Car drifting to the right

Mark Schmuhl
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Car drifting to the right

Post by Mark Schmuhl »

Hi,
I have a citi golf 1.4 and recently changed the front left bearing and Hub including the inner and outer CV joint also on the left hand side. I also put 2 new front tires and did the wheel alignment .This was about three weeks ago and now suddenly the car seems to pull to the right hand side when Excelerate. There is also a cluck noise when I excelerate and then she pulls to the right . when I release the Excelerator she seems to correct. What could be the cause of this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace
Membership No: missing

Re: Car drifting to the right

Post by amstel18 »

well what caused the issue in the fisrt place that you only replaced the left suspension parts?
As a rule of thumb, I replace everything suspension related in pairs. Both left and right...
Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
Mark Schmuhl
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: Car drifting to the right

Post by Mark Schmuhl »

amstel18 wrote:well what caused the issue in the fisrt place that you only replaced the left suspension parts?
As a rule of thumb, I replace everything suspension related in pairs. Both left and right...
Well my front left hub was shaking when driving, when changing it we found that the wheel bearing and left cv joints inner and outer was all stuffed. I'll take it to the cv guy to check the right hand side... It just seems odd that it pulls to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk