Question on DV for TSI motor

Ubercool
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Membership No: missing

Question on DV for TSI motor

Post by Ubercool »

Hi all,

What would be the difference between a Turbosmart DV and the GFB DV+ on a TSI motor?
Would this just be a matter of which item holds boost better or are there other things to consider with using either of these?

Help greatly appreciated.
Hoosier Daddy
Colonel
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Golf VI R
Membership No: 2023

Re: Question on DV for TSI motor

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

The DV+ is a direct bolt on part that uses the current interface to improve performance.
The Turbosmart would need an additional vacuum line and signal line (I think) to be run in order for it to receive a reference to control it's movement.

The DV+, speaking form experience, is a great bit of kit that's used extensively on both TFSI and TSI motors. All it requires is for you to routinely remove it, clean it and lubricate the piston. Nothing serious but great step up in performance.
My Dream: Gipsy Danger
My First Love: Lucy
Nikz_tsc wrote:Don't be an elachi bhai
Ubercool
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Membership No: missing

Re: Question on DV for TSI motor

Post by Ubercool »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:The DV+ is a direct bolt on part that uses the current interface to improve performance.
The Turbosmart would need an additional vacuum line and signal line (I think) to be run in order for it to receive a reference to control it's movement.

The DV+, speaking form experience, is a great bit of kit that's used extensively on both TFSI and TSI motors. All it requires is for you to routinely remove it, clean it and lubricate the piston. Nothing serious but great step up in performance.
Makes sense.

Thank you for the guidance.