Polo 2013 1.4 Midline Performance Inc

JoeSteam
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.4 2013 COMFORTLINE

Polo 2013 1.4 Midline Performance Inc

Post by JoeSteam »

I bought the car about 3 weeks ago, very good condition i just love it, i would just like to get a few tips on increasing the performance without any conversions, the 1.4 is what it is, i would just like to get that extra bit of power.Would a performance air filter make any difference?

And ive still got the issue with my phones Bluetooth not connecting, the car is suppose to have it due to the MFS buttons, there is no settings on the dash for the midline, and nothing on the radio obviously.Is this to be fitted aftermarket?

If i do make any changes on my car, would the 1 year warranty expire?Say buying a new Radio, or fitting an exaust?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Polo 2013 1.4 Midline Performance Inc

Post by panic-mechanic »

It will make it sound faster for sure.
I always struggle with these type of posts.
Did you test drive the car? Did you not notice the lack of power then.
If you want something faster why buy a 1.4 in the first place?
Save whatever you want to spend on mods towards buying something that is faster outnof the factory.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Post by ICE King »

+1 what panic said , car will sound much faster - actually fact it like 3% faster.

Enjoy the little 1.4 - they were never meant to be quick or fast and yours being a comfortline being heavier than the other Polo's.

Truth is you can do filter and exhaust and a 2.2 Ford ranger will still give you a whopping
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
sbu.mah
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Model: MK7 GTI

Post by sbu.mah »

ICE King wrote:+1 what panic said , car will sound much faster - actually fact it like 3% faster.

Enjoy the little 1.4 - they were never meant to be quick or fast and yours being a comfortline being heavier than the other Polo's.

Truth is you can do filter and exhaust and a 2.2 Ford ranger will still give you a whopping
Did you just say 2.2 Ford Ranger will give him a whooping - you just made the guy more hopeless ImageImageImageImage

Just enjoy the car as it is, like the others have said nothing much can be done performance wise - doesn't help to put a loud exhaust, enjoy the quite ride.

I find these obnoxious loud little things irritating on the road and always wonder why people mod their cars to be that loud

Maybe it's boils down to taste

Sent from my G3313 using Tapatalk

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Post by ICE King »

sbu.mah wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 am
ICE King wrote:+1 what panic said , car will sound much faster - actually fact it like 3% faster.

Did you just say 2.2 Ford Ranger will give him a whooping - you just made the guy more hopeless ImageImageImageImage

Just enjoy the car as it is, like the others have said nothing much can be done performance wise - doesn't help to put a loud exhaust, enjoy the quite ride.

I find these obnoxious loud little things irritating on the road and always wonder why people mod their cars to be that loud

Maybe it's boils down to taste

Sent from my G3313 using Tapatalk
haha , yip seen it with my own eyes , as loud as the 1.4 was , once rolling, the ranger silently flew pass it several times

anyhow , do as you please with the 1.4 but don't expect huge power increases
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned