Polo_buhTDi
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2007 Polo 9n3 TDi S/L

Rent-a-Workshop.

Post by Polo_buhTDi »

Ola amigos.

Im looking for a workshop space that I could use/rent for a day or a few hours.

Ive got to do a few things on my tdi - Service, inspections, cosmetics, and im looking for a place with either a lift or some decent jacks + trestles that will let me use their shop and do the work myself.

Im based in the Edenvale area so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.. :hi:
2008 Polo TDi Sportline.

EX..

1X0KW and XX8NM @ the wheels @ KAR

http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=168955

PD-Tuning Software, HID Fogs, HID Mains, Debadge Grill, Yellow Lamin-X fogs, Maxtrac Coilovers, Custom Bronze Rims, & FMIC.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Rent-a-Workshop.

Post by Howie-WP »

There was a thread about similar offer on VWVortex, general consensus was that the overheads ito insurance, tool theft, issues if repair takes a turn for the worse and you're stuck with a car on a lift; makes this a non starter. Kinda like a AirBnB for garages / workshops. Seems like a good idea at first, but the devil is in the detail.
PoLonY
Gimme sausage. The thicker the better!
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A8
Membership No: 1997

Post by PoLonY »

Howie-WP wrote:There was a thread about similar offer on VWVortex, general consensus was that the overheads ito insurance, tool theft, issues if repair takes a turn for the worse and you're stuck with a car on a lift; makes this a non starter. Kinda like a AirBnB for garages / workshops. Seems like a good idea at first, but the devil is in the detail.
This
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

PoLonY wrote:
Howie-WP wrote:There was a thread about similar offer on VWVortex, general consensus was that the overheads ito insurance, tool theft, issues if repair takes a turn for the worse and you're stuck with a car on a lift; makes this a non starter. Kinda like a AirBnB for garages / workshops. Seems like a good idea at first, but the devil is in the detail.
This
:iagree:
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.