Mk5 1.9tdi 2004 @ 300000km

mphog5
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Mk5 1.9tdi 2004 @ 300000km

Post by mphog5 »

Hi guys i just recently bought a mk5 tdi and it has 300000km on it. I bought for a good price from my cuz who had some finacial dificulties. So now im wondering how long can i still use da car becaus3 he has being taking care of it service wise. Can i still use da car for while and what must i do to ensure it doesnt give problems. I realy like da car and i want to ensure its on point. Well currently da only problem i have is with the driver n right pasanger door. I have to use a key to lock them othera
wise they dont lock with a remote. Any good advice for this car to keep it going.
tdnaicker
Enlisted
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Mk5 1.9tdi 2004 @ 300000km

Post by tdnaicker »

I think using the right spec oil is imperative on the PD engines.(505.01).

Other than that , the cambelt change at whatever the recommended interval is and using 50 ppm or lower diesel should see the car going well .

Not sure of how well the injectors hold up to high mileage though.
mphog5
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by mphog5 »

Tanx @td
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

What TD said.
Car should still on for years to come.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

Post by Pik Sooter »

Moved topic to correct Thread.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

Ta da.......
VGTI
Major
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: Cheap Ass Porsche
Car Model: 9N Sooter
Membership No: 807

Post by VGTI »

Howie-WP wrote:Ta da.......
lol

I think we are thinking about the same thing... some people are only half way there, some get to 98% and then it is too much effort or they simply don't know better

mphog5, some people will tell you that the car is barely run in however, if your cousin had financial difficulties he might have neglected some maintenance. Do a service and let them check the sump for sludge and lifters for wear. Change the cambelt, rollers, tensioner and waterpump while you are at it.
'04 Polo TDI 1661.9 km on 58.05l
'13 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 Elite
GremlinCCS
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years

Post by GremlinCCS »

VGTI wrote:
Howie-WP wrote:Ta da.......
lol

I think we are thinking about the same thing... some people are only half way there, some get to 98% and then it is too much effort or they simply don't know better

mphog5, some people will tell you that the car is barely run in however, if your cousin had financial difficulties he might have neglected some maintenance. Do a service and let them check the sump for sludge and lifters for wear. Change the cambelt, rollers, tensioner and waterpump while you are at it.
Agreed. Preventive maintenance are the best move when you buy a second hand car as you'll never know the real history...

My brother drove a car for 4years with out an oil change, car still running but just an example.

A few bucks spend now can save you thousands later.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk