TruBore
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Classic
Membership No: missing

2Door import Vr6 specs

Post by TruBore »

So on my way to potch the other night, something comes past me at one hell of an speed, thought it was my imagination but it looked like a 2door mk3... With EU numberplates (Is this legal?). I stopped next to this oke to see it is in fact a 2door vr6 and right hand drive, thought this guy was german or something so I greeted him in my best english and asked whats up with the numberplates. He replied in perfect afrikaans that he imported the car from England etc..

I just want to know if the specs on the SA version differ at all from overseas? And how long does it take to import a car? From what I heard it takes a few years... Anyways that vr6 was a beauty...
“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
SemiColon wrote:Yes, i am a woman...
CTSR01
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: 2Door import Vr6 specs

Post by CTSR01 »

buddy of mine imported a 2 door left hand drive vr6 and the 95 vr6 station wagon from sweden...... took him 3 years to get the cars here...

paid R105k for the 2 door and not sure about the other one,

the motors are the 2.9L vr6 motors, but depending if it's the OBD1 or OBD2 motors...... goes very well...

the bodies are lighter than the SA vr6's as well....
102kw | 187nm OCCT DYNO 7/11/09 - CTi under heavy construction
129.7kw | 236nM Dyno tec - Daily eat-a -litre VR6 Jetta
http://www.ctsrcrew.co.za
TruBore
Cadet

Post by TruBore »

If only I had the patience and the cash :crazy: .... Is it legal to drive with the EU numberplates on?
“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
CTSR01
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by CTSR01 »

TruBore wrote:If only I had the patience and the cash :crazy: .... Is it legal to drive with the EU numberplates on?
not a dam!
illegal.....

i have a set made but only for car shows....
102kw | 187nm OCCT DYNO 7/11/09 - CTi under heavy construction
129.7kw | 236nM Dyno tec - Daily eat-a -litre VR6 Jetta
http://www.ctsrcrew.co.za
TruBore
Cadet

Post by TruBore »

Thought as much.... :roll: hehe Thanks for the info!
Golf Fanatic
Lieutenant
Registered for: 21 years 7 months

Post by Golf Fanatic »

TruBore wrote:So on my way to potch the other night, something comes past me at one hell of an speed, thought it was my imagination but it looked like a 2door mk3... With EU numberplates (Is this legal?). I stopped next to this oke to see it is in fact a 2door vr6 and right hand drive, thought this guy was german or something so I greeted him in my best english and asked whats up with the numberplates. He replied in perfect afrikaans that he imported the car from England etc..

I just want to know if the specs on the SA version differ at all from overseas? And how long does it take to import a car? From what I heard it takes a few years... Anyways that vr6 was a beauty...
I seen that car in flesh about six months ago in a parking lot in Potch and hunted the owner down. Its a beauty :crazy: :crazy: :bang:
Ask him about the plates he replied he drives with the import permit and has had no issues. :lol:

I took a couple of pictures will have a look on my phone. Send me a PM with your email addy.
A3 1.8T Sportech Yellow
Mazda 3
MK1 1800 8v Sidies (Sold My Heart Aches)
MK3 GTI Black (Sold..)
K1 GPR Prokart
Suzuki GSX R 400
Suzuki GSX R 750 (Motor Blown)
Speed
Lunatic
Under
Throttle
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

TruBore wrote:I just want to know if the specs on the SA version differ at all from overseas?
Locally, we only got the 2.8 litre 12 valve VR6. Some overseas models had a 2.9 litre 12 valve motor (Corrado VR6).
Engine wise, I doubt anything was different.

Our VR is imported from Austria (bought the car from the previous owner here in the For Sale section), and has the 2.8 litre 12V motor (AAA engine code), cloth seats, colour coded bumpers, originally had a catalytic converter in the zorst, etc.
Local models also only had the option of leather seats IIRC.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Nolte

Post by Nolte »

Golf Fanatic wrote:
TruBore wrote:So on my way to potch the other night, something comes past me at one hell of an speed, thought it was my imagination but it looked like a 2door mk3... With EU numberplates (Is this legal?). I stopped next to this oke to see it is in fact a 2door vr6 and right hand drive, thought this guy was german or something so I greeted him in my best english and asked whats up with the numberplates. He replied in perfect afrikaans that he imported the car from England etc..

I seen that car in flesh about six months ago in a parking lot in Potch and hunted the owner down. Its a beauty :crazy: :crazy: :bang:
Ask him about the plates he replied he drives with the import permit and has had no issues. :lol:

I took a couple of pictures will have a look on my phone. Send me a PM with your email addy.
Hi,

Do you still have the pictures of that vr6? Would be nice to know if this was mine as I've imported a black vr6 highline from the Uk! I sold the car a few years ago to a bloke up in JHB but for the last year or so i've been trying to get hold of the current owner to see what state the car is in now and maybe buy it back.
Yakuza Racer
Voora Molester
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by Yakuza Racer »

WTAF lol... blast from the past hahahahaaaaaaaa
Thupercharged S4
Nolts
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Nolts »

I know.... was searching the internet again to see if I cant find any new leads on the car and I came across this post so I thought I will give it ago and see what happens. You never know your luck, someone might just know where it is!!