RANT ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX

Rants and Raves - Let us know about your experiences...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
Cornel
Cadet
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 320D

RANT ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX

Postby Cornel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Posting on behalf of a friend.
He drove a 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrack. The bakkie started with some issues after 5months of owning it so he took it into Action Ford Krugersdorp. They said that they can't find the issue as all the lights on the dash was off. Traction control and drivetrain light comes on at the same time. So he drove the bakkie back to Black Rock Mine(80km from Kuruman) where he works. The lights comes and goes the whole time. He took the bakkie to Ford Kuruman 3 times. They said it was missing files on his Software so they updated everything. That did not work at all.

So he went on his R&R weekend again, dropped his bakkie at Action Ford Krugersdorp for the weekend so that they can have a look at it. They called him and told him that he needs a new gearbox. After a struggle they agreed to replace the gearbox with a brand new gearbox.
When he got his bakkie back, it did not even make the 680km back to Black Rock Mine. So he took the bakkie back to them and told them it’s worse than ever. The workshop manager said ja they get this problem with recon gearboxes. Never did they say that he will get a recon gearbox from Ford.

At this point they said they will have to order a new gearbox from Ford to sort this issue. So he left his bakkie there again only to find out that Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division won’t be able to deliver his bakkie to him the Saturday. The guy that had to deliver his bakkie on Saturday was high jacked the Friday evening when he took the bakkie back home.

In the same sentence they also said don’t worry as we got a call from the police(30min after the bakkie was stolen) in Harrismith, that they found the bakkie there. They will be going through to fetch it. They paid R13000 to the police for the tow in and what not’s just to find out that they have been scammed.

On Monday he demanded that they need to sort the issue out. He said that Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division need to claim from their insurance and settle his bakkie. This is when the owner of Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division said don’t stress he knows a few people at the police station so he will pull some strings. So now they have the bakkie again. And 1hour later the bakkie is gone again.

At this point he said they need to do whatever it takes to settle his stolen bakkie so that he can buy a new one. Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division said that they don’t have the required insurance to claim for his bakkie so he needs to claim from his own insurance. So he called Action Ford Krugersdorp to get them to sort it out as the bakkie was in their possession. So Action Ford Krugersdorp called Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division to get the case number all the info needed but they struggle to get any info from them. He also spoke to Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division to see if he can get any details of his stolen bakkie from them but also no luck. This has been going on for 2 weeks that he struggles with Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division and Action Ford Krugersdorp.

This morning he went to the Ombutsman and Hello Peter to see if they can get it sorted. Ombutsman emailed him that they need the required details to sort his case out.

His bakkie is stolen for a month now. It's a white 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrak reg. FYS 238 FS

PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX MANUAL DIVISION

MrMazda
Cadet

Re: RANT ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX

Postby MrMazda » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:14 pm

For starters put the blame where it really belongs. FMCSA has obviously refused to authorise a new box in the 1st place and secondly FMCSA insist on using useless Mayfair Gearbox.

Furthermore blame Ford for using such a useless gearbox in the T6 to start with.

However its a shame that it happened.

Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Membership No: 2033

Postby Howie-WP » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 pm

OP's post reads like a soap opera....... :crazy:

J-10-M
Lieutenant
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 GTI
Membership No: missing

Postby J-10-M » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Should have probably just bought a Hilux, those don't break...

amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Car Model: Polo TSI

Postby amstel18 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Fokkit I would have moered everyone and burnt down everything if that happened to me

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
Current:
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
Ex:
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)

Torker
General
Car Model: Golf GT
Membership No: 1464

Postby Torker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 pm

When my Vivo got stolen from a panelbeater their liability insurance paid me out retail (minus the original accident damage that my insurance paid for). My insurance company handled everything, probably put some pressure on the panelbeater to settle seeing that they send me there to begin with.
Current rides:

VW Golf - 83 GT 2.1 16V 2-door with throttles
VW Golf - 78 LS 2.0 8V 4-door (2.1 ABF with throttles in progress)
VW Golf - '08 Citi Storm - 1.4 for now
Hyundai - 1.4 Getz (daily)

chucker02
Captain
Car Model: Citi ADY

Postby chucker02 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Ford has completely lost the plot. They are next to exit SA, mark my words
Current:

2003 Audi A3 1.8t

Ex:

2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, Brospeed 4-2-1 branch, Poly mounts and coilies. CCBB Limited edition

Rides Thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329

2002 Citi golf. ADY engine with GW carb, Viper 4-2-1 branch, 282 estas cam, 57mm freeflow, GW delarey big brake kit and GW delarey gearbox mounting.

Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603

1971 VW beetle, my first love

MrMazda
Cadet

Postby MrMazda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 am

chucker02 wrote:Ford has completely lost the plot. They are next to exit SA, mark my words

I very much doubt it since it seems there are staunch Ford supporters who are deaf and blind and will keep on buying ford's crap products even it they burn or as is the case with the T6 Ranger the engines & gearboxes keep on packing up. FMCSA even increased production capacity to cater for increased demand on these crap trucks it's Everest Cousin.

Sabretooth Tiger
Cadet

Postby Sabretooth Tiger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:06 am

MrMazda wrote:
chucker02 wrote:Ford has completely lost the plot. They are next to exit SA, mark my words

I very much doubt it since it seems there are staunch Ford supporters who are deaf and blind and will keep on buying ford's crap products even it they burn or as is the case with the T6 Ranger the engines & gearboxes keep on packing up. FMCSA even increased production capacity to cater for increased demand on these crap trucks it's Everest Cousin.

This is very true.

Loyal Ford owners are almost like some members of a certain political party. It's on fire, but they will keep driving it.
Current:
2017 Tornado Red VW Jetta 1.6Tdi Comfortline DSG

Ex:
2015 Dodge Journey 3.6 V6 R/T
2008 Hyundai Accent 1.6 3dr
2010 BMW 320d
2010 Mazda 3 2.0 Individual
1999 Nissan Sabre Gxi
2006 BMW 323i
2000 Opel Corsa Lite
2006 Ford Focus
1999 Nissan Sentra Gsi
1996 Toyota Conquest.

Tman21
Cadet
Car Model: Magic Scool Bus

Postby Tman21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 am

Agree with Amstel, this problem is for FMCSA. Ombudsman is the next step! Wildtrak installment is around 12K if not more and how many months has he been paying without the vehicle being in his possession.
Success: When hard work meets opportunity :-)
#TMAN21

Tman21
Cadet

Postby Tman21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:55 am

Agree with Amstel for boxing match and Fire! MrMazda hit the nail on the head there.

Any Ford queries let me know guys. Family member owns Lazarus Ford.
#TMAN21

MrMazda
Cadet

Postby MrMazda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:26 am

I had more than my fair share of crap from FMCSA and Mayfair Gearbox, with gearbox issues on my previous Mazda 6.The WM, DP at the dealer as well as Mazda Japan to get FMCSA to eventually sort out the issues.

SHAUN
Post Whore
Car Model: 2006 335i
Membership No: 1148

Postby SHAUN » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:55 am

How does Ford get the blame? The car was sent to a 3rd party contractor, they are to blame.
2006 E92 335i * Monica
2001 Audi S3 Quattro * Suzie-Q
1999 Jetta 3 20vt 181kw 390nm * Jet-Li
2006 Caddy 1.6 low and slow * Tossa-Caddy
2001 Polo classic 16v ABF Featured * BLUEmotion
1988 Bmw E30 2.9L - Written off
1991 MKII GTI - Sold
1989 MKII CSL - Sold
Saiendra wrote:I cannot argue with you, you bought a BMW out of motorplan...
You clearly have more balls than me.

MrMazda
Cadet

Postby MrMazda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am

SHAUN wrote:How does Ford get the blame? The car was sent to a 3rd party contractor, they are to blame.

FMCSA insist on using those useless bunch of %^&$#@!!!!! Secondly if FMCSA did the RIGHT thing by authorising a new gearbox, the dealer would have fitted it not MG, then the vehicle would never have been close to MG's premises for starters. Did he buy a new Ranger with a refurbished box? No, it was suppose to be a new box, apart from the fact that we all know there's a design problem with the particular box, go ask thousands of Mustang owners in the USA, it's basically the same box with different ratios.

Cornel
Cadet

Postby Cornel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am

Tman21 wrote:Agree with Amstel for boxing match and Fire! MrMazda hit the nail on the head there.

Any Ford queries let me know guys. Family member owns Lazarus Ford.

Tell you family member that he needs to send his guys for training as well! Laz use to be a good place back in 2008-2010 when I had my Focus ST. Now they just a bunch of cakes!! Shittiest service that I got when I took my Fiesta there.
They can't even change a damn drive shaft on a bantam turbo! Swak man!
Response was that they can't change the drive shaft as the boost pipe sits under the driveshaft. So my mate said just remove the boost pipe. Ford guy said they don't work on modified cars. Mate said what about the Ford turbo cars, they also need fixing. Ford guy says they are not trained to work on any other modified cars. So my mate said its fine pull the thing on the lift, he will remove the boost pipe then they can fit the new drive shaft. Yet again no!
So my mate went to his bakkie which was there for a whole week standing outside. Tried to unlock the bakkie, boom the thing wasn't locked. Wanted to start the bakkie and the battery was flat. He waited 45min for the guys to assist him to jump start the bakkie, when they tryied to start it with the power pack, that was also flat. So they jumped it with a truck!

They all **** useless!!! FMCSA I hope you ready this ****!

Seriously don't understand how the hell these guys still makes money. When a small guys delivers poor service then he's closed with in a month or so. Not this big companies they just gets bigger and bigger!

BS!!!

Tman21
Cadet

Postby Tman21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Im pretty sure you will get a similar response from most stealership workshops that they dont work on modified vehicles. And they will go on and on and on about their corporate guidelines but drive shaft issues the last place ill look for help will be the dealership @ their rate for parts and labor.

Anyway glad you have a BM now, you wont need to visit a Ford dealership anytime soon!
#TMAN21

Cornel
Cadet

Postby Cornel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Tman21 wrote:Im pretty sure you will get a similar response from most stealership workshops that they dont work on modified vehicles. And they will go on and on and on about their corporate guidelines but drive shaft issues the last place ill look for help will be the dealership @ their rate for parts and labor.

Anyway glad you have a BM now, you wont need to visit a Ford dealership anytime soon!

Then they should have said it the first day the car was there. Don't make a guy wait the whole week for fokol!
Point is just they also busy going the wrong way! But atleast it's working for them.

Tman21
Cadet

Postby Tman21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Agreed! Motoring industry is a massive part of our economical fuckup and good service is hard to come by nowadays!

Find someone you trust and dont piss them off!
#TMAN21

dynamic
Cadet
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza Cupra 1.8T

Postby dynamic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Cornel I feel your friends pain... this is pathetic.
Haha and Lazarus are just as bad.

I have a Ford Tourneo Connect (2016) that my wife drives as her business vehicle. On the day of an event of hers, she cant select gears when she first starts the car. We towed it to Lazarus for the Service Advisor to tell us that "if the clutch is burnt we wont cover it". He hasnt even seen the vehicle yet. I get a call 5 days later for him to tell us that, "the clutch smells burnt", so its going to cost and we need authorisation to fix the car. I did not authorise the repair, I only authorised stripping the vehicle so we can have a proper assessment of the issue... Im not going on whats stuck up his nose or what he thinks the issue MAY be. For the next 10 days I could not get hold of anyone in the Service Department, asked for them by name, left messages, got the run around from "managers" saying they will come back to me, they never did. The 11th day came, and they said I need to come collect, the repairs are done. I gave no go ahead, I insisted I want all the parts for assessment and a full report on the phone now that they had just gone ahead with the repairs. I get to Lazarus and they charge me R16500 - for clutch, flywheel and labour. A car not even a year old needs all this done and they didnt care that I had not given the go ahead... I had to pay or not get the car back. This being a business vehicle we needed it back to continue with our daily routine. I raised all my concerns, no managers present to help me, the Service Advisor that helped me from the beginning was suddenly "on training". They couldnt supply the parts that they removed and they did not have a report of the damage. I paid for the vehicle, and said I do not accept the work that was done but need the vehicle released and while sitting waiting for the vehicle I lodged a complaint to Ford SA. What was their reply? "You paying for the vehicle gives you NO leg to stand on and we cannot help you". A pathetic company to deal with, a joke really. The lady at Ford SA was rude, had an attitude through out and I asked her to assist with dealing with the dealership, she again refused. Stopped taking my calls, or replying to emails.
I hope that these individuals all get the same service that they provide to clients, at every service provider they go to, may they suffer how we have at their hands.
We are looking at a bakkie and were seriously considering a Wildtrak... well scratch that, we will get an Amarok.
2008 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T - 195WKW and 436NM 4x4 Cupra Thread
1981 MK1 2 door 1.3 Rust bucket Thread
ex:
Volvo C30 T5 R Design - 265.6WKW and 525NM

J-10-M
Lieutenant
Car Model: MK5 GTI

Postby J-10-M » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 pm

I was actually thinking of buying a ST.... but nevermind

MrMazda
Cadet

Postby MrMazda » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 am

I had gearbox /clutch issues on a 2010 Mazda 6 from +- 45 000km on wards. However I was lucky in that the dealer I used (for over 30 years) stood by me all the way even by passed FMCSA & getting Mazda Japan involved in my complaint. No wonder the specific DP was promoted within the group and now heads up Auto Pedigree.

In a sense I was very lucky in the end since warranty pd for 3 brand new clutches, a new gearbox and refurbishments.

LoW n SloW
Lieutenant

Postby LoW n SloW » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:18 pm

I rant the people that still buy fords....period!
2001 'rolla 160 gle (ex)
2000 'rolla facelift RSi (ex. miss this) - exhaust and vernier
2005 old schooled caddy (ex)
2001 'rolla RXi airbag spec (ex) - exhaust, vernier, cai
1995 vw golf 1 ((ex)
2006 seat ibiza FR 1.9 TDI (current) - cupra FMIC, straight pipe, RK mild nandos chicken sauce 132wkw, 426nm
2012 Audi A1 1.6 TDI (stock as they come)

Reegz
Major
Car Model: MK VI Golf GTi Edition 35
Membership No: 1400

Postby Reegz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Pessimist in me thinks that maybe the Wildtrak was delivered to its new owner. I've heard of similar stories of cars "getting jacked" from workshops. With the right *cough nigerian cough* pressure these cars have miraculously reappeared.

OP - sucks to be your buddy.
** Current Rides **
<-- 2012 MK VI Golf GTi Edition 35
<-- 2012 Touran 2.0 Tdi

** Previous Rides **
--> Sold | 2012 Jetta 6 1.4TSi
--> Sold | 02 Polo Playa | --2.0 ADY--
--> Sold | 04 Ducati Monster M400
--> Sold | 08 CBR 600 RR
--> Gone to Heaven | 06 CBR 600 RR Movistar
--> Sold | 96 Mk I CTi

Sabretooth Tiger
Cadet

Postby Sabretooth Tiger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 am

I seriously don't get why people still buy Ford products. They just keep getting worse.
Current:
2017 Tornado Red VW Jetta 1.6Tdi Comfortline DSG

Ex:
2015 Dodge Journey 3.6 V6 R/T
2008 Hyundai Accent 1.6 3dr
2010 BMW 320d
2010 Mazda 3 2.0 Individual
1999 Nissan Sabre Gxi
2006 BMW 323i
2000 Opel Corsa Lite
2006 Ford Focus
1999 Nissan Sentra Gsi
1996 Toyota Conquest.

chucker02
Captain
Car Model: Citi ADY

Postby chucker02 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 am

Sabretooth Tiger wrote:I seriously don't get why people still buy Ford products. They just keep getting worse.

+1 did you see the vid of the 2017 Ranger thats engine ran away? Guy jumped out as he thought the car was going to explode. Wasnt in SA though but still a ford
Current:

2003 Audi A3 1.8t

Ex:

2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, Brospeed 4-2-1 branch, Poly mounts and coilies. CCBB Limited edition

Rides Thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329

2002 Citi golf. ADY engine with GW carb, Viper 4-2-1 branch, 282 estas cam, 57mm freeflow, GW delarey big brake kit and GW delarey gearbox mounting.

Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603

1971 VW beetle, my first love

Return to “Non-Technical: Rants and Raves”