missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: RE: Re: 2.0 20v turbo hybrid!!!!!!

Post by missioner »

PapaJo wrote:
missioner wrote:If you use an 020 gearbox then the stock mounts work fine.

All I recommend is polyurethane bushings and to modify the rear gearbox mount. PM Viper or Breadroll on the forum, otherwise look up the Delarey racing developments page on the for one of the rear mounts I mentioned. These guys make them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The OP is in Romania......... Image

He need to check the front mount at the front of the motor to check whether the mount on the chassis leg sits under the chassis leg or on top. Two door is most likely on top as it would have had the 1100 or 1300 slanted motor.
:FACEPALM: Thanks for rescuing me Jo.

I forgot about that stupid little cross flow motor and its mounts.

If the OP could post a picture of the engine bay, we could see which configuration it has.

As far as the poly stuff goes, if there isn't anybody local (Romania) that could make the rubbers for him, then exporting it to Europe would make sense. Rands are worthless vs €uros, it could work out quite cheap.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
trt2020
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Re: 2.0 20v turbo hybrid!!!!!!

Post by trt2020 »

missioner wrote:
PapaJo wrote:

All I recommend is polyurethane bushings and to modify the rear gearbox mount. PM Viper or Breadroll on the forum, otherwise look up the Delarey racing developments page on the for one of the rear mounts I mentioned. These guys make them.

He need to check the front mount at the front of the motor to check whether the mount on the chassis leg sits under the chassis leg or on top. Two door is most likely on top as it would have had the 1100 or 1300 slanted motor.

If the OP could post a picture of the engine bay, we could see which configuration it has.

As far as the poly stuff goes, if there isn't anybody local (Romania) that could make the rubbers for him, then exporting it to Europe would make sense. Rands are worthless vs €uros, it could work out quite cheap.
Hello everyone. I will post an informative pic with the engine bay. I dont have with mine , but its the same with this. I need some sketches for the engine mounts to fabricate by myself. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

trt2020 wrote:
missioner wrote:
PapaJo wrote:

Hello everyone. I will post an informative pic with the engine bay. I dont have with mine , but its the same with this. I need some sketches for the engine mounts to fabricate by myself. Image

In this case, you can use the 1600/1800 motor and gearbox mounts.

Search the internet for golf mk1 engine and gearbox mounts and will get pictures too.
missioner
Major

Post by missioner »

trt2020 wrote:
missioner wrote:
PapaJo wrote:

That is the newer engine bay and not the old cross flow one. That's good news, because there is no need to fabricate mountings. Simply source and modify stock mounts from any of the u-flow mk1 engines

trt2020
Enlisted

Post by trt2020 »

I dont know if that is the type.. Tomorrow i will make a pic with my engine compartiment , but i dont know what is u flow or cross flow.. If someone can tell me ..

missioner
Major

Post by missioner »

Uflow motors have the inlet and exhaust manifolds on the same side as the head. The cross flow motor inlet and exhaust are opposite to each other.

The older mk1's had the same motor that was used in the early polos in Europe, it means that the engine mount bracket on the chassis was different to the later models. If your car is like this it will present you with a problem when it comes to hanging your engine.

The 2E block is drilled the same as its smaller brothers and the later mk1 engine mount fits without modification.
trt2020
Enlisted

Post by trt2020 »

My engine is u flow from mk3 golf. I bought the mk1 shell without engine.. Original engine was an 1.5 diesel.

missioner
Major

Post by missioner »

trt2020 wrote:My engine is u flow from mk3 golf. I bought the mk1 shell without engine.. Original engine was an 1.5 diesel.

OK that's excellent. It will have the right mounts.

Ate you using the rod shift gearbox from the mk3 or earlier? If yes then the mountings will be easy to get.
trt2020
Enlisted

2.0 20v turbo hybrid!!!!!!

Post by trt2020 »

Today i started work to my project car. The shell is in good condition for its age.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageImageImageImage
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Post by Belix »

Great workshop!
trt2020
Enlisted