Fueling problem with Citirox

ChadSedres
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Fueling problem with Citirox

Post by ChadSedres »

Hi guys im new here anyway i have searched for a while now about issues with my car but i just cant seem to find whats wrong.
After i bought the car second hand i had the car serviced at barons claremont and not long after car died. As in just while driving the car just loses power then comes to a halt. They said its the fuel pump failing. This happened 3 times already barons still couldnt find out what was the issue. Fuel pump works now but its seems it may be another issue. strangely this time it was raining and i almost think water is seeping into the fuel. What happens now is like while driving its almost feels like the fuel is starving until eventually the car cuts out. After a few minutes it started but struggling to idle and drove home keeping on a high rev. This morning however its started better and eventually drove okish until finally halting again.

Please need help guys
Brat Boy
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 2009 Audi A4 2.0TFSI
Membership No: 1919

Re: Fueling problem with Citirox

Post by Brat Boy »

Try testing with another Coil, had a similar issue however mines used to back fire, I tested and found out it was the coil. Changed it to a new one and problem was solved
Current
Golf 7 GTI DSG (Daily Drive) - Custom Rogue Performance Down Pipe and Exhaust, APR Carbon Fibre Intake, APR Suspension, JB4
Polo (9N3) GTI

In The Land of Titans Notorious is king in the Land Kings I wear the Crown
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Fueling problem with Citirox

Post by panic-mechanic »

You need to do some testing to diagnose the problem. Add a fuel presure gauge that you can see if the prssure is dropping or staying constant.
Without diagnosis you will keep guessing.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.