Vw golf 5 gti low power

Puglife
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Golf Mk5 gti

Vw golf 5 gti low power

Post by Puglife »

Hi all I'm new here . Today I took my 06 bwa golf 5 Gti to a dyno day .the mods done to the car are stage 1 revo 76mm downpipe and itg intake .I recently did the rear r32 conversion so there is a different back box. The highest I got today was 137kw and 315 nm .this sounds quite low for what mods are done to the car does this seem right?any suggestions are appreciated.
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,
Membership No: missing

Re: Vw golf 5 gti low power

Post by vwpro »

did you do all the mods before you load the file, its about a standard figure you got if takes the power loss on the wheels, as your car is 165kw on the flywheel, its suppose to give you at least 155wkw so maybe the file is not so good, ask the your tuner to show you on a dyno the before and after results, also have to give you or at least show you the log figures to see if any changes are done and to see all figures is as requested by the ecu, if he don`t give you a dyno sheet he doesn't do fair business, maybe just a generic file and it just feel better and you pay for nothing.
:troll:
Puglife
Enlisted

Post by Puglife »

Hi when I bought the car the guy told us there is apparently stage 1 software in then one of the guys I know plugged the car in and said yes because it is reading different to standard and there is a 76mm downpipe and a itg intake in it that I can see . Do you recommend loading different software?
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3

Post by Killerwatt »

Where are you located?
Also which dyno was it and do you know the power readings of any other cars at the dyno day?

If it is indeed a Revo file then it is possible that it has reverted to the stock settings. Possibly when the battery was dissconnected when the exhaust was done. This can easily be set by any Revo dealer. No need to load software again.

But once again, we would need your location to reccomend a dealer. If you are in the JHB area i can gladly assist.
Camo
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: White-G5 GTi

Post by Camo »

vwpro wrote:did you do all the mods before you load the file, its about a standard figure you got if takes the power loss on the wheels, as your car is 165kw on the flywheel, its suppose to give you at least 155wkw so maybe the file is not so good, ask the your tuner to show you on a dyno the before and after results, also have to give you or at least show you the log figures to see if any changes are done and to see all figures is as requested by the ecu, if he don`t give you a dyno sheet he doesn't do fair business, maybe just a generic file and it just feel better and you pay for nothing.
Explain 165Kw @ Fly and 155wkw (is this on a stock G5?)

Just on that my car made 145wkw and 320NM with just DP and intake (consistent for three years on same dyno).
When I had only APR-SW on the car she made 167wkw @ 353NM (thats SW only) however I reverted back to stock and only fitted DP and Intake!

Based on the original post the car is making less power with mods on :hi:
CW MKV GTi - Kontrol Freaks CAI - Xcede DP + Exhaust - DogBone Insert - 30mm Lowered - R8 Coils - RevH DV - 20" AMG Wheels - R32 Bumper & Mudflaps
Camo
Lieutenant

Post by Camo »

Puglife wrote:Hi all I'm new here . Today I took my 06 bwa golf 5 Gti to a dyno day .the mods done to the car are stage 1 revo 76mm downpipe and itg intake .I recently did the rear r32 conversion so there is a different back box. The highest I got today was 137kw and 315 nm .this sounds quite low for what mods are done to the car does this seem right?any suggestions are appreciated.

Check basics
Check DV
When last was car serviced etc.

NB: We all seem to think our cars are fast till we see what the Dyno says or we pull up next to a stock one.

SW is like acid to a car that does not make requested power in stock mode or with basic hardware mods.

That G5 shud make bit more power then 137kw with hardware (DP and Intake) as Turbo spool more freely thus creating easier/faster power not even considering SW you mention.
Try get stock file loaded, run dyno and logs.
Once car healthy and performing or doing what it suppose to,..load SW back

My 2c :driving:
CW MKV GTi - Kontrol Freaks CAI - Xcede DP + Exhaust - DogBone Insert - 30mm Lowered - R8 Coils - RevH DV - 20" AMG Wheels - R32 Bumper & Mudflaps
s3 freak
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by s3 freak »

Try logging the car with vcds and see, my car made stock 147wkw but on a different dyno.

Also did you check what other cars made on the same dyno on the day???
Puglife
Enlisted

Post by Puglife »

The dyno was a dyno day at mph chip tuning .the car was serviced 2 weeks ago with ngk double platinum plugs. The cars battery did go flat about 2 months ago but when the battery was changed I felt no power difference. Yes I am in the jhb Alberton area . On the day there was a golf 5 gti I think he was tuning stage 1 with downpipe (not 100% sure about the downpipe ) he made 150 kw and 287 nm. The car was loged and no codes are brought up. Does anyone recommend Good software to go for ? Does anyone know if revo will reactivate the software if it has reverted back to stock .
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,

Post by vwpro »

VW's 4-cylinder 2.0L Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection which makes 200 PS (147 kW; 197 bhp) and 280 N. m (207 lbf. ft) torque.
:troll:
Puglife
Enlisted

Post by Puglife »

vwpro wrote:VW's 4-cylinder 2.0L Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection which makes 200 PS (147 kW; 197 bhp) and 280 N. m (207 lbf. ft) torque.
Yes that is claimed power at the crank not wheel power :troll:
dazza
Field Marshal
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Make: VW and VW
Car Model: Amarok and Citi Sport
Membership No: 1327

Post by dazza »

Puglife wrote:The dyno was a dyno day at mph chip tuning .the car was serviced 2 weeks ago with ngk double platinum plugs. The cars battery did go flat about 2 months ago but when the battery was changed I felt no power difference. Yes I am in the jhb Alberton area . On the day there was a golf 5 gti I think he was tuning stage 1 with downpipe (not 100% sure about the downpipe ) he made 150 kw and 287 nm. The car was loged and no codes are brought up. Does anyone recommend Good software to go for ? Does anyone know if revo will reactivate the software if it has reverted back to stock .
Your solution is simple. Contact a Revo dealer an get them to check if your software is in "Stock" mode. If so its a 2 second fix. If not perhaps they can assist to log the car and pin point a potential issue on the car. Out of interest sake my Stock MK5 GTI made 191WHP, with DP, intake and Software is did 230 odd. Check our advertisers section, the Revo contact details are listed
Darryn Van Rooyen
Current: 17 Amarok V6 D/C 4Motion H/L Auto
Current: 1987 Citi Sport 1.6
Current: 91 Citi Sport 1.3
Current: 05 Kawasaki 200KDX, 16 KTM 300 EXC
Previous:
14 Amarok BITDI D/C 4Motion H/L Auto
12' MKVI GTI Manual
2009 Audi TT 2.0TFSI S-Tronic
2008 Honda CBX250 Twister - Crashed!
2011 Amarok BiTDI D/C Highline 4Motion
08 RS MKV GTI DSG
09 ZG Ibiza Cupra TDI
06 CW Sportline
01 Citi 1.4i
01 Yamaha YZ125
99 Toyota Tazz
94 Fox 1.8 Sport
Camo
Lieutenant

Post by Camo »

vwpro wrote:VW's 4-cylinder 2.0L Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection which makes 200 PS (147 kW; 197 bhp) and 280 N. m (207 lbf. ft) torque.
Thus my question: 165Kw @ Fly and 155wkw (is this on a stock G5?)

Killerwatt I think in Alberton/Brackenhurst to assist!