Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Velociti
Membership No: missing

Fuel consumption on 2.0 8v citigolfs

Post by Zeyad »

Hi guys,

I have a velociti with 2.0 8v ady with 282 estas cam, branch and exhaust and dictator. The head and bottom end are stock.

I'm going to be using my car daily for work so was thinking of removing the cam for better fuel consumption and ease of driving in traffic.

Right now with the cam in i get around +-9L/100km with driving gently at 100km/h and its really annoying in traffic with the jerking on low rpms..

I want to know what type of fuel consumption i can get If i replace the cam with stock cam and also what fuel consumption are u guys getting with stock 2.0 8v motors on dictator.

TIA

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
Current: 2010 Bmw 320i (A) ///M-Sport Dynamic Pack
Carbon fibre splitters+mirrors+rear spoiler,
18" M-sport wheels (Anthracite)
Leather seats with blue stitching
Sunroof
Rear PDC

Ex Ride: 2005 VeloCiti 1.6i
52mm Piper exhaust + branch
K&N flatpad filter plus CAI
60mm Razor lowering springs
Gas Ryder shortened shocks
ADZ
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk2 GTI 16v

Re: Fuel consumption on 2.0 8v citigolfs

Post by ADZ »

Hey bud I've got the similar set up to your's 2L 8v ADY with an estas 282 cam branch but I am running MP9 and I get around 13 to 13.5km/lt open road and in traffic it drops to around 12km/lt, if I run it hard then around 10km/lt. I use my citi daily to work and back (M1 traffic) and it's absolutely smooth no jerking you can take off and cruise at 1000rpm no issues.

My other golf mk2 has a 2E 2l stock motor no branch but is running dictator, I've not had a chance to test it out in traffic but from what I see from short runs around on a weekend it is light on fuel, just be aware you will have to retune your car once you remove the cam.

02' citi 2L 8v
04' Mk4 Jetta 2L
89' Mk2 1.8 16v GTi

72' Beetle 1600TP
Zeyad
Enlisted

Post by Zeyad »

ADZ wrote:Hey bud I've got the similar set up to your's 2L 8v ADY with an estas 282 cam branch but I am running MP9 and I get around 13 to 13.5km/lt open road and in traffic it drops to around 12km/lt, if I run it hard then around 10km/lt. I use my citi daily to work and back (M1 traffic) and it's absolutely smooth no jerking you can take off and cruise at 1000rpm no issues.

My other golf mk2 has a 2E 2l stock motor no branch but is running dictator, I've not had a chance to test it out in traffic but from what I see from short runs around on a weekend it is light on fuel, just be aware you will have to retune your car once you remove the cam.
Wow dats good. What could be the cause of the jerking?? Dictator?? I assumed the jerking is coz of the cam... Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Sunroof
Rear PDC

ADZ
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Model: Mk2 GTI 16v

Post by ADZ »

Honestly I don't know, this is my first 2lt on dictator maybe it's the tuning on Dictator, could be cam timing,

Where are you based? if in JHB get in contact with Panic he'll sort you out.

02' citi 2L 8v
04' Mk4 Jetta 2L
89' Mk2 1.8 16v GTi

72' Beetle 1600TP
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Totally dependent on tuning. No way to even begin to compare numbers
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Zeyad
Enlisted

Post by Zeyad »

panic-mechanic wrote:Totally dependent on tuning. No way to even begin to compare numbers
So basically the jerking on low rpms can be removed if tuned properly?? The car will be able to drive almost as smooth a stock cam??

Sunroof
Rear PDC

Gts88
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 2 months
Car Model: Citi

Post by Gts88 »

ADZ wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:47 am Hey bud I've got the similar set up to your's 2L 8v ADY with an estas 282 cam branch but I am running MP9 and I get around 13 to 13.5km/lt open road and in traffic it drops to around 12km/lt, if I run it hard then around 10km/lt. I use my citi daily to work and back (M1 traffic) and it's absolutely smooth no jerking you can take off and cruise at 1000rpm no issues.

.......elllllle, wish I had that MP9......mine runs very k@k, gona go Diktator now to get better tune on it.....