Yaris Service interval Q????

Rourke
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Yaris Service interval Q????

Post by Rourke »

Hi Guys

So i have a 2009 Yaris Sedan 1.3 VVTi.

Now i bought the car on auction and theres no service books.
i have the following Q?

1) Do i wait for a service Light/ Indicator to apear on the dash to indicate service due? I dont know these cars but working on 15000kms intervals im almost there at 135000kms.so do i do it a 135000kms?

2) i have pulled a history at toyota and all was done at the dealer except 105000kms . Now the car being obviously older now and kms above warranty etc. Do i go to the dealer to service and do the check ? or do i do it privatly at a reputable mechy that can stamp something for me?
Will a outside mechy be benificial when trying to sell the car ? or will dealer be better for service history to a new buyer?

Cheers
smoke.machine
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 4 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: Polo Tdi

Re: Yaris Service interval Q????

Post by smoke.machine »

Seeing as though you bought it from auction with no service history books...the value already dropped...just take it to a reputable rmi approved workshop..and keep receipts on record for the next owner
Current: 9n3 1.9 TDI Pd100...cupra lip..Pgti rear apron
Rourke
Cadet

Post by Rourke »

thanks Smoke machine

Well history have been pulled from the toyota dealer. Lucky for the history at the dealer.

Thanks
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

When you got it just do a full service and try and get readings for errors , like most Toyota products they easily do 300000km without a sweat, if you already doing 135k km service change all the fluids :

Radiator flush and new fluid (dealer is cheap)
Engine flush and new oil (dealer is cheap)
Gearbox oil
Brake fluid flush and replace
Spark plugs
All filters incl pollen the get a funny smell.

They strong vehicles , for piece of mind , get suspension checked, brakes change if needed(might as well as you flushing the brakes)

Check clutch from dealer or OE is pricey.

Seen a few skip a service and still got to 250000km+ without a problem (dont do it but they dont seem to mind)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
smoke.machine
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 4 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: Polo Tdi

Post by smoke.machine »

Please use right spec oil....i saw alot of guys putting the famous 20w50 gtx in the yaris only to find them running bearings couple months later...
Current: 9n3 1.9 TDI Pd100...cupra lip..Pgti rear apron
Rourke
Cadet

Post by Rourke »

yes guys

Well from what i see the engine oil is a darker GoldeBrown and not black at all. Coolent is a red color and no discolouration.

I can definatly see the car is looked after.

The plan was to maybe keep the OEM Products like oil and coolent and service parts from toyota.

do u guys think there is a big differents in labour rates between dealer and RMI mechanics?

What about the checks like the 100 point checks( Im not sure) does the dealer do this free? This will give me peace of mind on all the espects of the car.

I must say the car Went through road worthy with flying colours and the guy even mentioned that the syspension and so on was still fresh.

Thanks again guys
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

Rourke wrote:yes guys

Well from what i see the engine oil is a darker GoldeBrown and not black at all. Coolent is a red color and no discolouration.

I can definatly see the car is looked after.

The plan was to maybe keep the OEM Products like oil and coolent and service parts from toyota.

do u guys think there is a big differents in labour rates between dealer and RMI mechanics?

What about the checks like the 100 point checks( Im not sure) does the dealer do this free? This will give me peace of mind on all the espects of the car.

I must say the car Went through road worthy with flying colours and the guy even mentioned that the syspension and so on was still fresh.

Thanks again guys

Keep to OEM as in toyota tradition they cheap to maintain at dealer level (R250 ex VAT for toyota petrol engine oil, wipers and some fluids where on special at Pat Hinde in Boksburg not sure if whole group has it but they the biggest Toyota group in SA so chances are one is near you ).

The rates vary even with RMi guys so ask around your area.

The service with checks is not pricy most of the time the dealer will discount the inspection if service is at dealer. Also get to know the parts dept and ask for discount , if you affiliated to the brand you get up to 20% off parts and labour. This helps when you need non traditional parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
Rourke
Cadet