Help with Injector Adaptation / Programming

sambowks
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Cross Polo 1.6 TDI

Help with Injector Adaptation / Programming

Post by sambowks »

Hi All - I had an injector fail and had a local guy replace it. He was not able to do the required code adaptation to the new injector. Can this be done with one of those VCDS cables on gumtree,r Should I get someone to do it? If there is anyone out there willing to do it please let me know as well.

My no: 072 801 8545
BIGMIG
Porra Love
Registered for: 14 years 1 month
Car Model: 9N3 GTB22/60vk Sportline
Membership No: 1574

Re: Help with Injector Adaptation / Programming

Post by BIGMIG »

Was it a straight swop or was the injector reburbished first. Also what injector was used pd100,pd130 or pd160?
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

What engine are u working with? If its a pd then as far as i know, u dont need any adaptations. But, if u fitted in an injector/s with a different part number then u need adjustments made on the software by a tuner.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
sambowks
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Model: Cross Polo 1.6 TDI

Post by sambowks »

It's a 1.6TDI that uses piezo injectors made by Siemens/Continental. Each injector has different tolerances and these are reflected by a unique code printed on top of the unit, which needs to be put into the ECU. I have confirmed that these injectors cannot be refurbished, serviced, at least not locally. I have already replaced the injector, but my local mechanic does not have the correct software to enter the code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syKv2MIUS9o&t=25s
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

sambowks wrote:It's a 1.6TDI that uses piezo injectors made by Siemens/Continental. Each injector has different tolerances and these are reflected by a unique code printed on top of the unit, which needs to be put into the ECU. I have confirmed that these injectors cannot be refurbished, serviced, at least not locally. I have already replaced the injector, but my local mechanic does not have the correct software to enter the code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syKv2MIUS9o&t=25s
VCDS should be able to do it.

Where are you located? If you are in the East Rand give Panic Mechanic a PM and make a booking with him. He's worth every cent.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+