James Christians_Nam
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf Mk7 Gti

9N3 Polo GTI Downpipe Feedback

Post by James Christians_Nam »

Hi guys,

So I got my car back today for a custom 76mm stainless steel downpipe and Id just like to share my experience.

The biggest difference to me is that the power delivery is smoother. There is no increase in power that I can feel. It sounds great, not as loud as I though it would be. Before the DP I had a custom cat-back pipe installed (Just went from stock to 63mm mild steel piping just after the cat and a smaller box/ muffler and a new tip at the end.) so it already had more volume and a nice noise but always sounded like the car was chocking at higher revs, about after 4000.

One problem we did encounter was that 2 studs on the turbo were busted somehow and they had to replace them by drilling out the old ones and re threading the hole for the new ones. This is what I understood from what they told me. It took 3 days, granted the tuner was very busy and he informed me that he would be (Im from Namibia, we dont have many tuners around so they are flooded with customers all the time.)

But over all Im happy with it, I paid 3500 for the custom piping and intalling, 500 for the stud repair and 620 for a cat fooler. Very pricey I think but the guys are friendly and helpful so not too bothered by it.

Hopefully this helps someone. :hi: