Layla is her name

sha2moha
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Layla is her name

Post by sha2moha »

Hi Gentz,

Hope you'll can assist pls. I have a Golf (MK1) .COM and I have Level 4 anti hijack in. The problem is the driver seat is locked and doesn't to open. The alarm is on silent all of a sudden. The central locking doesn't open or close and I can't open and close the driver seat door. The alarm is all of a sudden on silent, the driver seat doesn't open. Plz Plz assist I don't know what to do.
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Membership No: 1041

Re: Layla is her name

Post by UDC »

drivers seat doesn't open ???
I am sure you meant to say drivers door does not open, did you try using the key to open the door, maybe the central locking pump is faulty
sha2moha
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by sha2moha »

Yes I did open it with the Key. Now I have to lock it all the time with the key and it doesn't open or lock with the remote. I don't believe pump is faulty hey, I need to know if anybody also once came across the same problem and what did they do. Anone knows how to reset Level 4 alarm system
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Don't think those had a pump. Electrically operated solenoid isn't it. When you unlocked it before did the pin pop up very quick with a clack sound or come up slowly with no noise.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Supervan II
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Membership No: missing