'06 Polo 9N3 killing my radios! PLEASE HELP

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
rudeboy
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.4

'06 Polo 9N3 killing my radios! PLEASE HELP

Post by rudeboy »

Hi everyone :hi: help me out. Having trouble with my car radio. Recently bought a 9n3 VW Polo and it has killed 2 radios already :crazy:

When I got the car it didnt have a radio, so I told the seller to install one as part of the deal. He put in a cheap Head unit, probably a chinese knockoff :bang: ...
2days after I got the car while driving I noticed lots of smoke coming from the radio and I disconnected it, it died :crazy:
Replaced it with my Pioneer I have been using for 2years before in another car, this worked fine for a month, but one night while parked pumping tunes with the volume high it died. This time there was no smoke. Have not opened to check the problem. I hope its just a burnt fuse.
Everything is stock except the HUs I used.
Im not experienced at this so please be well detailed when advising. Im afraid to invest in a 3rd Headunit without knowing whats killing my radios :sad:
seanC
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: vw ,audi
Car Model: mk1 & Audi A3

Re: '06 Polo 9N3 killing my radios! PLEASE HELP

Post by seanC »

Please check power supply to the plug. Then check the audio output harness from the radio could be shorting out hence the smoke and the dead head unit
rudeboy
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.4

Re: '06 Polo 9N3 killing my radios! PLEASE HELP

Post by rudeboy »

I dont know how to do any of that, guess I should call in a pro...would really like to build the car myself