RCD510 Battery drain solution

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
kaunda
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

RCD510 Battery drain solution

Post by kaunda »

Golf MK5, The fusebox solution was not successful as the "switched circuit" that is suppose to switch off with the ignition are being kept energised for some reason after "ignition off, key out" - not sure why as it operates correctly if no load connected? So I am desperately seeking another solution, how expensive is the canbus upgrade that is apparently the correct solution?
I will really appreciate forum help, as the installed RCD510 is basically a white elephant now...
Pynoxim
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Membership No: missing

Re: RCD510 Battery drain solution

Post by Pynoxim »

My friend got his Canbus module off of eBay, it set him back an enormous R485 incl. shipping
Thursday Milkshake Crew
'00 GS2 Lexus GS300
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Post by THANAS »

Canbus as pynoxim mentioned. But remember that the circuit stays active for a few minutes after ignition off. Try it again and let the radio play after the key has been removed, it will turn off after a short while. Been using the fusebox mod for quite a few months now with the 510 and no hassles other than the keycode request.
kaunda
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by kaunda »

Thanks guys, Pynoxim can you please pm me your friend's email, i would like to confirm 100% which unit (part #) he bought
Appreciated
Dragonic
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 2.0TSI

Post by Dragonic »

In to get some mad post counts. But also to help others that stumble across this post.
I have been chatting to Kaunda and the module number I got was the 7N0 907 530 AR but there is a whole range of modules that will work(can't find the likn now sorry), so not a must to get the AR.
Ex: '93 VW Golf MK1, MP9 converted
Ex: '04 Jetta MK4 1.8T Highline, Downpipe, FRC Remap

Current: '06 Jetta MK5 2.0TFSI. SW + Zorst.