Clutch cable issues

my_citi1.8i
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Clutch cable issues

Post by my_citi1.8i »

Hi Guys,

I know have posted on here before but could not find my post. I am still facing with the same challenge wrt the clutch cable. Ever since the OEM clutch cable broke I have been experiencing endless problems with the aftermarket clutch cables. It is at a point where the clutch cables last less then a month. I have tried different aftermarket ones but still the same issue. I replaced the cable last week friday. This morning the cable is turning/tangled at the firewall. I have tried the long and short cables. Also different grommet ones at the firewall but still no luck. The cables either break at the clutch paddle or at the firewall. There are friction marks on the cable at the paddle and where it connect in the engine bay. I drive a citi golf 1.8i 2007 golf. I have tried to source an OEM cable but the agents dont sell them anymore. I had a look at my colleagues citi golf clutch setup and on his 1.4i golf it has mechanism where the cable goes in from the end from which i dont have. Mine just connects from peddal to end point, nothing in between. Also when i engage the clutch the peddle is hard and gradually goes down. So every night I have to adjust the cable but now its at the point where the rubber(white part on the cable) is getting lose.

Thank you in advance.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Clutch cable issues

Post by panic-mechanic »

Your pressure plate is busy failing so the effort required form the cable is too much.
Get a new clutch kit - I prefer sachs as they are very light on effort.
You are fixing the result not the cause.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Naku786
Cake Laaitie Killer
Registered for: 13 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi 1.9i 8v
Membership No: missing

Re: Clutch cable issues

Post by Naku786 »

panic-mechanic wrote:Your pressure plate is busy failing so the effort required form the cable is too much.
Get a new clutch kit - I prefer sachs as they are very light on effort.
You are fixing the result not the cause.
+1

Sent from a phonebooth in Hillbrow
1893cc racecar - back in the garage
Solo786 wrote:after you bust the rsi , should have put down the window and asked "Do you even lift bro?"