Bad Ash
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: S3

2.0tfsi HPFP Specifications?

Post by Bad Ash »

Hi Guys

Anyone know the maximum fuel pressure that can be generated from a stock Hitachi HPFP (mk5 gti/mk6r/s3 8p).
And what sort of pressure gains should be expected from aftermarket upgrades.
''I spent alot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered...''
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,
Membership No: missing

Re: 2.0tfsi HPFP Specifications?

Post by vwpro »

standard and upgrade can deliver the same pressure, the volume of the upgrade is more. The relieve valve on the rail determined the pressure
:troll:
Bad Ash
Cadet

Post by Bad Ash »

How would one know if their hpfp is stock or upgrade without physically stripping the pump? Ive been led to believe that logging fuel pressures might give some insite depending on the tune as the stock hpfp can only request a maximum pressure of 'x' amount.
Guys with a stage 2 tune should be at that maximum pressure as 2+ requires hpfp upgrade
''I spent alot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered...''
BdtDSG
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by BdtDSG »

Bad Ash wrote:How would one know if their hpfp is stock or upgrade without physically stripping the pump? Ive been led to believe that logging fuel pressures might give some insite depending on the tune as the stock hpfp can only request a maximum pressure of 'x' amount.
Guys with a stage 2 tune should be at that maximum pressure as 2+ requires hpfp upgrade
Get someone with vcds to log group 230. Stock pump sits aroud 109 bar and will drop in the midrange under WOT. Upgraded pump should keep up with the requested rail pressure.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

just strip it if you want to know.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Bad Ash
Cadet

Post by Bad Ash »

Logged a WOT in 3rd gear. The requested in the midrange is 120+ bar. The actual matches that all the way to redline.
What are the physical differences between the stock hpfp internals vs upgraded? On autotechs website they talk about 9.8mm vs 8mm stock. Are they talking about the diameter of the piston.
BdtDSG
Cadet

Post by BdtDSG »

Bad Ash wrote:Logged a WOT in 3rd gear. The requested in the midrange is 120+ bar. The actual matches that all the way to redline.
What are the physical differences between the stock hpfp internals vs upgraded? On autotechs website they talk about 9.8mm vs 8mm stock. Are they talking about the diameter of the piston.
Larger diameter piston as well as larger cylinder sleeve to accommodate the piston. If it's an autotech it will have the logo on the sleeve as well. Image

Bad Ash
Cadet

Post by Bad Ash »

BdtDSG wrote:
Bad Ash wrote:Logged a WOT in 3rd gear. The requested in the midrange is 120+ bar. The actual matches that all the way to redline.
Larger diameter piston as well as larger cylinder sleeve to accommodate the piston. If it's an autotech it will have the logo on the sleeve as well. Image

Shot boet. Guess the fool proof way would be to strip the pump. The 122bar at midrange could be software maxing the stock pump.
Tander
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years 11 months
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Leon Cupra
Membership No: 1713

Post by Tander »

Bad Ash wrote:
BdtDSG wrote:

Shot boet. Guess the fool proof way would be to strip the pump. The 122bar at midrange could be software maxing the stock pump.
For interest sakes, I used a stock internal on my HPFP last month. I was getting 130bar no problem. But I have an upgraded return vale (RS4 one) so that may have contributed to it. Car now has the auto tech internals back in and getting 130+ on the fuel rail.

As Stephan says; the sure way is to just strip and check. Its literally a 10 min job.

Current Rides:
2008 SEAT Leon Cupra - Banshee

Exes:
2006 Polo 9N3 - 1.6i
2003 Citi.com 1.3
2003 Opel Corsa Lite
BdtDSG
Cadet

Post by BdtDSG »

Tander wrote:
Bad Ash wrote:
BdtDSG wrote:

For interest sakes, I used a stock internal on my HPFP last month. I was getting 130bar no problem. But I have an upgraded return vale (RS4 one) so that may have contributed to it. Car now has the auto tech internals back in and getting 130+ on the fuel rail.

As Stephan says; the sure way is to just strip and check. Its literally a 10 min job.
Depends on the software as well. The hpfp pressure will start to drop if the pump can't provide enough flow, which usually happens in the midrange on remapped cars, otherwise there would be no need for the HPFP upgrade.
Bad Ash
Cadet

Post by Bad Ash »

Yeah shot guys. Will strip and check. Thanks for the info. I get more out of here then all the other conflicting info available online. I was led to beleive that the stock pump can pump a max of 110bar in the midrange regardless of rs4 valve. Ive now learnt its actually software dependent and the stock pump can be pushed upto 130bar.