .

Diagnostics report read misfire on cylinder1 and combustion failure

I had the coil pack on cylinder 1 replaced and all 4 spark plugs .

The problem was still there , told to change injector on cyl 1 and done so . The problem not long after starting the car was apparent again .

What I have noticed is that
1)the misfire gets more frequent after a long drive and almost continuous after that
2) after refuelling the misfire goes away for a while until eventually starting again

Mechanic tested the plugs that connect to the injector from the ecu and says that there is no constant current to the first injector so the ecu needs to be changed . I am a bit hesitant and want to be sure about it . Any advice guys??
vtroubleume
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 10 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: VW Golf Plus 1.4 BUD 2007

Post by vtroubleume »

Hi ask someone to rewire from Injector 1 to computer box or try a another Injector plug, it can be an Injector seal too, the current pulses to the Injector so voltages will change whilst engine is running , if all else fails take computer box to Auto Ecu for a check maybe it’s an output ic if all the above fails , Auto Ecu can repair
Ex : Polo Vivo, Renault Clio 3 1.6, Renault Megane and Scenic 1.9dci, Renault Clio 3 1.4, Renault Clio 2 1.4, Peugeot 308, Mini Cooper R56 1.6, Polo Tdi 1.4, Jetta 5 2.0 Tsfi Sportline, Ford Focus 2.0a, Bmw 320d E46 f/l, Citi Golf Chico 1.6, Corsa 1.7d converted with Gsi 1.6 engine, BMW X5 3.0im, Bmw 328 E36,Opel Kadett Ts by Group N Opel team, Jetta Vr6, Bmw 316i E36, Astra 160ie, UNO Turbo by Rudi, Bmw 325i Turbo by Alpine, Golf Gti16v exec, Mazda 323 Egi, Bmw e30 318i f/l
Moe98706
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Moe98706 »

HI
I visited Hatfield Vw braamfontein
The mechanic advised me saying he has come across a polo with the same problem and in that case it was the valve stem seals .. ?

But cannot confirm till they have a look at it on Tuesday
Thanks for the help bud
vtroubleume
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 10 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: VW Golf Plus 1.4 BUD 2007

Post by vtroubleume »

Hi, okay cool, am also sure Morne Hatfield will also check the valve seating because those seats can also come loose and make a valve sticky.
They will also most probably check for cam guide wear, camshaft wear and lifter condition too.
I had this problem on a EP6 Mini Engined Peugeot 308 and after R13000 of school fees it was a short circuit at the bottom of the fuse box when Car gets hot in the engine bay , it threw a misfire code on a cylinder
Ex : Polo Vivo, Renault Clio 3 1.6, Renault Megane and Scenic 1.9dci, Renault Clio 3 1.4, Renault Clio 2 1.4, Peugeot 308, Mini Cooper R56 1.6, Polo Tdi 1.4, Jetta 5 2.0 Tsfi Sportline, Ford Focus 2.0a, Bmw 320d E46 f/l, Citi Golf Chico 1.6, Corsa 1.7d converted with Gsi 1.6 engine, BMW X5 3.0im, Bmw 328 E36,Opel Kadett Ts by Group N Opel team, Jetta Vr6, Bmw 316i E36, Astra 160ie, UNO Turbo by Rudi, Bmw 325i Turbo by Alpine, Golf Gti16v exec, Mazda 323 Egi, Bmw e30 318i f/l
Likza
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Likza »

Good Day Guys
I have struggled with this EPC light, misfiring, limp mode, for 10 months now! This past Wednesday was the worst. i drive with a friend to work and we drive about 110kms one way. at some point in the morning the engine was misfiring so badly and the light coming so much i thought we might need get towed. after a couple of attempts the car ran smoothly and we got to work. my friend, who is a son of an auto electrician, decided that he will look at the car as i hurried to my meetings. he figured out that the plug on the 2nd coil from the left has an issue! when you press it the engine stops shaking. at the end of the day we figured the wiring at the plug compromised. see the images of the enigineering solution we employed in order to get home.... :bwahaha: