Premium Car Care online store
Pristine Detailing
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Make: VW, Porsche
Car Model: Polo GTI / Caddy/Cayenne

2014 Porsche GT3 Alcantara Ink Stain Removal

Post by Pristine Detailing »

forgot about this one..Got a frantic call from Porsche SA. Brand new gt3 with alcantara leather seat stain with permanent marker..negligent valet guy sat on the seat with the marker in his back pocket.
Guys wanted to use thinners to remove it in their panic. Car was locked up and key taken away. I could only get to the car 2 days later which meant that the ink would have dried up nicely.
If I could not sort it out it would have meant replacing the seat at a cost of R130k.

Tools, Swissvax Alacantara cleaner, Soft bristle leather brush, plenty clean mf cloths, compressed air, vaccum
Yes you read correctly...having run out of AF Total and not wanting to mess with APC dilutions, I found my old bottle of sv cleaner.
With the stain left for 2 days, i needed to be sure that i didnt cause more damage by going too strong with apc dilutions hence me reaching for a ready to use product. I am sure an apc mixture would work but when one is not sure why go though all the stress of figuring out what dilutions to use when you can just reach for a ready to use product.

Process:
1. Area around the stain vaccuumed
2. Alcantara cleaner misted onto the stain and left to dwell for a couple minutes
3. Using mf cloths continue to blot the stain to transfer the ink from the leather onto the cloth...Do not rub
4. Area dried with compressed air
5. Using the leather brush lightly brush the stain working from the outside of the stain inward. Note: you do not want to brush the area in any manner as this could cause the ink to spread to other areas.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5

And here is the result:

For a more indepth read on cleaning your Alcantara leather using AF Total and general leather cleaning guide, please see the following links
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/portfolio/ ... ing-guide/
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/portfolio/ ... ing-guide/
Vishal Nair
Pristine Detailing
Tel: (+27) 82 331 9095
Fax: 086 517 4709
Email: vish@pristinedetailing.co.za
Web: http://www.pristinedetailing.co.za
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Re: 2014 Porsche GT3 Alcantara Ink Stain Removal

Post by Kyle »

I would have cried, awesome turn around!
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
DINODENASH
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: BMW e46 Individual
Membership No: missing

Re: 2014 Porsche GT3 Alcantara Ink Stain Removal

Post by DINODENASH »

:eek: :eek:
good job !!!!