Brake light switch for Polo vivo

Ruwaidm
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 3 months
Car Model: '91 Golf CTi

Brake light switch for Polo vivo

Post by Ruwaidm »

Howzit guys

Hoping someone can help...my EPC light is on and was told that the common fault is the brake light switch however my 2012 Polo vivo doesnt seem to have the switch under the pedal but I was told these vivo's have them in the engine bay on the brake master cylinder? Can anyone please confirm if this is true and if any has a pic of the switch please?

Thanks in advance guys!!

Cheers
Ruwaid
1Tdi
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 6 1.6 TDi

Re: Brake light switch for Polo vivo

Post by 1Tdi »

hey Bud,

I have a Polo 6 R 1.6 Tdi ( Glow Plug light randomly flashes) I was also told most likely Brake switch - no switch under the pedal either, I recently changed mine as well, however it was not the cause of my warning light, Best bet is to get someone to read your error code and confirm its the switch at fault.

This should help if you are changing the brake switch - note its a sensor now not a switch

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/ ... and_drive/
Ruwaidm
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 3 months
Car Model: '91 Golf CTi

Post by Ruwaidm »

Hey bro
Thank you so much for the valued info! I will definitely do so. The reason I was leaning towards the switch/sensor at fault because when the EPC light would go away...the brake lights would work fine. Then when the EPC light would stay on...no brake lights. Checked the fuses and all good hence my thought on the brake light sensor.
1Tdi
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 6 1.6 TDi

Post by 1Tdi »

No Worries, If it is the switch its a easy DIY, you will need a car lift though as u need to get from under to loosen and re-tighten the torx nut..also a long extension or thin long arms as its quite a reach to get to the nut.. the switch was R320 from GoldW..
Vwalways
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by Vwalways »

Hi all

I have a similar issue , EPC is on and no brake lights, however my middle brake light (3rd brake light in the rear window) is working fine.

I checked the fuses and bulbs all is good. I was wondering does the 3rd light work with the same brake Switch ?

Its a polo vivo 1.4 2012. recently did a oil plugs and Filter change. one day later EPC problems.

and help please
Tebogo Jr

Re: Brake light switch for Polo 2005 auto

Post by Tebogo Jr »

[How much is brake switch plus lobour currently at Volkswagen