Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 3 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Re: 1.9TDI 74KW

Post by Neuk »

Jueshen wrote:
4ePikanini wrote:mileage seems low for a 2008.

Cluster could be swapped. Scan the ECU to check if ECU mileage corresponds to the clocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiGTYSh7GYQ
Cluster doesnt need to have been swopped for mileage to be rolled.
The guy who bought my 9n3 gti just plugged in a blue device into the obd2 rolled the mileage from 220k to 80k both on ecu and cluster . vcds picks up both ecu and cluster mileage as 80k. I was shocked! Apparently he did it cause his work pays for maintenance and it must be under s certain mileage... be aware....
Only spotted this now, this is one of the reasons it is important to check service history, whether it is at dealers or independents.
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
VGTI
Major
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: Cheap Ass Porsche
Car Model: 9N Sooter
Membership No: 807

Post by VGTI »

Unobeat wrote:
VGTI
Your car never ceases to amaze me at the way it performs and continues doing its duties.
The fuel consumption is something else, Pure Epic. A car like that would be hard to to find a replacement for hence you will just have to drive it until the doors come out on its own.

On average monthly how many kilos you putting on?
I do about 3000 a month but recently started working at an office closer to home for a few times a week so it will probably come down to about 1500 a month
'04 Polo TDI 1661.9 km on 58.05l
'13 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 Elite
Jueshen
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Jueshen »

Neuk wrote:
Jueshen wrote:
4ePikanini wrote:mileage seems low for a 2008.

Cluster could be swapped. Scan the ECU to check if ECU mileage corresponds to the clocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiGTYSh7GYQ
Cluster doesnt need to have been swopped for mileage to be rolled.
The guy who bought my 9n3 gti just plugged in a blue device into the obd2 rolled the mileage from 220k to 80k both on ecu and cluster . vcds picks up both ecu and cluster mileage as 80k. I was shocked! Apparently he did it cause his work pays for maintenance and it must be under s certain mileage... be aware....
Only spotted this now, this is one of the reasons it is important to check service history, whether it is at dealers or independents.
This is true, don't just look at service books, make sure it matches at the history at dealer. Must not have any gaps, but even this can be crooked..
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
Eurodyne! 230WHP & 390NM @ KAR 2016 - without OB
2013 Honda Ballade Elegance
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1994 Honda Ballade 150 Luxline
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
2007 Polo 1.6 Comfortline
1989 Citi Sport 1.8
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

VGTI wrote:
Unobeat wrote:
VGTI
Your car never ceases to amaze me at the way it performs and continues doing its duties.
The fuel consumption is something else, Pure Epic. A car like that would be hard to to find a replacement for hence you will just have to drive it until the doors come out on its own.

On average monthly how many kilos you putting on?
I do about 3000 a month but recently started working at an office closer to home for a few times a week so it will probably come down to about 1500 a month
We drive a lot and we going around provinces and at times just around Gauteng.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.