Need HELP!!!

kobus odendaal
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Need HELP!!!

Post by kobus odendaal »

Helo all.
I had my Tiguan 2.0 TDI T&Fserviced and cambelt changed on 95K km . I drove it to EC and on the way back the battery light came on. I turned off all electrics and drove till I had signal on my phone (was in Karoo near Gariep dam) The cooling system is not driven by the fan-belt and car never overheated. The mechanic at the service forgot to bolt the water hose on the cam-belt cover and the metal link on the hose shaved through the fanbelt, disintegrating it.
I stopped and a BMW X3 towed me to Gariep. I had the fan belt changed at Gariep but car had a strange nose when started . We Towed it to Centurion where same garage opened it and 3 taped rockers ? broke at the end.
He fixed it and engine still hand a strange? sound but he said its ok. I drove to Limpopo and the stretch bolt on 2 injectors broke and popped out.(I told garage owner that engine does not sound right and feels "hot" many times, but was told a diesel engine is like that)
He repaired again and Another 300 to 500km later car came to standstill an now a valve is broken and damaged engine
Car is now in Polokwane and I have a R266k bill to replace engine
I have photos and report frm VW Polokwane but feel I have a gun at my head and dont know what to do
Can I keep service garage responsible
I posted before a link on same situation a guy had in England and the towing guy at Gariep told me same story. ...That fanbelt piece goes into cambelt area and timing jumps...Why does this advanced R500k+ car not go into a limp mode when something goes wrong ... Can anybody help here? thx Kobus 082 892 2036